Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay things to do instead of lame e-peens and random quest chains

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Inertia Posted:

Stop talking about celerysteve and start talking about the game

There isn’t a lot to add on the post.

Although I could suggest to keep the job board as it is, and you could exchange job points for pieces of .moar files. Log in to see images!

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

oh man Domination

Domination definitely falls under the whole “unrelated distraction” part of the game to a mbumive extent

in fact it hijacks the game and makes you compete against other people for useless medals

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Yeah now that you mention it, Forumwarz is like a collection of unrelated mini games loosely tied to each other. You can excel in one aspect while completely ignoring the others. Not sure if that’s the charm or the downfall.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Inertia Posted:

Yeah now that you mention it, Forumwarz is like a collection of unrelated mini games loosely tied to each other. You can excel in one aspect while completely ignoring the others. Not sure if that’s the charm or the downfall.

I like it. Log in to see images!

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

I don’t mind the ‘grinding’...it’s nothing compared to Everquest. Log in to see images!

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Yeah I remember grinding on Runescape.

Peeps who complain about grinding are sissies.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I think the game is awesome just the way it is. Any of the changes stated in the OP would be very poor ideas indeed.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I am publicly acknowledging that I’ve read through this thread.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I am publicly acknowledging that I’ve read through this thread.

awaiting long-winded reply saying why i am wrong

either that or you’re going to say “well veer you have very good points but i’ll admit we have like 1 programmer and he wants to kill himself right now”

also don’t compare this game to Runescape and Everquest and be all like BACK IN MY DAY

compare this game to good games

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Inertia Posted:

Yeah I remember grinding on Runescape.

Peeps who complain about grinding are sissies.

Or Maple Story, which is probably THE grindfest. Srsly after playing that for so long, FW actually doesn’t seem grindy at all, at least to me. Not to say it doesn’t need work though, I guess.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Veer Posted:

awaiting long-winded reply saying why i am wrong

either that or you’re going to say “well veer you have very good points but i’ll admit we have like 1 programmer and he wants to kill himself right now”

also don’t compare this game to Runescape and Everquest and be all like BACK IN MY DAY

compare this game to good games

You already got one long-winded reply. I see the suggestions in this thread in a similar light. Much like, say, this thread.

Mind? Not blown.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

All I would add to FWZ right now is more sidequests with better rewards and more varied attacks (Status effect stuff, damage over time etc)

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

The script idea. How will we stop people just useing it to get free lemon? Though putting ina 5 second delay inbetween attacks could fix this.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Crinkz Posted:

The script idea. How will we stop people just useing it to get free lemon? Though putting ina 5 second delay inbetween attacks could fix this.

you could make it so if you use script you’re ineligible for lemon

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

In spite of being a relatively recent starter, I’d like to state a few things that I’ve already noticed.

First, yeah, the combat system is a bit broken. It could use a bit of polish to make it a bit less “hit, hit, heal, hit hit hit hit heal”. Statuses, rare threads, different characteristics of threads, there’s tons of fun ideas down in the other game forums or suggestions threads.

Second, once you’re finished with any game, all that’s left are minigames and the community. If the minigames are good and the community is good, there’s not a huge amount to complain about IMO. Now I know people **** about the community a lot but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s generally a very involved, creative and fun crowd, and CZ goes out of their way to encourage that. Buildr isn’t directly tied to the game, but it does give you the chance to actually add content to it, which I for one think is really cool.

Now if you don’t want to get involved in the minigames that really require grinding (*ahem* dom), nobody says you have to. There’s plenty of rewards for caring about buildr or paying attention to the forums. Anyway, at the end of the day, it’s a complement to CZ that this thread exists, in that its clear plenty of people feel the game has a lot of potential, but that it’s not really being tapped. So forward!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I understand Veer’s points and I’ve dealt with the grind aspect of FW more than a lot of players – I have 12 level 35 alts and I ground for the cred and flezz peens before Ep 2 hit. I agree that end game grinding is boring, but that was a personal choice. There was nothing in the game itself that said I needed to do those things in order to complete the main game. I happen to enjoy collecting e-peen, so I looked at grinding as the necessary sacrifice to earn those peens. With the level cap in place I have several characters that I haven’t used visits on for awhile.

What I think people seem to overlook is that the ForumWarz base game ends. I know it is positioned as an mmorpg, but given that the game ends and that characters cannot really interact, it is far more like a storyline based video game. It always confuses me when people complain about “the game” because 95% of the time that player has the E-peen that says : What the **** Was That? – This player finished Forumwarz Episode 2. The game has ended, congrats you did it correctly!

Rather than a “That’s all folks!” there is then endgame content available. These are not part of the main game at all, they are separate diversions offered to players who would like to continue doing something on site. Domination is obviously the endgame that incorporates the majority of mechanics introduced in the main game.

I don’t think Domination appeals to everyone, it is fairly time intensive if you want to be competitive, and has always needed to be balanced. One clbum seems to always have a speed advantage, one scoop earning method has always been far superior, players who can whore out their alts have been able to lock other players out. What Dom does do is give a player a reason to keep pwning. This was an end to itself in Episode 1, but in Episode 2 this has he added benefit of allowing a player to gather .moar files without feeling like they have to purely grind for them. The system might be flawed, but I think that is an improvement.

Job Board is fairly static, but again gives an end game sort of thing that allows a player to gather .moar files with a dual purpose. I really like Veer’s idea of being able to turn in job points for items or .moar file pieces, but unless those were job board exclusive items I don’t see a real point in that. I would love to see the job board become more random or complex. It would be neat to see bonus rewards for completing “super jobs” that involved doing a sequence of things. It would also be more interesting if the jobs offered once you complete Episode 2 were varied rather than the same forums every day.

INCIT is INCIT, just as Forumbuildr is Forumbuildr. They can be both fun or annoying, but any way you slice them are pretty solidly separate in every way from the main game.

I look forward to the auction house, I think it will help eliminate that “I must grind forever” feel to gathering .moar files. I have a character with:

****.MILF.asian.mammary glands.great timesshot.latina.
interracial.anal.girls.dvda
Found:

* Piece #1 x 3
    * Piece #3 x 6
    * Piece #4 x 6
    * Piece #5 x 8
    * Piece #6 x 7
    * Piece #7 x 4
    * Piece #8 x 9
    * Piece #9 x 7
    * Piece #10 x 8
    * Piece #11 x 4
    * Piece #12 x 3
    * Piece #13 x 5
    * Piece #14 x 9
    * Piece #15 x 7
    * Piece #16 x 6
    * Piece #17 x 6
    * Piece #18 x 4
    * Piece #19 x 8
    * Piece #20 x 8
    * Piece #21 x 4
    * Piece #22 x 3
 Missing:

* Piece #2

I am damn sick of grinding for piece #2. Hopefully the auction house ET is working on will do a lot to eliminate the need to grind endlessly to get the equipment you want.

I can’t help but think that until the game (if it ever does) becomes interactive most of Veer’s, and those that agree with him, frustration will not go away. Unless a game is an unending quest type thing with a huge amount of things to do, a game relies on players interacting and forming little clans or guilds or whatever. Currently there is very little reason for a player to even say hello to another player let alone work with them.

Childmolester

[Child molesters]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Signed to part about including something in this game that is fun.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

As Scully says, Domination has been the reason to keep pwning – besides the forums and whatever non game related activity there is here, the only reason to stay involved in the game. As someone who has chosen not to actively get involved in the community to the same extent as some of you, that means for me, the game is Domination. Now we also have collecting .moar files, but what are they for? To improve your character, so you can pwn more efficiently, which then leads back to… Domination.

Shame it’s so broken, then. I do see the potential in the game (and some rare weeks under the right cirgreat timesstances, it can be alot of fun) but it needs so much more work on it, and it’s not a priority for CZ, which is a source of considerable & ineffectual frustration for me.

When the auction house is introduced, that will be another way for players to interact ingame, and it remains to be seen how far reaching the effect of that will be. Probably not alot unless there are incentives (besides domination) for collecting more moar files. Maybe some renewed flezz board competition, but that’s just one peen.

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

I definitely agree that the game needs more/more interesting post-storyline stuff, preferably with some that doesn’t focus on community aspects and provides a little…variation. I left for several months shortly after finishing episode one back before ep 2 was released because the only non-competitive stuff left was constant grind for flezz. The new features when I came back alleviated this for a bit, but not for long. I’m already finding myself losing forum visits to the cap. We need variety, and we need it soon.

-Rare threads sounds like a decent idea. Adds a bit of variety to the grind, at least

-Fix the moar file aquiring. hopefully the auction or whatever will help. My main gripe about this right now is that it’s not only grinding, it’s random grinding.

-having some sort of redeamability for job points sounds like it could help.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!