Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Round up pwnage, for god's sake, this is ridiculous.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

More often than I’d care to admit, it seems that the thread pwnage is within maybe 7 pwnage points of being pwnt. I’ve been meaning to make a topic about this for a while but it keeps slipping my mind until I’m in middle of a thread and I end up at 1330/1337 again.

I mean, the indicator is full blue, and you’re like, “aaaaandddd….”, expecting the fade out, and another reply just comes up again. What the ****.

IMO, if at all possible, it should round damage points off the pixels of the indicator… so it’d be impossible to have a full bar and not a pwned thread. It’s really pretty silly to have a full indicator and still get attacked again. Especially if it’s life-and-death and you’re banking on that last hit kill.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I never look at the bar, just at the numbers next to the bar. Are there people who don’t have the numbers turned on?

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

How do you turn the numbers on? I only have the bar… and it really screws me up. =\

DG-Root

Avatar: 86945 Fri Jan 30 20:49:15 -0500 2009

[Play INCIT]

Level 40 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

It’s the very first checkbox on the options page.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Good to have you back, FalconFour.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Good to have you back, FalconFour.

Now, round damage so I don’t have to constantly waste a move on pwning off 7 points. Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I never look at the bar, just at the numbers next to the bar. Are there people who don’t have the numbers turned on?

Maybe this should default to on instead of off? I keep forgetting it’s even possible to NOT have the numbers there… there’s no way I could function without them.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Okay, well, still… why do I find myself having only like 5-10 points left out of 1,500-3,000 pwn points? The odds are extremely low, but I still end up hitting that time after time…

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

FalconFour Posted:

Okay, well, still… why do I find myself having only like 5-10 points left out of 1,500-3,000 pwn points? The odds are extremely low, but I still end up hitting that time after time…

Happens all the time. It’s why I keep a re-re or other low level attack on my attack bar.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Well, in cases like that, I never have a problem using another attack (I’ve got plenty of them) – it’s not like you can overpwn a thread. Problem I have with it is that it costs you another potential hit… if you’re lucky, that wasted hit misses, and you don’t lose any ego. But in forums like Cosplay or Emporium (aka F-16 Central *fapfapfap*), it really REALLY gets on my nerves when there’s that potential for a 450-point hit, that may or may not miss, just because of a slip in statistics. Log in to see images!

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

FalconFour Posted:

Try talking to haxl and setting yourself up with 2 more offense. And USE THE NUMBERS. There shouldn’t be a way to play without the numbers, I’m not trying to yell at you, I’m trying to emphasize it for everyone.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Wylin Posted:

Try talking to haxl and setting yourself up with 2 more offense. And USE THE NUMBERS. There shouldn’t be a way to play without the numbers, I’m not trying to yell at you, I’m trying to emphasize it for everyone.

No matter what the specs… there is statistically always the possibility of landing on those damn annoying 5 to 20-left scenarios. Bumping offense would just get you there with lower attacks. I’ve got plenty of attacks. It’s just the fact that it’s imperceptably within pwnage and yet won’t die and can still throw a full fledged attack at you that’s annoying! Log in to see images!

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

FalconFour Posted:

Well, in cases like that, I never have a problem using another attack (I’ve got plenty of them) – it’s not like you can overpwn a thread. Problem I have with it is that it costs you another potential hit… if you’re lucky, that wasted hit misses, and you don’t lose any ego. But in forums like Cosplay or Emporium (aka F-16 Central *fapfapfap*), it really REALLY gets on my nerves when there’s that potential for a 450-point hit, that may or may not miss, just because of a slip in statistics. Log in to see images!

It’s a risk you take. When you have the numbers enabled, you know exactly how much you need to hit for and you should have a pretty damn good idea by now of how much you’re hitting for. Not sure about everyone, but my attacks hit for the exact same amount every time I use them. If I have 1820 health left on a thread, and my max attack does 1800, I know I either need to use a consumable *just in case* or hold my breath and pray.

I don’t think our hits should round up to match a forum just to keep from getting hit… may as well give everyone game dolphin for free and make it not be a cheat.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Each point of offense adds ~7.61% to your base damage. That would take care of all of the off-by-5 situations you’re in now with any decent attack.

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

if something has hitpoints left, it lives.

BlankTH edited this message on 12/19/2008 8:21PM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

.moar files, redo upgrade points.

I’m currently stuck in a build where I’m consistently 5-50 points away from pwning a thread.

But that’s because I ruined my build during the flezz incident. With a proper distribution it’s much better.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

FalconFour Posted:

It’s just the fact that it’s imperceptably within pwnage and yet won’t die and can still throw a full fledged attack at you that’s annoying! Log in to see images!

So, you turned on the numbers and still have a problem or is your situation resolved?

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Wylin Posted:

So, you turned on the numbers and still have a problem or is your situation resolved?

wat

No, i haven’t been to a forum since this topic. I’m trying to say it’s not about the numbers and it’s not about offense or any of that gibberish… it’s about, like, you know. Logically if something is that close to death, so close you can’t even see any “life” (white) left on the bar, it just ****ing dies. It should be a “grace pwn”. Not all attacks will ever total out to a perfect pwn, and it’s ****ing ridiculous to waste another 500 attack on having only 5 points left. It shouldn’t even be necessary.

Offense is irrelevant because it just makes the attacks stronger. I don’t understand how that has any relevance whatsoever. It’s not like I always pwn with the same attacks. I mean… I’m not talking about 1-hit kills here in one particular forum! I’m talking about, political flamebait -> shock site -> political flamebait, then you’re left with like 5 thread health left and you have to waste a small attack on it. The forums will keep changing, some threads will pwn with just those three, some will need a whole ‘nother round of attacks to pwn them off. Changing offense won’t help anything, just let you use less or lower attacks (sometimes).

And turning on numbers is really useless as well, since… well… what’re you gonna do, run calculator and plan a strategic strike attack using your political flamebait and shock site attacks? Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Dude, just respec for more hp

around 3000 should be enough

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

You cheat at golf don’t you?

You don’t get gimme’s if you really play.

Wylin edited this message on 12/19/2008 8:42PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!