Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business I think it's time to remove the Flamebate leaderboard.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

We all know that you need at least one of these to have a shot at topping the Flamebate leaderboard, as it is:

– Tons of money to buy BP;

– Spam tubmails trying to bribe people into posting one of your threads.

Well, according to MC Banhammer here (http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/373066):

MC Banhammer Posted:

New bannable offense: spamming multiple users with tubmails is now a bannable offense.

Flamebate is pretty much dead as it is, with only a few (think 200 would be overshooting it) active people posting here. You have to resort to tubmail spamming if you want to get the E-Peen. Buying ads is not enough; for the most part, you don’t get a lot of click-throughs for ads. I think 2% click-throughs, when compared to how many times the ad had views, is an accurate shot.

What does that mean? If an ad had 5,000 views through the week, you’d have 100 click-throughs on it. And that doesn’t count people who clicks more than once.

It’s impossible to get over 1,000 people posting here unless you resort to a way to mbum communicate with them, in a way they will NOTICE your request. And tubmail is that way. Ads doesn’t work as well, simple as that.

So, what does that mean? The Flamebate E-Peen is getting on the Most-Forums-Pwned-Leaderboards level of difficulty. I can see why tubmail spamming is now a bannable offense; it’s long overdue, talking as someone who’ve done this in the past. But the Flamebate E-Peen is pointless now. Remove the leaderboard and the E-Peen.

Fran edited this message on 12/18/2008 12:25AM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Even after going after it for a while now and wasting BP on it, I agree. Do it nao.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

don’t do it. there may be new ways to get poeple posting in the future

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

The click through percentage for community advertisements is less than 1%.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Considering that peen length no longer scales to “how much the person with the most” has, is it really a problem if there are peens in the world that are simply unreasonable/impossible/implausible for anybody to get?

It seems to me that there’s no problem with having a peen out there which is possible to get, but simply nobody is going to get it without some miracle occurring.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Another option would be to have me (or tubs) move some of the major threads of the leaders to somewhere private. For example, if we took Wylin’s first “last post” contest and moved it to a private forum, it would lose its count for him and possibly knock it down.

Of course we wouldn’t do this without permission from the leaders. But I’m throwing it out there for any leaders who want to volunteer.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Wonderful idea. Guys like Wylin dropped their friends after getting that related peen and I have heard others that were willing to do the same with flamebate replies

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Even if top four were removed (the people after that do not have the peen), I think it would only be a very temporary fix since each new person who attempts it needs more posts than the last. I also don’t know how nice it is to create a new situation where a leaderboard that has become progressively more and more difficult, and yes expensive, is suddenly relatively simple. Plus, where is the cut off? Looking down the list I get to the #10 spot with BoP and know that he has some large threads, but none were contest or whoring posts. He has always been a great addition to Flamebate and I wouldn’t like to see any of his posts eliminated for the sake of controlling the totals.

Regardless of what is decided I’d really like to see something permanent about the rules created by CZ, something that cannot be changed by users. Not knocking the wiki or Banhammer’s thread about how not to get banned, but there should simply be something definite – perhaps a link added to those already on the bottom of the pages listing no nos and bannable offenses.

I enjoy this site and it is upsetting to think that I could have been banned after the fact for something I had no clue was against the rules.

scully edited this message on 01/05/2009 2:01AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

If you’re going to do this, remove Miss Popularity too.

They go hand in hand. Although one can actually go up and down while the other only up.

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

scullyangel Posted:

Regardless of what is decided I’d really like to see something permanent about the rules created by CZ, something that cannot be changed by users. Not knocking the wiki or Banhammer’s thread about how not to get banned, but there should simply be something definite – perhaps a link added to those already on the bottom of the pages listing no nos and bannable offenses.

I enjoy this site and it is upsetting to think that I could have been banned after the fact for something I had no clue was against the rules.

I have no problem with the rules being updated as needed. I do have a problem with a non-bannable action resulting in a player ban, and then an immediate rewrite of the rules to justify the ban.

Anyone remember The Dukes of Hazard? Remember how Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane would entrap people by switching out speed limit or stop signs, and all of a sudden, the Hog’s Tavern bar would have some famous country-western singer or band playing a show to work off their exorbitant fine?

All we need here to complete the analogy is to allow people to pay BP to lift their ban.

Just my non-RPing two cents. Please advise me via Tubmail if I have unknowingly violated an unwritten secret rule. I don’t think I’m currently on double-secret probation, so I should be okay.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

MC Banhammer Posted:

Another option would be to have me (or tubs) move some of the major threads of the leaders to somewhere private. For example, if we took Wylin’s first “last post” contest and moved it to a private forum, it would lose its count for him and possibly knock it down.

Of course we wouldn’t do this without permission from the leaders. But I’m throwing it out there for any leaders who want to volunteer.

http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/12639 http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/12161 you can trash these anytime to reduce my score.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

I just want to say thanks to the people who are offering to reduce their score, even if the board is just removed in the end. It’s discouraging for newer players like myself to see another peen go the way of the dodo that we can never achieve, but no matter the outcome the sentiment is greatly appreciated.Log in to see images!

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I think if the leaderboard is removed then it truly becomes impossible. What do you think?

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Also delete the Flezz and the Most Forums Pwned Leaderboard. Nobody’s gonna top them within 6 months anyway.

Nicco edited this message on 12/18/2008 9:43AM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Ok my real opinion: keep everything except Miss Popularity (which is the most corrupt board imo).

What, so if nobody can topple the board leader the leaderboard should be removed?

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I don’t have it yet. Were keeping it till I get it.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I didn’t randomly tubmail anyone asking them to post or be my friend, but I don’t mind if my first thread is moved or even if my current last post thread is closed whenever, it was a great idea and all of us who have been around recognize it and might remember it for a bit. Only thing I don’t want to see happen is an “average position on the leaderboards” leaderboard that I would have screwed myself over on by deleting my friends and/or having my threads deleted.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

This is very unimportant. If you can get the peen, fine. If you can’t, thats fine too. Why is a nonissue like this even being discussed? I’d rather see more game content than useless rules.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!