Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Have you ever seen those "Ecofan" things that are thermoelectric fans that you put on a stove?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

They always intrigued me in the Lee Valley catalogues.

I found a couple dirt cheap peltier pop can coolers at zellers a while back and finally got around to making my own ecofan thing.

Not bad considering I haven’t welded in nearly 5 years. The copper things coming off the top are from a giant pile of transmission cable my dad got off the side of the road.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 12/15/2008 1:39AM

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Holy… ****ing… ****.

That is about 500 flavors of awesome.

*jumping around like a ****ing 5-year-old kid at a candy store* Video video video video video video video video video video video video video!!!

edit: Eeeee! *watches*

edit: Log in to see images!

edit: Torching the thing probably… uh, no, definitely... isn’t the best thing for those peltier units, I’m p sure they’d melt or malfunction at that high a heat! Also, I would’ve just recycled an old CPU heatsink instead of fashioning some… *jajajaja* wire.. *gahaha* heatsink… you know, clean off a nice flat spot, apply a little heatsink compound, then solder (or weld… although solder would probably be more realistic) the heatsink to the base plate. But still goddamn friggin awesome.

edit: LOL WINDOWS 98 CD what the ****!

FalconFour edited this message on 12/15/2008 1:45AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Pretty cool. Log in to see images!

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

So it’s powered by heat?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

FalconFour Posted:

Holy… ****ing… ****.

edit: Torching the thing probably… uh, no, definitely... isn’t the best thing for those peltier units, I’m p sure they’d melt or malfunction at that high a heat! Also, I would’ve just recycled an old CPU heatsink instead of fashioning some… *jajajaja* wire.. *gahaha* heatsink… you know, clean off a nice flat spot, apply a little heatsink compound, then solder (or weld… although solder would probably be more realistic) the heatsink to the base plate. But still goddamn friggin awesome.

I didn’t have any heatsinks that’d look nice. also it’d get too hot on both sides if it were all copper/aluminum.

It’s probably bad for it to get flashed with heat, but it’s got that steel between the fire and the peltier… I dunno. They take a beating pretty well, though.

Johnny, it uses some weird chemical property in the white thing sandwiched between the plates that makes electricity when there’s a temperature difference between the two sides. So ya, it’s powered by heat.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 12/15/2008 2:06AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!