Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant i want an answer as to why crinks is banned for 2 weeks

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

ban history = everything you post is offensive

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

MCB’s quote about putting threads in the wrong place doesn’t apply when the poster has 6 previous bans for ‘out of place’ posts.

Was this thread in the wrong place, though?

For that to be true, then his thread must be viewed as a RPing attempt. But as SimplytheBest just pointed out, CZ has a love of easter eggs for this game, and as such, it is well within reasonable bumumption that this was a legitimate game discussion matter.

Tubs, by your above post, you are admitting that you were biased in your bumessment of any of Crinks’ posts because of his prior offenses. In other words, you began with the presumption that he was RPing in a non-RP forum. But as many of us have said, it is unclear if this was RPing or not.

Does this mean that the benefit of the doubt is no longer even an option if someone has prior offenses?

Does this mean that if Crinks ever posts with any sort of internet lingo, such as ‘lol’ or ‘hai guyz’, that means he’s automatically RolePlaying instead of simply using internet slang?

It’s obvious that you were pre-biased in your bumessment of the thread in question, based on Crinks prior bans. And I suggest that you overreacted. If a convicted bank robber doesn’t come to a complete stop at a stop sign, the cops don’t throw him back in jail for 20 more years.

Additionally, since it has not been proven that the thread in question actually was RPing (even with the second post by Crinks in the thread), then this was an unfair ban.

I’d like to say that I’m sad to see that this has happened, but I can’t. If I said I was sad, then I’m afraid that someone would insist that I was Role-Playing as an EmoKid. Because obviously the line between RPing and actual discussion is too blurry for some people. Maybe when Crinks gets back from his ban, he should just preface every non-RP post with ‘This is a non-RP post. Please don’t jump to conclusions.’

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I don’t think two weeks was fair, and didn’t think the thread was bad either… ehh… *shrugs* I guess the previous offenses are the big factor here, and the staff made a desicion.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Bonkenhi Posted:

I don’t think two weeks was fair, and didn’t think the thread was bad either… ehh… *shrugs* I guess the previous offenses are the big factor here, and the staff made a desicion.

“i disagree with the mods but idk”

if you think that the ban’s unfair then say so

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

So.

We’re still going with the position that asking about a possible Easter Egg is Role-Playing?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Well, your voices were heard. Thanks guys. Log in to see images!

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Crinkz Posted:

I wouldn’t expect us to react this way often if I were you. Maybe a year of being good might be a good idea.

Douchous Noo-
bus

[The Douche]

Level 16 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

Wylin Posted:

I wouldn’t expect us to react this way often if I were you. Maybe a year of being good might be a good idea.

However, think of it this way dude. Its become clear at least that prior bans are becoming weight on the record. Now, this normally shouldn’t matter when bumessing the offense, but it SHOULD hold weight when doling out punishment for said offense. I think this was sort of an eyeopener for how things should be looked at with a bit less bias than they have been.

Not accusing of Bias, however as the principles of science state, we are known to draw preconceptions based on our previous experience.

Czarnian bum-
bumin

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Crinkz Posted:

You’re welcome. Be more careful in the future, and if there’s any ambiguity possible about one of your posts in a non-RP forum, clarify your intent. I can’t promise that I’ll be in your corner next time.

Now, out of curiosity, were you trying to RP with the thread in question, or was that an actual Game Discussion related… er, discussion?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

It was question asking about as stated in this thread a possible easter egg.(Along the lines of searching shallow on sentrillion) so I thought I’d see if there was a reason why he didn’t exist. Thought it would be ok to do it in the manner I did since I’ve seen a few questions in a similar matter/only moved.

Czarnian bum-
bumin

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Seriously, Crinkz, you’re banned again now, for posting harmful links in General Discussion, something that would probably be banworthy no matter what forum it was posted in?

Why? Seriously, why?

I feel dirty & sgreat timesmy for sticking up for you now.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Wow 3 weeks ban?

what does the link do anyway? Seems like he isn’t the only one posting it.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

I rather wonder if he was the victim of some bait-and-switch linking ****, much akin to what I did with my website during the bawwfast (redirected to last measure). In that instance, the people posting the link to my site didn’t even get a consideration for a ban… I took the blunt of the b& (which was undone hours later by ET thank god).

I don’t recall what the context of the post was, but could it be possible they changed the content after Crinkz posted it? I rather would like to doubt he’d do something so damn stupid right off the bat after getting a mod-override unban…

I HATE NIGS

[WE HATE NIGZ]

Level 24 Hacker

i'm a stupid fine upstanding member of society loving fabulous person who has male fine upstanding member of societys **** in my bumhole

Banhammer / Tubs got a spyware warning when they visited his link. It was apparently asking for access to cookies/ect. from other sites.

I HATE NIGS edited this message on 12/19/2008 4:53AM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

MCbanhammers browsers ****ed some thing up or somethin’, and he appoligized for what he did.

Part of the tubmail he sent me.

MCtubmail Posted:

It looks like it’s doing some sort of cross-site thing, and some browsers are set to flag that while others aren’t. I’ve had time to determine that I don’t believe you were doing anything malicious.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Fingerz Posted:

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

There was a serious IE bug recently, and many AV programs put extra protection and thus there were many false positives. Wb btw!

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Unban Crinkz, imo

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!