Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Regarding the new E-peen length system

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Yesterday I got a new peen. Currently being the person at the top of the peen pile, I thought this was a good chance to compare a few things.

What I can confirm: when the player with 13.0” earns any new peen, every peen in the system is adjusted down to accommodate the new length.

I can officially say, this is a horrible way to doing things. Players who didn’t get a peen yesterday to compensate will log in today to find their work has been devalued. I picked up 3 more peens today, so anyone who doesn’t earn will see the same again tomorrow.

It is silly as hell to let the actions of one player impact every other player in the game. From a long term perspective if a few of the biggest peen whores just keep playing it will become more and more impossible for those who didn’t start collecting months ago to feel any sense of achievement.

It is clearly possible for someone to earn a new peen and yet have their length shrink overnight due to the person on top earning a peen of higher value. Long term the system will also place a premium on any retired peen regardless of how silly the peen was.

I don’t think this is good for the game.

scully edited this message on 12/11/2008 4:01PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

scullyangel Posted:

Players who didn’t get a peen yesterday to compensate will log in today to find their work has been devalued.

scullyangel Posted:

It is silly as hell to let the actions of one player impact every other player in the game.

scullyangel Posted:

it will become more and more impossible for those who didn’t start collecting months ago to feel any sense of achievement.

scullyangel Posted:

It is clearly be possible for someone to earn a new peen and yet have their length shrink overnight

scullyangel Posted:

signed

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

scullyangel Posted:

Yesterday I got a new peen. Currently being the person at the top of the peen pile, I thought this was a good chance to compare a few things.

What I can confirm: when the player with 13.0” earns any new peen, every peen in the system is adjusted down to accommodate the new length.

I can officially say, this is a horrible way to doing things. Players who didn’t get a peen yesterday to compensate will log in today to find their work has been devalued. I picked up 3 more peens today, so anyone who doesn’t earn will see the same again tomorrow.

It is silly as hell to let the actions of one player impact every other player in the game. From a long term perspective if a few of the biggest peen whores just keep playing it will become more and more impossible for those who didn’t start collecting months ago to feel any sense of achievement.

It is clearly be possible for someone to earn a new peen and yet have their length shrink overnight due to the person on top earning a peen of higher value. Long term the system will also place a premium on any retired peen regardless of how silly the peen was.

agree, my peen shrank a lot from yesterday and it will only shtink more tho you are getting the same peens today as i am, so the system really sucks

-thats also why i was taking a look at the most cred peen, because apparently it is worth a lot more than most peens

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 12/11/2008 3:55PM

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

I agree with everything stated here and have nothing more to add other than a simple chime of ‘me too’

Inego Loxy O-
hearn Vixen -
Eerhart John-
Ian Za Za

Avatar: 94336 Sat Dec 20 04:30:20 -0500 2008

Level 13 Hacker

IM A WORTHLESS PERSON, SEE ME PRETENDING IM PROUD OF IT. PS NICCO IS AWESOME YO

my epeen is still growing but I don’t want it to start shrinking Log in to see images!

signed

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I prefer the old peen # system… sure ‘inches’ are ‘funnier’ but it doesn’t seem to be stable/give an objective gauge of actual peens earned (when it comes to the whole decimal system anyway… )

Basically it’s an overly complicated system to represent the same thing that can be done more directly with just the number of peens earned.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 12/11/2008 3:58PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

I’ve been ranting about this (mostly in our klan forum) since it rolled out.

I’ve mentioned publicly in flamebate before and I’ll say it again – I don’t have a problem with making the peen be a length instead of a flat number. Where my entire problem lies is in comparing it to other users.

Peen collecting was one of the things that kept people playing after they finished the storyline. What’s in it for us now other than completely devaluing any and all accomplishments we make so long as the person in the lead continues to make their own?

Why is there an issue with saying “this peen is worth x inches” and have it just be a flat freakin’ length? If you want the max length to be 13 inches, make the sum of all the peens available be 13 inches. Max length is gonna grow over time, but given that the loop and medals peens currently go up to 100, I don’t think anyone’s gonna hit that max for a long time to come.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

elenaratelimit Posted:

’inches’ are ‘funnier’

And can remain so, by simply removing the 13” cap and the auto-resizing against the leader.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

spacekadt Posted:

Why is there an issue with saying “this peen is worth x inches” and have it just be a flat freakin’ length? If you want the max length to be 13 inches, make the sum of all the peens available be 13 inches. Max length is gonna grow over time, but given that the loop and medals peens currently go up to 100, I don’t think anyone’s gonna hit that max for a long time to come.

A fixed length per peen would be fine, but having a length cap will always cause shrinkage.

Ex: say that system was in place yesterday and all peen values added up to a total of 13.0”. Today 3 new peens were added. To fit them into the 13.0” every other peen must be devalued, so everyone would see shrink whenever a new peen was introduced. Somehow I don’t think waking up to peen shrink whenever a new peen is released is going to be terribly motivational to many players.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

scullyangel Posted:

Somehow I don’t think waking up to peen shrink whenever a new peen is released is going to be terribly motivational to many players.

Yeah, I’m already pretty bored with the game.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Further support (beacuse I feel strongly about this subject): Every so often we get bug reports from people who say “I got a new e-peen but today my size shrunk! WTF?”

The system is neither intuitive nor rewarding. When players earn something, they should get a feeling of accomplishment, right then. Their size should increase immediately.

EDIT: 10.62 today, to prove my point tomorrow.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 12/11/2008 4:19PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

scullyangel Posted:

A fixed length per peen would be fine, but having a length cap will always cause shrinkage.

Ex: say that system was in place yesterday and all peen values added up to a total of 13.0”. Today 3 new peens were added. To fit them into the 13.0” every other peen must be devalued, so everyone would see shrink whenever a new peen was introduced. Somehow I don’t think waking up to peen shrink whenever a new peen is released is going to be terribly motivational to many players.

Yeah, I didn’t word that very well. If ET is married to the number 13 for some reason, I’m suggesting setting all current peens to total up to 13”.

That maximum number will get larger as new peens are added, but it’s going to take a hell of a long time for anyone to reach it, given that the current peens for medals and loops go up to 100.

Let’s say out of the 13, prior to today you had 11.5”. These extra 3 will bring you up to 11.53” (or somesuch) even though the max is now 13.03. The max has grown, admittedly, but there’s no way in hell any player will hit that 13 for quite a while.

Still horribly explained, I think. Whatever. Tired.

Point is, I agree with the OP.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

MC Banhammer Posted:

EDIT: 10.62 today, to prove my point tomorrow.

10.43 today, waiting for tomorrow

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

If you want peenz to devalue the more they’re obtained, then have them give each person who gets the peen less and less of a reward for it. After all, being the FIRST person to do something is a LOT more impressive than the 9000th person to do it.

Also, that would take away the incentive for players to hog the leaderboards to keep their peen up.

Of course, NOT degrading peen length would be far more entertaining – who could say no to the lulz from people walking around with 32’ ePeens?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

I’m suggesting setting all current peens to total up to 13”.

I could actually do that if I didn’t think I’d get in trouble for it. Mods can now award epeen. So I could give ALL of them to one of my testing alts, and that would fix the top at 13”. Log in to see images!

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

well most people should get the 3 new peens today so we should all remain fairly stationary. However the turkey peens obviously count a pretty good amount so scully having 3 of them puts alot of downward pressure on the rest.

My total didn’t go up much but I definitely shot past a good number of people doing the same stunt.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

The current system is ridiculous for reasons stated in OP. I’m sure if CZ wants to drive us from the game they could just make it boring instead of making our current accomplishments worth less as time goes on ala the time between ep 1 and 2. It’s back, and worse.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

This system is extremely dumb. Remove it entirely or remove the 13” cap.

Only people who likes this new system are griefers who don’t even play or care anymore, to the point that they just log in to troll people on the forums, and you shouldn’t be catering the game to these people. That’s seriously a way to drive away people who like and care about the game.

An honest question: Why did you change the system, to start with? It was perfectly normal and the people who really cared about E-Peen collection liked it as it is.

11.66 today. Can’t wait to see for how long it will shrink tomorrow.

Fran edited this message on 12/11/2008 4:45PM

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

If you want peenz to devalue the more they’re obtained, then have them give each person who gets the peen less and less of a reward for it. After all, being the FIRST person to do something is a LOT more impressive than the 9000th person to do it.

That is almost never true for e-peens. The first person to get almost any leaderboard peen needed to do far less work than those who did it later. For all the automatic type peens it would also skew things yet again against players who don’t function on CZ time and those who haven’t been playing for a long time.

Also, that would take away the incentive for players to hog the leaderboards to keep their peen up.

Your logic does not resemble our earth logic. There is no incentive currently beyond wanting something to be more exclusive, and that exact same incentive would be there. Also, it can actually be a sacrifice to stop “hogging” a leaderboard. One must stop creating threads, stop doing jobs, stop pwning forums, etc. In most cases, when a favor cannot be returned, exactly where is the incentive for a player to stop playing their game in order to let other random players have whatever peen they are at the top of? Honestly, the only one that is really easy to deal with is the friend peen.

Also, Vuron is right, the shrink people got this morning should “regrow” when ET addresses the extra peens bug report I sent in yesterday, so those who picked up the 3 new peens should see growth.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I think ET should just remove the cap, honestly. Not only that, there should be a number under the e-peen length that tells everyone how many achievements or whatever you wish to call them that you’ve recieved.

So, signed, I guess.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!