Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest A Christmas Carol - Forumwarz Style! ITT VOTING!

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

Read OP

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Who gets to vote?

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I voted, but since I entered more than once do I get more than one vote?

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Voted Log in to see images!

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

Anyone can vote, yeah…

Phunk Mastah

[Chuck Norris]

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

can we still vote?

CaptainJackM-
organ

Avatar: 45980 Fri Oct 24 23:18:45 -0400 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 35 Hacker

To boldly pwn where no man has pwned before

So I’m guessing all the votes from the Googledocs poll are null and void? Good thing I decided to randomly check this thread. Bumping for anyone who doesn’t know about the whole ‘vote by tubmail’ thing.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

drussthebritishbastard Posted:

Anyone can vote, yeah…

cool

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

I think i’ll keep the votes going until the 13th… so one more day to vote.

shrtcat

Avatar: 79911 Sat Nov 15 22:45:44 -0500 2008

Level 25 Emo Kid

Posting from inside JB's bumhole

This is a very terrible and disorganized way of voting, you should have stuck with the poll.

Nicco

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

shrtcat Posted:

This is a very terrible and disorganized way of voting, you should have stuck with the poll.

This.

Also I already called toxx clause on this and will probably discuss it with the mods soon.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

shrtcat Posted:

The tubmail voting was a last measure idea I had, I simply had no other choice. The poll did not work because all people had to do to **** up the scoring was to simply refresh after voting. And there are plenty of people in favour of disrupting it in this manner. Unless you mean posting a poll on the forum in which case wouldn’t have worked either because there were too many entries to list in the options.

If you have a better idea, believe me – I’d ****ing love to hear it. But I’m not disappointing people further by changing the method of voting.

Nicco

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

The tubmail voting was a last measure idea I had, I simply had no other choice. The poll did not work because all people had to do to **** up the scoring was to simply refresh after voting. And there are plenty of people in favour of disrupting it in this manner. Unless you mean posting a poll on the forum in which case wouldn’t have worked either because there were too many entries to list in the options.

If you have a better idea, believe me – I’d ****ing love to hear it. But I’m not disappointing people further by changing the method of voting.

You could’ve made 6 polls with 7 entries per poll. Then the winning entry of each poll is qualified for the finals. And in the final poll the one with the most votes will win the 12 BP. Very easy.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

Um, no.

The way I’m doing things at the moment is fine. Not desirable but fine in collecting votes and keeping people happy. Just means more work for me, I can live with that.

Nicco

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Um, no.

The way I’m doing things at the moment is fine. Not desirable but fine in collecting votes and keeping people happy. Just means more work for me, I can live with that.

And how do you think that’s fair?

Competitors can work together and all decide to vote for 1 entry.

And who might know if the winning entry was really the winner? You can’t really prove that.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

...I’m not disappointing people further by changing the method of voting.

I add: again.

drussthebritishbastard edited this message on 12/13/2008 11:40AM

Nicco

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I add: again.

Let me tell you something:

You edited the OP without quoting it for toxx

You change the rules of the contest while it’s still going on

There were 2 winners with the poll voting via google, yet you keep changing the voting method

I don’t see this as a contest anymore.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

Okay, I’ve had enough of this Nicco.

The first time I did the google docs thing Johnny Mac stuffed the ballots in your name, disrupting my plans to pick a winner the way I had planned.

The next time I’m not fully aware what went on because I told XI to make another google form while I attended a meeting. It was when I came home that I found out my idea had been foiled yet again by the votes being ****ed about with again. That night myself and XI then decided to do voting by Tub and today I extended the contest.

I didn’t do this because you were winning, in fact I wouldn’t have done any of this if Johnny Mac didn’t ballot stuff, the form worked right the first time, and everything else went according to plan. You know what? If you don’t want to be in this contest, fine. I’ll disregard your votes if that’s what you truly want, but what I won’t do is change the plans for voting again and inconvenience everyone else further.

Nicco

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I didn’t do this because you were winning, in fact I wouldn’t have done any of this if Johnny Mac didn’t ballot stuff, the form worked right the first time, and everything else went according to plan. You know what? If you don’t want to be in this contest, fine. I’ll disregard your votes if that’s what you truly want, but what I won’t do is change the plans for voting again and inconvenience everyone else further.

I guess I’m aware of that but did you stated somewhere voting multiple times was allowed?

disrupting my plans to pick a winner the way I had planned.

Uhm, what? Are you confirming here you want a specific winner?

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

He was reffering to the method where one would be picked. Also, I do think he mentioned in the OP that people should have one vote each and if there were any shenanigans he would keep the BP.

-XI- edited this message on 12/13/2008 3:00PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!