Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion [CLOSED] I am a Creationist ask me a question

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Healbot Posted:

You’re an agnostic?

wat? no..

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Inertia Posted:

Well yes that is what Romans 9:14-21 basically says.

That means there is no free will then.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Deific Blunder Posted:

That means there is no free will then.

This is what I’ve keep saying all these time. For us there is free will, but in God’s perspective, the thing that we call free will is redundant. But as far as we’re concerned, we still have free will.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Inertia Posted:

This is what I’ve keep saying all these time. For us there is free will, but in God’s perspective, the thing that we call free will is redundant. But as far as we’re concerned, we still have free will.

The concept of no free will goes against Christian doctrine and also puts God on a very, very evil pedestal. O.o

Like I said, I believe that there isn’t enough evidence to prove or disprove either way. Just offereing up some healthy points for debate.

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

The universe is deterministic, thus no free will. The brain is merely an object which follows the laws of physics and chemistry.

TL;DR: We are moist robots. Our “choices” are made by the state of chemicals and neurons in our brain at a given moment, and those chemicals and neurons are affected by our genes, environment, past experiences, and external stimuli, none of which we have control over.

Back to your example of the green ball and red ball, when you present person X with that choice of selecting one or the other, you are basically subjecting his brain to an external stimulus over which he has no control. Lets call this external stimulus E.

Like a finite-state machine, this person’s entire life and experiences will have caused his brain to be in one of two sets of states, lets call these two sets of states A and B.

For any brain-state in group A, if the brain is presented with external stimulus E that will cause a chain reaction in the brain which will have repercussions that extend to the eye and the hand and cause them to take the red ball.

For any brain-state in group B, if the brain is presented with external stimulus E that will cause a chain reaction in the brain which will have repercussions that extend to the eye and the hand and cause them to take the green ball.

Crude as this example is, you can definitely extend it to any situation. Selecting an item from the menu at a restaurant, for example. The “choice” you make will be entirely dependent on the state of the chemicals and neurons in your brain at that very moment. And those chemicals are affected by many things, none of which you have control over such as:

1- The state of your stomach i.e. how hungry are you

2- What you had the last time you were there. The chemical effect from last week will still be there

3- Whatever the person your with is having will also affect your brain chemistry

If you wish to refute my theory please tie your examples in some way to Christian texts

Carix

[Giveupalready]

Level 61 Troll

“Grendel”

next time do your own homework.

It wasn’t a homework task.

3x + 2y = 28

3x + 12y = 78

-10y = -50

y = 5

3x + 2(5) = 28

3x + 10 = 28

3x = 18

x = 6

This was a simple problem. I could have given you a set of 25 equations with 25 variables. However the point remains, you solved them in the simplest manner possible, by reducing the problem, to get a partial solution then solving by substitution.

1. Physics

2. The afterlife

3. By Word

since you gave such short answers, i’m going to have to bumume that you mean for 3 by the word of God and that by the afterlife, heaven and hell; two places that do not exist in our physical universe.

the questions I gave you, were essentially larger problems; while not directly related to simultanious equations, you should still have approached them using a logical and reasoned approach. Instead you create new things to try and explain something because you don’t know the answer.

To demonstrate what you did with a simpler problem, if i were to give the equations above to someone who didn’t know how to solve them and they were to do it like this:

3x + 2y = 28

x + 4y = 26

Add god to both equations.

3x + 2y + GOD = 28

x + 4y + GOD = 26

so x = 7 and y = 9

this works because:

3*7 + 2*9 = 39, in this case GOD = -11

7+4*9 = 43, in this case GOD = -17

of cause, GOD is an all powerful being so when put into an equation can be both -11 and -17 at the same time.

———————————————-

If you go to hell for not believing in god/accepting jesus as your saviour etc; for some people that is the only reason that they believe in god – the fear of hell. Is that really what god wants?

Edit:

i noticed you didn’t respond to this either:

I’ve been “possessed” by the holy spirit while writing this post… god says you’re wrong. He didn’t acctually create the universe, it was an accident – knocked over a jar of chemicals while high on pot. He appologises for the confusion.

As with the equations, there was a point to it.

Carix edited this message on 12/10/2008 8:50AM

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Inertia Posted:

Isaiah 14:12 describes Lucifer’s fall from heaven. It is said that he fell from Heaven unto Earth. Obviously earth has to be created first before he can fall unto it. Yet in Genesis we see that Satan is already on Earth, in Eden, taking the form of a serpent.

This is not supported by the bible. It is a later christian view from the middle ages. Further, you should read Num 22:20-26. There’s an angel of the lord which stands against Balaam, as Balaam is doing something against god’s commnd. What do you think the hebrew term for that angel is?

Inertia Posted:

No, but though we have no original mbumcript of the bible, we have a pretty good source of early copies (Dead Sea Scrolls).

The DSS are the Qumran family, and the bible text is from the Masoreh family. There are serious differences between the two.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Inertia Posted:

Cool you’re already internet debating back when I was still learning multiplication table…

I’m rather scared to take you on but will try.

We do have free will, and God is omniscient. So you’re saying that if God can know what would we do in advance, that effectively means no free will?

I’m saying that not only does god know, but god created us to do what he knew we would do. We can’t not do what god created us to do. It’s not possible. And you did precisely what I sad you would: you forgot “creator of everything”. Typical apologist tactic.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

wow guys questions are getting tougher and tougher I’m afraid I can’t keep character any longer…sorry

you guys are cool you win some of those questions are beyond me

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Goatse II Posted:

Muslims generally view Jesus and the Virgin Mary in a positive light. Why do they hate Christians so much?

You’re judging an entire religion based on the actions of a small portion of it?

By that logic all Christians are completely bat-**** crazy…

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Inertia has been swayed and is no longer a Creationist. Thread is no longer valid.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!