Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion [CLOSED] I am a Creationist ask me a question

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

OverclockedJesus Posted:

What is the average airpseed volocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European?

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

Why are both the concepts of Heaven and Hell terrifying?

Hell is eternal torture, etc, yet the concept of a perfect heaven requires the loss of free will, meaning that we ourselves as we are now never get to go to heaven, meaning, in theory, that if Heaven, God, etc. exist, then dying for a Christian is essentially giving up what makes one human, meaning death really is the end whatever way you look at it.

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

Muslims generally view Jesus and the Virgin Mary in a positive light. Why do they hate Christians so much?

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Sorry. I went to bed. Here’s the link for irreducible complexity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreducible_complexity

Also, how do you feel about Ken Miller? As a student of Apologetics, I think this video may interest you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRsWAjvQSg

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

mike oxlong Posted:

Can God microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

The answer is that God can indeed create a burrito so hot that he could not eat it…at that moment in time. But God also has the ability to transcend himself instantly so that he could now eat the burrito. At this new level, God could then create another burrito which he could not eat at that level. He could then transcend himself again and eat the burrito, create a new one, etc.

King Krimson Posted:

Why are both the concepts of Heaven and Hell terrifying?

Hell is eternal torture, etc, yet the concept of a perfect heaven requires the loss of free will, meaning that we ourselves as we are now never get to go to heaven, meaning, in theory, that if Heaven, God, etc. exist, then dying for a Christian is essentially giving up what makes one human, meaning death really is the end whatever way you look at it.

Let me direct you my older thread http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/18567

Goatse II Posted:

Muslims generally view Jesus and the Virgin Mary in a positive light. Why do they hate Christians so much?

Wow where do I start. We kicked their bumes during the Crusades. We dis their prophet Muhammad all the time. We are good friends with Israel, their mortal enemy. Particularly the Dome of the Rock issue.

The Bible also said some bad words about Arabs (descendants of Ishmael). Obviously they are bumhurt hahaha.

I missed a question earlier, I’ll address it now

OverclockedJesus Posted:

What makes your (2) to draco different from the overall Euthyphro dilemma?

How can we have free will with an omniscient creator of everything? Given that biblegod is “defined” as such, it is clearly impossible to have free will. I know, I know: apologists always forget one or the other (omniscient/creator of everything) in the reply. I saw it way too many times when I posted in alt.atheism (way back when—I was even there for the great rec.org.mensa flamewar of ‘97).

Cool you’re already internet debating back when I was still learning multiplication table…

I’m rather scared to take you on but will try.

We do have free will, and God is omniscient. So you’re saying that if God can know what would we do in advance, that effectively means no free will? Predestination much? Not really. Just because He knows what I’m going to choose does not mean I do not have the power to choose. So to use a parable…

I offer you a green ball and a red ball. You may choose either one. I know in advance that you will of choose green because you like the colour green.

An alternative situation. I know that you already have a green ball at home and I know that you know that I told a buddy that you will definitely pick the green ball. I know that you would pick the red ball instead because I know you hate me. In both examples you still have the choice to pick either green or red ball though, I just know what you were going to pick.

Conclusion is, omniscience doesn’t destroy your free will.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

I’ve read that guy’s book, Michael Behe. I think it was pretty bad.

also video is too long; didn’t watch

Inertia edited this message on 12/10/2008 5:29AM

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Inertia Posted:

Cool you’re already internet debating back when I was still learning multiplication table…

I’m rather scared to take you on but will try.

We do have free will, and God is omniscient. So you’re saying that if God can know what would we do in advance, that effectively means no free will? Predestination much? Not really. Just because He knows what I’m going to choose does not mean I do not have the power to choose. So to use a parable…

I offer you a green ball and a red ball. You may choose either one. I know in advance that you will of choose green because you like the colour green.

An alternative situation. I know that you already have a green ball at home and I know that you know that I told a buddy that you will definitely pick the green ball. I know that you would pick the red ball instead because I know you hate me. In both examples you still have the choice to pick either green or red ball though, I just know what you were going to pick.

Conclusion is, omniscience doesn’t destroy your free will.

Like I said, I don’t think there is a right or wrong when it comes to religion. People should treat each other like people, but I find that argument is inherently flawed, maybe you can elaborate?

Free will and omniscience are diametrically opposed between Creator and creation in this case. God gave us free will because he loves us and wants us to come to him freely, but he knew our destinies when creating us(i.e. he knew every hair on our head before we were born). If he knew our destinies before creating us, then he knew some people were going to be evil/murderers/rapists even unto death and still chose to create them in this fashion, thus creating someone with the destiny of separation from God in the afterlife(Hell). Alternately, he didn’t know what choices we would make and there is no omniscience present. Explain?

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Inertia Posted:

also video is too long; didn’t watch

Watch it on your own time, when you have a chance. Ken Miller is a devout Catholic who lectures against Intelligent Design and keeping religion out of our schools. I just found it a very interesting video and thought you may enjoy it as an Apologetics student.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Deific Blunder Posted:

Like I said, I don’t think there is a right or wrong when it comes to religion. People should treat each other like people, but I find that argument is inherently flawed, maybe you can elaborate?

Free will and omniscience are diametrically opposed between Creator and creation in this case. God gave us free will because he loves us and wants us to come to him freely, but he knew our destinies when creating us(i.e. he knew every hair on our head before we were born). If he knew our destinies before creating us, then he knew some people were going to be evil/murderers/rapists even unto death and still chose to create them in this fashion, thus creating someone with the destiny of separation from God in the afterlife(Hell). Alternately, he didn’t know what choices we would make and there is no omniscience present. Explain?

The first one is correct. He knew what we were gonna become, and He knew that some will go bad. This can be seen in the story of Esau and Jacob and was discussed quite plainly in Romans 9:14-21. Still, this does not mean we don’t have free will, as I’ve previously argued.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Inertia Posted:

The first one is correct. He knew what we were gonna become, and He knew that some will go bad. This can be seen in the story of Esau and Jacob and was discussed quite plainly in Romans 9:14-21. Still, this does not mean we don’t have free will, as I’ve previously argued.

Unfortunately, that’s exactly what it means. The examples in your previous argument were of someone who was merely omniscient, but not the Creator. In the case of a Creator, when created with omniscience of your every action in life before creation, it’s predestination.

Are-

Avatar: 90963 Mon Dec 15 03:10:56 -0500 2008

[Giveupalready]

Level 35 Hacker

The Biscuit Kid is my GOD, and I'm a piece of ****!

Inertia Posted:

Prove it.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Are- Posted:

Prove it.

He’s not here to prove God’s existence. He’s just offering to clear up question people may have about his religion.

Carix

[Giveupalready]

Level 61 Troll

“Grendel”

...Back to sin, God creates mammary glands, but God didn’t create fapping, that’s ridiculous. By the way, contrary to popular belief, fapping isn’t natural. Animals don’t jerk off, and many people have never fapped once in their life. Semen lets itself out even if you don’t fap.

Acctually (and i can’t be bothered to find them) there are videos on you tube of various animals fapping/attempting to fap.

The Bible was Divinely Inspired. The men who wrote the bible were “possessed” by the Holy Spirit whilst writing the books. So it was as if God Himself was writing the books. This is a core doctrine for most Christians.

I’ve been “possessed” by the holy spirit while writing this post… god says you’re wrong. He didn’t acctually create the universe, it was an accident – knocked over a jar of chemicals while high on pot. He appologises for the confusion.

—————————————————-

how does the universe work?

what is the meaning of life?

how was the earth created?

(before answering those)

Solve these Simultaneous Equations

3x + 2y = 28

x + 4y = 26

—————————————————

Is hell exothermic or endothermic?

(sorry couldn’t resist Log in to see images!

Are-

Avatar: 90963 Mon Dec 15 03:10:56 -0500 2008

[Giveupalready]

Level 35 Hacker

The Biscuit Kid is my GOD, and I'm a piece of ****!

Deific Blunder Posted:

He’s not here to prove God’s existence. He’s just offering to clear up question people may have about his religion.

I asked him what the 1,000,001th decimal of Pi was, he said 6. I asked him to prove it… Not to prove that God is real.

Carix Posted:

Let me quote bash.org for that:

<lib1790> so, at this college there was an extra credit question “Is hell endothermic or exothermic”

<lib1790> this is what one kid wrote:

<lib1790> First, we postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mbum.

If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mbum. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think that we can safely bumume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

<lib1790>As for souls entering hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to hell. Since, there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

<lib1790> Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mbum of souls and volume needs to stay constant.

<lib1790>So, if hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose (i.e.,Hell is exothermic).

<liv1790>Of course, if hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, than the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over (i.e.,Hell is endothermic).

<lib1790>So which is it? If we accept the postulate given by Ms.Therese Banyan during my freshman year, “That it will be a cold night in hell before I go out with you,” and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having a relationship with her, the second case cannot be true. Therefore, hell is exothermic.

<lib1790> the kid was the only one who got credit

Are- edited this message on 12/10/2008 6:51AM

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Deific Blunder Posted:

Unfortunately, that’s exactly what it means. The examples in your previous argument were of someone who was merely omniscient, but not the Creator. In the case of a Creator, when created with omniscience of your every action in life before creation, it’s predestination.

But only God is omniscient, we are not. This knowledge of the future is unknown and therefore irrelevant to us. As discussed in Romans, yes I suppose you can call that predestination… but not exactly in the sense that I think you are thinking of. As humans we still have free will, although this free will is rather redundant in God’s perspective, but as far as we’re concerned we determine our own lives.

I think you can look at it this way. First, think that God is not omniscient, he doesn’t know the future, we have free will. Then, he gains omniscience, he now knows the future, but he keeps this knowledge to himself. Are we affected in any way by this change in God’s knowledge? We still have free will.

Are- Posted:

Prove it.

NO U disprove it.

Carix Posted:

(before answering those)

Solve these Simultaneous Equations

3x + 2y = 28

x + 4y = 26

—————————————————

3x + 2y = 28

3x + 12y = 78

-10y = -50

y = 5

3x + 2(5) = 28

3x + 10 = 28

3x = 18

x = 6

next time do your own homework.

Carix Posted:

how does the universe work?

what is the meaning of life?

how was the earth created?

1. Physics

2. The afterlife

3. By Word

Carix Posted:

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Inertia Posted:

But only God is omniscient, we are not. This knowledge of the future is unknown and therefore irrelevant to us. As discussed in Romans, yes I suppose you can call that predestination… but not exactly in the sense that I think you are thinking of. As humans we still have free will, although this free will is rather redundant in God’s perspective, but as far as we’re concerned we determine our own lives.

I think you can look at it this way. First, think that God is not omniscient, he doesn’t know the future, we have free will. Then, he gains omniscience, he now knows the future, but he keeps this knowledge to himself. Are we affected in any way by this change in God’s knowledge? We still have free will.

He gains omniscience? The bible states that he is, not that he gains it post our birth. This doesn’t address my question in a satisfying(to me) manner. Even if he didn’t have omniscience to begin with, that would cast doubts on his omnipotence and omnipresence as well. God in the Christian doctrine is either omni-potent/scient/present and we don’t have free will since it all goes according to his infallible plan or he isn’t and is not a perfect being. Log in to see images!

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Deific Blunder Posted:

He gains omniscience? The bible states that he is, not that he gains it post our birth. This doesn’t address my question in a satisfying(to me) manner. Even if he didn’t have omniscience to begin with, that would cast doubts on his omnipotence and omnipresence as well. God in the Christian doctrine is either omni-potent/scient/present and we don’t have free will since it all goes according to his infallible plan or he isn’t and is not a perfect being. Log in to see images!

nonono I don’t mean that God gained Omniscience. I was using it as a comparison to show that his omniscience does not cost us our free will. That he can be omniscient while we have free will.

Deific Blund-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Inertia Posted:

nonono I don’t mean that God gained Omniscience. I was using it as a comparison to show that his omniscience does not cost us our free will. That he can be omniscient while we have free will.

I see what you are saying, but then, yes, it makes a huge difference. If God is not omniscient, then you’re right, it affects in no way and we will be judged according to our actions when we stand before Him, but He is omniscient, therefore able to predict with no error exactly what we will do before we are ever even conceived, thus him creating creatures who will do things exactly as he as known and pre-ordained according to His plan, in turn sending to Heaven or Hell those he chose.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Inertia Posted:

He died for you, you call him a meanie head?

You’re an agnostic?

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Deific Blunder Posted:

I see what you are saying, but then, yes, it makes a huge difference. If God is not omniscient, then you’re right, it affects in no way and we will be judged according to our actions when we stand before Him, but He is omniscient, therefore able to predict with no error exactly what we will do before we are ever even conceived, thus him creating creatures who will do things exactly as he as known and pre-ordained according to His plan, in turn sending to Heaven or Hell those he chose.

Well yes that is what Romans 9:14-21 basically says.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!