Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion [CLOSED] I am a Creationist ask me a question

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Inertia Posted:

No further question?

What makes your (2) to draco different from the overall Euthyphro dilemma?

How can we have free will with an omniscient creator of everything? Given that biblegod is “defined” as such, it is clearly impossible to have free will. I know, I know: apologists always forget one or the other (omniscient/creator of everything) in the reply. I saw it way too many times when I posted in alt.atheism (way back when—I was even there for the great rec.org.mensa flamewar of ‘97).

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

do you seriously believe the earth is 6,000 years old

what is your view on evolution (a good read: http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm)

Tesfan edited this message on 12/09/2008 10:29PM

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Tesfan Posted:

what is your view on evolution (a good read: http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm)

He’s just trolling… in a non-RP forum.

Request ban

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Inertia Posted:

The Bible was Divinely Inspired. The men who wrote the bible were “possessed” by the Holy Spirit whilst writing the books. So it was as if God Himself was writing the books. This is a core doctrine for most Christians.

Were all the thousands of people that transcribed the Bible similarly possessed? And how does this work with all the different versions of the Bible?

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Crinkz Posted:

The below sentace is false.

Both sentaces above and below this are true.

The above sentance is false.

Which sentance is right?

That one is the closest to being right, unfortunately you spell it ‘sentence’ so it isn’t.

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

ShadyPixels Posted:

That one is the closest to being right, unfortunately you spell it ‘sentence’ so it isn’t.

Except that’s a question

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

BlankTH Posted:

Except that’s a question

It’s still logically the closest to being right.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

BlankTH Posted:

Except that’s a question

A question is a type of a sentence.

ArtificialFl-
avour

Level 41 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

Why does God change his mind?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

whoops, was off pwning forums again on my camwhore. brb compiling replies

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

I secretly love Fran, but I'd never let that go to Flamebate, hating her is cool. I LOVE YOU FRAN!

Did God create dinosaurs?

I was doing a little research myself and came across

http://www.christiananswers.net/dinosaurs/j-where1.html

is that the common held belief?

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

BlankTH Posted:

And how do you know this? Did god tell you?

I’m telling you, the bible is a load of crap. It’s not a coincidense that none of the things happen now that “hapened” back then.

As a Christian you don’t have to know. All we need to do is believe. As the apostle Paul put it, it is faith that give us salvation. There is no [known] empirical proof for the Bible being the true word of God. I won’t go over the usual “bible written by hundreds of people, but no contradiction”, “most popular book of all time”, or stuff like that because those are not hard proof. Rather, you should experience it. There’s nothing like experiencing the Bible yourself. Too bad I’m not in position to give anecdotal evidence.

By your second paragraph I presume you mean miracles like the ones Jesus and the prophets did. Those still happen actually. I’ve never tried this but I’m pretty sure there’s some videos in youtube… I’ll look for those later.

Tesfan Posted:

what is your view on evolution (a good read: http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.ht )

Personally, no I don’t believe the Earth is 6000 years old. Some people within the Creationist circle that does, yes, they’re called Young Earth creationists. I think they are stubborn fundamentalists. This doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in what is said in Genesis, though. A closer view of the Bible reveal a hidden truth.

Isaiah 14:12 describes Lucifer’s fall from heaven. It is said that he fell from Heaven unto Earth. Obviously earth has to be created first before he can fall unto it. Yet in Genesis we see that Satan is already on Earth, in Eden, taking the form of a serpent. So he must’ve fell before that. In fact, the most reasonable answer is that he fell unto earth before the 7 day creation in Genesis 1.

What I believe is that Earth has already been created before, but was ruined by Lucifer’s fall that it needed to be repaired. So the 7 day creation in Genesis 1 was in fact, a re-creation. This theory implies a large time gap between Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” and Genesis 1:2 “Now the earth was formless and empty, ...”

Now this is just speculation, but we identify Lucifer’s fall with the catastrophic event that saw the extinction of the Dinosaur.

Ahh, my view on evolution. I believe that mutations do occur, and natural selection is real. But evolution, that’s pushing it too far. I feel that this is too large a topic to fully discuss yet. Will wait until there is a more specific question about this.

BlankTH Posted:

He’s just trolling… in a non-RP forum.

Request ban

I am not trolling. God, please smite this heathen.

The Wandering Hypocrite Posted:

Were all the thousands of people that transcribed the Bible similarly possessed? And how does this work with all the different versions of the Bible?

No, but though we have no original mbumcript of the bible, we have a pretty good source of early copies (Dead Sea Scrolls). These were found to have very minimal, and minor, disagreements with the modern version. They were pretty strict in copying the Bible.

Different versions of the bible? Well there’s the Protestant Bible, the Catholic Bible, the Orthodox Bible (quite a few versions), and the Mormon Bible. Mormon bible is obviously bull****. The others were essentially the same. It’s just that some include this book and that, while some do not accept them. If you mean the different translations, like KJV and NIV, yes that could cause ambiguity or something to be lost in translation. This is why every bible scholar study Hebrew and Ancient Greek. Also most bibles have footnotes describing alternate meaning of words.

ArtificialFlavour Posted:

Why does God change his mind?

It is the human factor. Your prayers can influence God’s decision. This is demonstrated a few times in the bible. For example, in Jonah 3, Nineveh was saved from God’s wrath by the prayers of its king and inhabitants. He was going to destroy them, but then changes his mind.

mike oxlong Posted:

Did God create dinosaurs?

I was doing a little research myself and came across

http://www.christiananswers.net/dinosaurs/j-where1.html

is that the common held belief?

Man lived with Dinosaurs? Well I’ve heard this before about Dinosaurs being left out from Noah’s Ark. But I prefer the theory I posted above, where Dinosaurs were killed by Lucifer.

The immediately obvious flaw you can see with this theory is that the flood would only mbumacre land dwelling animals. Water dwelling Dinosaurs should’ve been able to survive the flood. And why would Noah left them out in the first place. Raptors are pretty small to fit in the ark.

God certainly did create Dinosaurs though.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Are you serious?

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Do you think Theist Evolutionists go to hell?

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Big Brother Posted:

Do you think Theist Evolutionists go to hell?

Probably not.

It doesn’t matter which theory they believe in. All that matters is that they accepted Jesus as saviour. Duh.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Good, because I’ve actually heard that from some people.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Next QuestioN:As a Christian how do you justify FW-playing?

Sort of hypocritical since I’m a Christian and don’t really know myself

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

I secretly love Fran, but I'd never let that go to Flamebate, hating her is cool. I LOVE YOU FRAN!

It’s a sin. REPENT, REPENT!

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Big Brother Posted:

Next QuestioN:As a Christian how do you justify FW-playing?

Sort of hypocritical since I’m a Christian and don’t really know myself

I adblock inappropriate materials such as camwhore attacks. Other than that what is wrong with playing Forumwarz?

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

Can God microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!