Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Two things that are REALLY cheap that shouldn't be.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Flash media, and gas.

What the **** happened? Seriously? And more importantly, why does Google spit back retard results for queries about each?

You know, not too long ago, a 1gb stick was 40 bucks, and gas was $4.50 a gallon. Right now Woot has a 4gb stick for 7 bucks, and I just got 3 gallons of gas on a $5 bill. What the ****ing hell.

Don’t just tell me “the economy” either… an economic crisis would logically make prices go up, not down… as it gets harder to pay for manufacturing, and people don’t have the money to buy things, it makes sense that prices go up, not down… like gas prices were.

Flash, I can sort of understand… to a point, at least. I don’t understand why it’s so ****ing cheap, but oh well. Gas, on the other hand, is just a big fat “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE”. Gas is a limited resource and we’re running out of it. There’s really no reason it would have shot down to a record low price in a matter of a week… **** just doesn’t make no sense. Why? How? I just don’t get it, and I just don’t get why not everyone is questioning it instead of just saying “okay, gas is cheap nao, lets break out the hummerz”. It’s a little freakish dontchathink?

/$0.02

Discuss.

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

INCIT is like my birthday party but with more people

You forgot human foolishness. It’s priceless and free!

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Just enjoy it while it lasts and don’t complain.

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

Avatar: 70410 Tue Mar 31 18:27:10 -0400 2009

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Posesses, and is, an incredibly large male reproductive organ

kittiejenn Posted:

Just enjoy it while it lasts and don’t complain.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Moore’s Law and the simple answer for the gasoline prices is “the economy,” but it’s ‘cause with the economy taking a huge kick in the bum and energy hitting all-time highs, despite ample supply, the energy bubble burst. That’s to say, people just weren’t buying it anymore. So, OPEC lowers prices, to encourage holiday spending, but don’t expect it to stay there.

DG-Root

Avatar: 86945 Fri Jan 30 20:49:15 -0500 2009

[Play INCIT]

Level 40 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

I just shelled out $40 for a 4GB flash device not too long ago and now I’m hella ****ed at the prices on ‘em now. Log in to see images!

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Flash media gets bigger, faster, and easier to make the longer time goes thanks to the exponential growth of computers. Faster computers help you make computers faster.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

I got a 16gb flash drive off of Newegg for $20 a couple months back.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

Deific Blunder Posted:

Moore’s Law and the simple answer for the gasoline prices is “the economy,” but it’s ‘cause with the economy taking a huge kick in the bum and energy hitting all-time highs, despite ample supply, the energy bubble burst. That’s to say, people just weren’t buying it anymore. So, OPEC lowers prices, to encourage holiday spending, but don’t expect it to stay there.

I was going to type a lengthy post, but quoting this should suffice.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Wow they’re so cheap in America

By gas I presume you mean petrol.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Inertia Posted:

Yeah.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Inertia Posted:

No, I don’t mean bum-lube, I mean, gas. Log in to see images!

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

FalconFour Posted:

Hey look at me, I am insensitive to other countries that aren’t mine because I’m most likely an American sgreat timesbag.

IRONNNY

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Flash memory – Easier to make, cheaper to sell. There’s nothing wrong with that, they’re just getting the hang of it.

Gas – is very expensive here so quit your whining. It’s like 12kr a litre. ($5.48 per gallon)

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

FalconFour Posted:

No, I don’t mean bum-lube, I mean, gas. Log in to see images!

Oh, LNG?

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

BlankTH Posted:

Gas – is very expensive here so quit your whining. It’s like 12kr a litre. ($5.48 per gallon)

Yea, that’s the problem. It’s TOO cheap in America, which results in Americans being general male reproductive organs about what they do with it. SUVs, Minivans, hummers, etc…

It had to hit, what, $4/gallon before people in the US even toyed with the notion of considering hybrid and electric vehicles as anything OTHER than a feel-good cash-sink gimmick for tree-huggers?

On an unrelated note, I seriously need to start looking into running an international business buying computer parts, and non-region-locked hardware/software in the US and selling it to people in other nations.

Have you actually priced that stuff? Even WITH buying the items retail over here AND individual shipping, I could STILL beat UK prices and turn a tidy profit.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

The price of a gallon of gasoline was only tangentially connected to the economic problems here. Gas was over-valued due to the unregulated trading of oil futures, to simplify a bit. It was well known that the oil prices would have to come back down, in essence for the bubble to burst. The part that surprised most people was how long it took for that bubble to burst, but that’s just what you get when you allow back room deals to dominate any particular market. It’s my opinion that the housing market crash indirectly caused the oil bubble to burst.

As for the outrageous petrol prices across the pond, I was under the impression that was due mostly to higher levels of taxes rather than the market value of oil. Not sure why I’m supposed to feel bad about that.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!