Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Selective Modding

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Inertia Posted:

Downvoting every post in this thread.

God Doesn’t Exist You Fools was a legit thread. OP had legit arguments (copypasted), though nobody bothered to read so much text. Those threads about God and morals were also pretty fun to post in. They’re neither pointless trolling nor uptight business. Moving it to General RP will kill it.

If by “legit arguments” you mean “condescending trolling” then yes, that thread was FULL of legit arguments. The thing about religion is, there are no facts that prove or disprove most religions. Everything in that thread was opinion, and most of shrtcat’s posts had “you have imaginary friends” undertones. If you allow that, you should allow similar trollings back IMO (or ban them both, or move the DUPLICATE thread).

FAIL edited this message on 12/09/2008 3:16AM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

FAIL Posted:

Selective modding is getting mad gay. I don’t know who the culprit has been as of late, but one glaring example was my banning for posting goatse in Ayn Rands. I got a week for this post , which was fair. What was stupid though, is I’m not naming any names but there was definitely another goatse posted on that page that a mod just edited out without dishing out any bans.

He was already banned for goatse. Obviously the proper thing to do was extend the ban when I found the post several days later, but since it was an old post by the time I found it I didn’t want to tack on more time. It didn’t seem right to go “oh hey you’ve done your time for posting shock but you posted it twice and nobody pointed out the second one until now so here’s an extra ten days ban”

Also the post with the second goatse was not reported once on the day it happened. Typically the community is on the ball when it comes to reporting posts but not in this case.

Sorting through 18 reports for one post or thread is a pain, but if you see images that break the rules, report them

There’s a lot more I discussion I can go into here but it’s the middle of the night so I’ll look here again tomorrow.

happy birthday to me Log in to see images!

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

The meat of this issue is this. It appears to the public that the moderators are not acting objectively and thus poisoning the community with favoritism towards some users and acting like they are on the witch hunt for others. As Crotch Zombie and Forumwarz by extension is a business, it does not serve the interests of the company to have such an image, however as it is a small business it is really up to those in charge to decide. Granted, a game centered around the activity of forum trolling draws a lot of trolls, however at some point there needs to be a line and this is why we have moderators.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that it is bad for business to have moderators that play favorites, the best course of action though would maintain business as usual and let one of them slip in such a way that it becomes blatantly obvious so that the only recourse can be to remove them.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

you know what else is interesting..mods have unlimited bp, and can therefore prank ppl endlessly which of course generates income for the game. ‘anonymously’

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

you know what else is interesting..mods have unlimited bp, and can therefore prank ppl endlessly which of course generates income for the game. ‘anonymously’

i dont think mods should be allowed to use bp

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

i know you only get a finite amount, tub, but in other cases who knows even what they do..especially with mr bootyhole and their selective banning n ****

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

They do? o.O

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

its amusing that ive seen a lot of pranks anonymous but i imagine quite a few are cz-based on ppl, more than you think. but i hope im wrong, because thats just p underhanded

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

Fran Posted:

They do? o.O

uh…-its their game…?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

SIG, where did you get this info regarding Mods & BP?

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

Avatar: 70410 Tue Mar 31 18:27:10 -0400 2009

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Posesses, and is, an incredibly large male reproductive organ

If they don’t get inf, they should atleast get like 1-5 every week for doing their job.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Sig, the mods don’t just have infinite BP, we’ve got to ask ET when we need more.

I keep a few in stockpile for testing and illegal avatar replacement. (which almost never happens)

I don’t know if JB and the other admins actually have infinite BP. I’d bumume they do but don’t know for sure.

Loads of people do anonymous pranks.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 12/09/2008 1:05PM

SHODAN

Avatar: 56565 Thu Oct 16 09:19:29 -0400 2008

[Citadel]

Level 35 Hacker

Look at you, Hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone.

This is terrible. Someone should call the internet police or perhaps write their congressmen.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I have NEVER used BP given to me for being a mod in any fashion which interferes with paid BP expenditures. I bought BP for my contest, and have earned BP in other ways available to others as well. Those are what I use for pranks, etc. I don’t even buy ads with unpaid BP, as putting those ads in rotation would diminish the exposure of paid ads.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

I have NEVER used BP given to me for being a mod in any fashion which interferes with paid BP expenditures. I bought BP for my contest, and have earned BP in other ways available to others as well. Those are what I use for pranks, etc. I don’t even buy ads with unpaid BP, as putting those ads in rotation would diminish the exposure of paid ads.

this

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I think the community just needs some feedback whenever modding happens, just so that people get a bit of transparency in things. Perhaps editing offending posts to add the following:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Well, bumuming that color tags actually worked, anyway.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Perhaps editing offending posts

That usually does happen. It’s just that tubs, being new, sometimes forgets.

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

I agree with OP. Needs more consistancy.

But a lot of the accusations IMO (not in OP) are a bit unfair.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I do admit our lack of a firm permaban is bad. We need to one day permaban people, not characters. The problem with such a vivid and active community is that the people with moderator abilities are friends, not moderators.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

This always sorta bothered me no big deal though but we do ahve a very personal relationship here at FW with our mods.

Raepdog edited this message on 12/16/2008 9:25PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!