Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Selective Modding

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Selective modding is getting mad gay. I don’t know who the culprit has been as of late, but one glaring example was my banning for posting goatse in Ayn Rands. I got a week for this post , which was fair. What was stupid though, is I’m not naming any names but there was definitely another goatse posted on that page that a mod just edited out without dishing out any bans.

Another horrid example of abuse of power is shrtcat’s trolling religion thread in no srsly. How can you look at a thread entitled “God Doesn’t Exist You Fools” and think “this belongs in No Srsly, nevermind the fact that it goes against many people’s beliefs while insulting them” AND THEN think “When someone else gives a dissenting opinion while throwing in a similar insult to calling someone a “Fool”, I should ban them.”

IMO, the community is already rapidly going downhill. Why don’t we stay consistent with the bannings.

Yours always,

FAIL

P.S. in before a wrongful move to whiny ****es.

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

I secretly love Fran, but I'd never let that go to Flamebate, hating her is cool. I LOVE YOU FRAN!

If you don’t like it then just quit.

oh right you can’t.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

mike oxlong Posted:

If you don’t like it then just quit.

oh right you can’t.

uh this is a serious thread in GD…

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

Requesting that this thread be moved to Whiny ****es.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

i agree with all that completely. there is blatant favoritism and rulebreaking because of it,

the modding is neither fair nor consistent. its a little surreal to watch it happen

since i expect a little more from

mods in the sense of upholding the rules with equanimity and fairness to the best of their abilities. (said abilities looking pretty skewed now imo)

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I think it depends on who handles the case.

From what I’ve noticed, Banhammer endures the rules much more than Tubs, thus banning more. That may be because Tubs is still fairly new on moderating (and being friends with flamebate trolls, afraid of becoming uncool, whatever), but I too have been noticing that.

Also: if Inego Loxy Ohearn Vixen Eerhart John Ian Za Za (I did a copypasta on the nick) is really iRAWR behind a proxy, why is he not banned yet? It’s clear he came back just to **** stuff again.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

It seems that the rules don’t apply to shrtcat. He can make illegal alts, troll and make duplicate threads in non rp, whatever he pleases.

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

I secretly love Fran, but I'd never let that go to Flamebate, hating her is cool. I LOVE YOU FRAN!

Personally I think you are all blubbering woman's genitalss for whining every time you get a ban or somebody else doesn’t get a ban. If I get banned for calling you out you can be sure I wont get my panties in a bunch if somebody else gets away with it.

Congrats you posted a shock image and got banned but people still think you are cool and your life is still going on so why are you being such a **** about it?? If you try to push the envelope sooner or later you’re going to get banned and a real troll takes his punishment like a man

mike oxlong was banned for this post by Evil Trout

mike oxlong edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

was Posted:

It seems that the rules don’t apply to shrtcat. He can make illegal alts, troll and make duplicate threads in non rp, whatever he pleases.

Yeah, I’ve been noticing this too.

If that BFF contest was an excuse to break rules at will, I would’ve make a much bigger effort on the contest. Log in to see images!

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

I’m not trying to say there should be more or less bans, or different rules, just more consistency.

I don’t necessarily think shrtcat should be banned either, just used his thread as an example.

Sorry shrtcat.

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

Just sounds like more whining to me.

Different mods will do different things and I think this is obvious and entirely necessary in a game like this. Mods with different personalities help balance each other out.

If you have never gotten away with anything in this game ever then I truly feel for you and I am pretty sure the mods have it out for you. But if you’ve made some posts that would get the regular jagoff permabanned and gotten away with it I wouldn’t be surprised at all. It happens and sometimes you will be lucky and sometimes you will be unlucky.

Bottom line, don’t break the rules and you wont have to worry about anything.

mike oxlong edited this message on 12/09/2008 2:13AM

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

mike oxlong Posted:

yeah you’re right dude, consistent rules are for homos.

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

FAIL Posted:

yeah you’re right dude, consistent rules are for homos.

This is a serious board if you’re going to be sarcastic I’ll have to ask you to go to an RP forum.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

mike oxlong Posted:

Different mods will do different things and I think this is obvious and entirely necessary in a game like this. Mods with different personalities help balance each other out.

The problem I have with this argument is that it has often been the position of the administration that the rules are not open to interpretation.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

mike oxlong Posted:

This is a serious board if you’re going to be sarcastic I’ll have to ask you to go to an RP forum.

Irony.

And yeah, rules are rules and must be enforced. Being a moderator is a work that requires you to be soulless, pretty much.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Anyway, I agree with you to an extent mike… different people often require their situations to be handled differently. I’m not talking about sketchy rules, I’m talking about posting goatse and trolling.

FAIL edited this message on 12/09/2008 2:25AM

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

MAN, mods have gotten a bloody bludgeoning today… I just peacefully resolved a choice selection of words to Banhammer about klan forum post reporting, and what to do when the klan leader (who evidently is the only person that can report posts… lol wut) is b&. Logic says that the duty falls to an officer (size=-1 especially one that does all the heavy lifting in the klan /size). But I digress.

I fully and wholeheartedly agree with OP.

FalconFour edited this message on 12/09/2008 2:30AM

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

In my brief time here I thought that the rules in Flamebate have always been very loosely enforced. RP forums are incredibly lax on rules and if you got banned for a week for goatse and someone else just had their post edited then that is the luck of the draw. Either way the rule was enforced and the CONSISTENCY that you desire so much is there right in front of you the whole time.

The Non RP forums are a different beast entirely. The mods do a good job keeping it crap free, but the rules have always made it feel stuffy and restricting. To me the fact that they are loosening up is a good thing and I honestly hope the mods don’t listen to you because they are getting better at using their discretion and you are ****ing up the whole thing.

I am happy if 1/3 of the people breaking the rules can get away with it. more power to them. that’s all, enjoy your whaaaamburger

mike oxlong edited this message on 12/09/2008 2:44AM

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

mike oxlong Posted:

In my brief time here I thought that the rules in Flamebate have always been very loosely enforced. RP forums are incredibly lax on rules and if you got banned for a week for goatse and someone else just had their post edited then that is the luck of the draw. Either way the rule was enforced and the CONSISTENCY that you desire so much is there right in front of you the whole time.

The Non RP forums are a different beast entirely. The mods do a good job keeping it crap free, but the rules have always made it feel stuffy and restricting. To me the fact that they are loosening up is a good thing and I honestly hope the mods don’t listen to you because they are getting better at using their discretion and you are ****ing up the whole thing.

I see your point, I didn’t think of it that way because I bumumed they weren’t trying to loosen up the rules in nonRP forums. If that is the case (which I still don’t think it is) then disregard this thread.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Downvoting every post in this thread.

God Doesn’t Exist You Fools was a legit thread. OP had legit arguments (copypasted), though nobody bothered to read so much text. Those threads about God and morals were also pretty fun to post in. They’re neither pointless trolling nor uptight business. Moving it to General RP will kill it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!