Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Vuron's Balance Suggestions

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Ok it’s pretty clear that we are having wild gyrations with game balance currently and many of the new changes (including the new forum) have thrown the balance completely out of wack yet again.

So here are some friendly suggestions from me about how to rectify the situation.

1)Decide what your design objectives are going to be. If the lvl 28+ forums are supposed to be hard don’t make a clbum that can reliably 2 hit your hardest forum while taking a much smaller amount of damage.

2)Before adding a new forum or adding new equipment test it with your balancebot in an offline environment in order to see if the new forum or equipment powers up one clbum more than the other clbum.

Keeping in mind these rules here are my clbum balance suggestions.

Give each clbum a game role to play.

Troll – currently the role seems to be hit hard and be able to absorb damage.

Keep their damage totals the same but increase the refresh rate on their attacks and double the douchebaggery costs of their top three attacks.

Results:

Political Flamebate 350 Douchebaggery 16 Refresh 2

Shock Sites 220 Douchebaggery 16 Refresh 2

Post Personal Info 150-180 Douche 18 Refresh 2

This would force trolls to move to a 1-2-3-1-2-3 attack pattern (or even occasionally use Recipes). This should slow them down quite a bit but would still give them a noticeable edge on some of the harder hitting forums.

Camwhores

Turn these guys into better healers. They should probably hit relatively hard but should mainly be able to clean house on the easy forums. On the hard forums their healing abilities would come into play.

Results:

Fetish 225 Sexiness 15 Refresh 1

Hand Bra 200 Sexiness 13 Refresh 1

Healing Abilities- Instead of a fixed range amount make it a fixed range amount + some formula dependent on charisma. End result NSFW should be able to heal between 400-600 ego on a decently specced camwhore. This would enable them to stay in the fight against the new forums without needing to purchase consumables. In addition it would actually make charisma a somewhat valuable stat for camwhores.

Emos

Emos aren’t bad it’s just really really difficult to bring their special ability into play on most forums.

My suggestion would be to keep their actions as is but to allow them to come into the battle pre-damaged so to speak. That way if my emo had 500 ego normally I could set a % damaged as I go into the forum. I’d make it in 10% increments. That way if I was willing to risk a lot I could go in at 50/500. This would allow emos to pwn forums faster but at substantially more risk.

Hackers

The problem with hackers currently are that their attacks don’t do much damage and they are really really slow (which really punishes them in speedruns). However they can get truly astronomical stat values thus I would change their attacks to 2 damage and make avatar a decent end attack

Results:

AVTR- 230-250 PP 10 Refresh 2

IPZ 170-190 PP 7 Refresh 2

FLIPR 120-140 PP 6 Refresh 2

This gives the hacker a 1-2-3-1-2-3 attack run which would be extremely useful but not overpowering.

Finally in order to give Recipes some value as a end game tool I would suggest raising it’s damage value to 400 Attack.

seldon

Avatar: 4309 Thu Feb 12 14:32:35 -0500 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I fellated my dog once... it was salty but I liked it.

having the heals scale would be useful, and would help compensate for the thrashing camwhore attacks took.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

this is well thought out so i agree, but it also all depends how they end up tweaking forums/chars more of course

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Very good thread imo.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Handle healing+charisma like damage+offense. You do 7.66% more damage for every point of offense you have, and giving 7.66% more healing per point of charisma works out ok.

NSFW does 140-160 healing. bumuming a Cha of 50 and a bonus rate of 7.66%/cha, that would work-out to 676-773 restored ego per use. Since you can only use it every 3 rounds instead of every round like 5-HTP, that’s not *too* unbalanced.

Considering that Cosplay Central one-shot me with a 565-damage attack before my latest respec, it seems like a decent enough way to do things.

Also, as far as hackers go I’d say increase the damage on their long-refresh attacks, and drop it down on their short-refresh attacks. That way they can heal and recharge their PP without having to sacrifice damage-dealing rounds.

Maha

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

agreedo on making Camwhores decent healers again

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Maha Posted:

agreedo on making Camwhores decent healers again

Fix’d.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

These suggestions sound really solid.

The only thing I’d really add would be the thought that clbumes would not need to be so perfectly balanced, they could be varied and more interesting if they just had clbum specific speed boards. Every time some new thing shifts the balance people get up in arms because their end game play is messed with. Speed runs earn scoops and the job board seems to always be radically skewed (speed times) to whatever clbum has the happiest balance at the moment. Clbumes could actually use their natural strengths and maybe vary their builds a bit if they weren’t in competition with the other clbumes.

mike oxlong

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 31 Troll

I secretly love Fran, but I'd never let that go to Flamebate, hating her is cool. I LOVE YOU FRAN!

Ok good but what are we gonna do about the ridiculously overpowered permanoob?

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

scullyangel Posted:

These suggestions sound really solid.

The only thing I’d really add would be the thought that clbumes would not need to be so perfectly balanced, they could be varied and more interesting if they just had clbum specific speed boards. Every time some new thing shifts the balance people get up in arms because their end game play is messed with. Speed runs earn scoops and the job board seems to always be radically skewed (speed times) to whatever clbum has the happiest balance at the moment. Clbumes could actually use their natural strengths and maybe vary their builds a bit if they weren’t in competition with the other clbumes.

The idea of splitting the speedruns based upon clbum has alot going for it as you don’t want to make the clbumes to similar or it reduces the value of buying alts with BPs.

I think you either set it up where all the clbumes are pretty much similar (which require coding big defense bonuses onto the camwhores and emos) or you need to set it up where clbumes are going to be strong on a particular range of the forums. The problem currently is that trolls are strong on every forum currently available and they can reasonably dominate the speedrun times on all of the top end forums.

So you either need to slow down the trolls ability to pwn (either through increasing refresh time or by reducing damage capacity). If you are seeking to emulate a DPS clbum for a MMORPG you need to give the trolls rapid attacks with lower damage curves. If you are seeking to emulate a big dumb brute you need to give them powerful attacks that are slow to refresh.

Personally I liked the symmetry of giving camwhores and emos 1-2-1-2 attack runs and trolls and hackers 1-2-3-1-2-3 attack runs because the camwhores and emos should be able to hit fast but should do less damage on their big hits, while the trolls and hackers should be able to hit hard and stay in the game longer.

BirdReynods

Avatar: 41906 Mon Dec 08 21:36:48 -0500 2008

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

/signed

Ravaryn

Avatar: 75916 Tue Nov 04 19:49:43 -0500 2008

[WeChall]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Vuron Posted:

Emos

Emos aren’t bad it’s just really really difficult to bring their special ability into play on most forums.

My suggestion would be to keep their actions as is but to allow them to come into the battle pre-damaged so to speak. That way if my emo had 500 ego normally I could set a % damaged as I go into the forum. I’d make it in 10% increments. That way if I was willing to risk a lot I could go in at 50/500. This would allow emos to pwn forums faster but at substantially more risk.

If they’d let you use Up-Suck out of the specific forum, then Emos would be able to do that. In fact, I was really disappointed when I found out I COULDN’T use it to make my Emo stronger.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Ravaryn Posted:

If they’d let you use Up-Suck out of the specific forum, then Emos would be able to do that. In fact, I was really disappointed when I found out I COULDN’T use it to make my Emo stronger.

You’d still lose time and turns by up-sucking to low Ego. I think Vuron’s suggestion is more acceptable.

/signed to this.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

What’s the point in camwhores having lower refresh rate when they’ll waste that turn for healing anyway?

That would be more suitable for trolls as they don’t need healing Log in to see images!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

quangntenemy Posted:

What’s the point in camwhores having lower refresh rate when they’ll waste that turn for healing anyway?

That would be more suitable for trolls as they don’t need healing Log in to see images!

Yeah let’s make trolls unstoppable tanks with huge damage.

Oh wait, they already are.

ezek

Avatar: 64391 Sat Jan 10 11:26:32 -0500 2009

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

Heut’ Ist Mein Tag

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!