Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz capital punishment

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

EDIT: After some consideration, my viewpoint on the topic has changed slightly. Please see page 4, post 2,3 for more details.

Original Post:

Capital punishment is being removed from certain areas.

Criminals who commit crimes that bad should not deserve to live. These criminals are a danger to society. Instead of throwing them in jail for life, giving them a chance of leaving eventually, it is much easier to simply terminate their lives. These criminals are a danger to society. If they are granted the right to leave from the jail, there is nothing preventing them from committing horrible crimes for a second time. The criminal is forced to be in his jail cell, living off of the tax dollars of the area’s residents. Why should people pay for the well-being of a criminal who poses a significant threat to them? If the person has chosen to commit such terrible crimes, he / she has already decided to throw away his / her life by doing so. If the person has already sentenced himself / herself in this way, why should the criminal be allowed to live after his crime has been committed?

Criminals that are committing horrendous crimes should not be subjected to a life sentence in jail. A cursory death sentence is infinitely quicker and more effective. If the criminal is put in jail, he / she will be surrounded by more criminals for a long time. This means that the criminal has virtually no chance to recover and change his ways. Since the criminal is constantly around other criminals, he does not have a good influence to set him straight. Consequently, the idea that a criminal can be fixed by jail time is spurious.

Thus, lifetime jail sentences are ineffectual, costly, dangerous, and inhumane. Capital punishment eliminates these 4 problems by terminating the problem instantaneously. Why should such an effective method be banned?

ghax edited this message on 12/07/2008 7:03PM

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Who would WANT criminals running around causing problems again?

EDIT: don’t we have enough of those in our government?

ghax edited this message on 12/07/2008 5:52PM

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Capital punishment is more expensive because of the precautions required (extra trials, chemicals, etc)

It also deprives an innocent individual of presenting his/her case after death.

What’s more, it’s been proven to be an equally effective deterrent when compared with Life in Prison.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

generichaxor Posted:

EDIT: don’t we have enough of those in our government?

Government itself is a criminal organization.

Endedrural

Avatar: 36629 Fri Oct 24 22:53:46 -0400 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

generichaxor Posted:

So if we remove capital punishment, we’re also allowing the criminals who were spared life to run around and cause problems, as opposed to being locked in jail for life?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

because people believe in God.

Arbiter

Avatar: 77516 Fri Nov 14 12:15:05 -0500 2008

Level 41 Hacker

Simply, greatest hacker evar.

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Capital punishment is more expensive because of the precautions required (extra trials, chemicals, etc)

What’s more, it’s been proven to be an equally effective deterrent when compared with Life in Prison.

First off, a lifetime term is more costly to taxpayers, as they need to be fed, clothed, housed, and supervised year after year. The money spent on appeals, the few years on death row, and the 10 cc of rat poison goes nowhere near this. Secondly, these people are not innocent, and shouldnt get to do **** except die. And i would say that death is the ultimate deterrent. Tbh if it were up to me, as soon as they were announced guilty they would be taken to the back of the courthouse, shot in the face, then dumped into a mbum grave. NOW THAT would save some tax dollars and make the world a better place.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

DarkDespair5 Posted:

If ur an innocent individual, then ur not a criminal. Thus, ur not going to get a life imprisonment or a death sentence. (unless the prosecution got a very good lawyer)

People thrown in jail for life still have the chance of getting out eventually. Then they can return to society and wreak havoc.

Letting hardcore criminals loose does not seem like a good way to improve life for anyone.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Did you know that in Iran they execute juveniles too?

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Arbiter Posted:

First off, a lifetime term is more costly to taxpayers, as they need to be fed, clothed, housed, and supervised year after year. The money spent on appeals, the few years on death row, and the 10 cc of rat poison goes nowhere near this. Secondly, these people are not innocent, and shouldnt get to do **** except die. And i would say that death is the ultimate deterrent. Tbh if it were up to me, as soon as they were announced guilty they would be taken to the back of the courthouse, shot in the face, then dumped into a mbum grave. NOW THAT would save some tax dollars and make the world a better place.

Seems odd right? I thought it would be more expensive at first too.

http://www.nyadp.org/main/faq

Also, innocent people HAVE been killed wrongly.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Endedrural Posted:

So if we remove capital punishment, we’re also allowing the criminals who were spared life to run around and cause problems, as opposed to being locked in jail for life?

Dead criminals don’t cause problems.

Living criminals are problems because they can commit more crimes if ever released back into society.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

generichaxor Posted:

Dead criminals don’t cause problems.

Living criminals are problems because they can commit more crimes if ever released back into society.

They won’t be released if they are locked up for life.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

So like I wonder why they didn’t kill Magneto when they captured him, instead giving him the chance to escape.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Inertia Posted:

because people believe in God.

what does ur so-called god have to do with criminals?

if god existed (feel free to argue about that at http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/19525) then he would want ppl not to be criminals.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Isn’t the death penalty cheaper than life in prison?

No. It costs a great deal more.

“Elimination of the death penalty [in California] would result in a net savings to the state of at least tens of millions of dollars annually, and a net savings to local governments in the millions to tens of millions of dollars on a statewide basis.” (Joint Legislative Budget Committee of the California Legislature, 09/9/99)

Total cost of death penalty is 38% greater than total cost of life without parole sentences. (Indiana Criminal Law Study Commission, January 10, 2002)

Since its return to New York in 1995, $160 million has been spent. The New York Daily News estimates that before the first execution takes place, $238 million will be spent.

In addition to the funds required to try death penalty cases, the New York Department of Correctional Services spent $1.3 million to construct New York’s 12-inmate death row and pays nearly $300,000 per year to guard the unit. (New York Law Journal, April 30, 2002)”

From the site.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Inertia Posted:

So like I wonder why they didn’t kill Magneto when they captured him, instead giving him the chance to escape.

Good luck escaping Max Sec prison.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

DarkDespair5 Posted:

They won’t be released if they are locked up for life.

there have been people that have been released from jail

also, what if the criminal breaks out of jail by any chance?

i dont care how improbable that is, it still could happen

if the criminal is dead, neither of those is a risk.

if the criminal is released, he / she will immediately resume his previous life, causing pain, misery and havoc

Oliver Klosh-
off

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

There are experimental prisons that are operating in the United States today that use a method other than shoving criminals into cells and executing them at set dates. These prisons are actually more like a criminal rehabilitation center, by placing all of the inmates in one giant, expansive room, removing all individual cells. In these prisons, all of the inmates are actually given daily therapy sessions, activities to relieve tension and aggressive tendacies, and are given bumistance in job placement when the criminals are finally released.

After these experimental prisons were started, the prisoners became calmer and less agressive, compared to those who are just shoved in a small cell with little interaction between other inmates. The daily therapy sessions that the experimental prison inmates were given has had a huge impact on their lives, dramatically decreasing the chances of a return to a life of crime.

tl;dr: With proper therapy and counseling, criminals can be transformed into working members of society, thus removing the need for corporal punishment.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

generichaxor Posted:

there have been people that have been released from jail

also, what if the criminal breaks out of jail by any chance?

i dont care how improbable that is, it still could happen

if the criminal is dead, neither of those is a risk.

if the criminal is released, he / she will immediately resume his previous life, causing pain, misery and havoc

It’s more likely that an innocent is killed. Please read the website given. I’m a utilitarian. I care about removing the individuals from society and preventing further harm more than actual punishment.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 12/07/2008 6:12PM

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

generichaxor Posted:

what does ur so-called god have to do with criminals?

if god existed (feel free to argue about that at http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/19525) then he would want ppl not to be criminals.

freewill, etc

Also it has to do with the sanctity of life and God being the only one with the right to give or take away life.

but Islam of course condones it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!