Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Gay Brownie Points Overpriced? (BPO) Rant inside.

ULTIMATE PAN-
TS

[team awesome face]

Level 10 Troll

I'm America's problem: I think everything should cater to me.

Flame to your hearts content, but it’s an issue causing the creators of forumwarz to loose money.

Your charging too much.

To aquire full access to the game, it requires 32 brownie points. With some of the purchasables being one use, aswell as the large gap between the purchasable 20 BP and 45 BP deals, to have intented use of the game would require atleast $50 US (the 45 BP deal), this is close to retail prices of console games for the current generation consoles and PC games.

Comparing console/PC games to Forumwarz is like comparing soft toilet paper to a leaf, when it comes to cleaning the bum. They are simply not of equal value, and any intelligent customer would see this.

Forumwarz, for its content, is overpriced. This is further shown by the price for trivial and/or cosmetic things such as personal avatars, creating characters, starting again and other customisations, which in other multiplayer games, even with a cheaper pricetag offer for free.

You may argue with the point that to complete the game, only requires $10 US. Mind you, for purchasing the game, you are still limited to, depending on the difficulty, 30 minutes of actual ‘gameplay’ per-day. Which still means you are limited, even though you have purchased the game.

You are intended to purchase more. Just to play the game without restrictions on gameplay time costs $15 US, and this is without any other user accessability.

Your game is overpriced, and many potential customers would be put-off by this. As a text based game (It is, images and swfs does not change this) it doesn’t have comparable value to console and PC releases around the same price tag.

– $5 US to start again?

– $5 US to creat a 2nd character? (another $5 for more?)

– $3.50 US to play without time restrictions?

each brownie point costs MORE then a US dollar. ($1.70 to be exact)

Please re-consider your products value, and what should and should not be charged for. It’s understandable you have put alot of effort into the game, but that doesn’t mean you overcharge to compensate.

A lower price means more buyers anyway.

Rant by ULTIMATE PANTS, peace.Log in to see images!

Benjamini

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I agree with you, when I first heard of the brownie points I thought great, I’m gonna spend 2-3$ to get an advantage over other players, like I’ve done in a few other text-based online games. But when I saw the prices, 10$ for episode 2 and what-not I thought WTF are you kidding me? No way I’m buying that Log in to see images!

Actually now that I’ve finished episode 1 (it took only a week or 2 I think), have all the best items (except moar files) and have 52 streak E-Peen, I think it’s time to quit forumwarz, unless either they lower the prices of brownie points (by at least 50%) or I get lucky and win a contest for 7BP. Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

not reading but agreeing anyway

i like cheap things

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Benjamini Posted:

I agree with you, when I first heard of the brownie points I thought great, I’m gonna spend 2-3$ to get an advantage over other players, like I’ve done in a few other text-based online games. But when I saw the prices, 10$ for episode 2 and what-not I thought WTF are you kidding me? No way I’m buying that Log in to see images!

Actually now that I’ve finished episode 1 (it took only a week or 2 I think), have all the best items (except moar files) and have 52 streak E-Peen, I think it’s time to quit forumwarz, unless either they lower the prices of brownie points (by at least 50%) or I get lucky and win a contest for 7BP. Log in to see images!

Jesus Christ then quit if you are that ****ing cheap. Tired of this.

Ten dollars is jack ****, get a job. Even a low paying job You’ve payed for ep2 in 1.5 hours, quit after that I don’t care

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

lmao u broke dawg

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Johnny Mac Posted:

Jesus Christ then quit if you are that ****ing cheap. Tired of this.

Ten dollars is jack ****, get a job. Even a low paying job You’ve payed for ep2 in 1.5 hours, quit after that I don’t care

If McDonald’s charged $10 for a Big Mac, you’d say “jesus christ, ten dollars is jack ****, get a job”. It’s a question of value, bumhat.

Also, I fully agree, BPs are way ****ing overpriced.

Not to mention that CZ hasn’t paid much attention to their business model lately… they STILL haven’t updated the  100,000 so-called “lottery winner” cheat, that doesn’t do a lot of jack **** with the Ep. 2 changes…

http://falconfour.com/bumhurt-cinematic
learn to ****ing spel

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

FalconFour Posted:

If McDonald’s charged $10 for a Big Mac, you’d say “jesus christ, ten dollars is jack ****, get a job”. It’s a question of value, bumhat.

I don’t see how you can use that analogy.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

The Wandering Hypocrite Posted:

I don’t see how you can use that analogy.

I don’t see how you couldn’t see how I can use that analogy.

learn to ****ing spel

TEH Man

Avatar: 60598 Tue Nov 04 22:52:30 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

dude, do contests or beg AAHZ for BP, so far i have obtained 17 BP and I havent payed a single cent

Benjamini

Level 35 Hacker

AAHZ?

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

FalconFour Posted:

If Big Macs were ten bucks I’d go somewhere else, so GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. **** if anyone here is going to care.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

TEH Man Posted:

dude, do contests or beg AAHZ for BP, so far i have obtained 17 BP and I havent payed a single cent

this is the cool way to do things

but how did you get 17 from contests solely

i got 11 so far. 8 from contest, 3 from bribe

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Johnny Mac Posted:

If Big Macs were ten bucks I’d go somewhere else, so GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. **** if anyone here is going to care.

My point exactly, if CZ keeps charging $50 for full access to a ****ing text game, people are going to “GO SOMEWHERE ELSE”.

learn to ****ing spel

Benjamini

Level 35 Hacker

FalconFour Posted:

My point exactly, if CZ keeps charging $50 for full access to a ****ing text game, people are going to “GO SOMEWHERE ELSE”.

****ing owned

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

FalconFour Posted:

Lol not likely. And where the **** did $50 come from?

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Really all you need is the $10 to access EP2. That’s not much. It’s the same as a Mr. Accessory in KoL.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

FalconFour Posted:

I don’t see how you couldn’t see how I can use that analogy.

Big Macs have a one time use and essentially a deadline to use it. You can only compare the two if Forumwarz did not give you anymore visits after you use 4.

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

Johnny Mac Posted:

Lol not likely. And where the **** did $50 come from?

I think that’s what everything adds up to, and of course Falconfour was to busy complaining to relise that you don’t need all that stuff and without it you would get the same game (exept of cheats).

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

It costs $10 for ep2 if you can’t afford it **** off/more lol u broke

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

JioCaged Posted:

I think that’s what everything adds up to, and of course Falconfour was to busy complaining to relise that you don’t need all that stuff and without it you would get the same game (exept of cheats).

I still haven’t been able to try out all the clbumes, hell I’ve only been able to try out a troll and a hacker so far (hacker is lulzier, but troll gets the job done quicker since it’s what the whole damn game is based on). Therefore, there’s a good chunk of the game I haven’t been able to play, and forums I don’t have access to, because I don’t have the BP to buy an alt for a different clbum.

Each character is the ridiculously overpriced price tag of 3bp, so:

Troll: 0bp (start with one character)

Hacker: 3bp

Camwhore: 3bp

Emo Kid: 3bp

Permanoob: 3bp

Ep. 2 access: 7bp

Total: 19bp to enjoy the whole game

To enjoy it without limitations, “shoot your wad” for 2bp each character – although this removes half the functionality of the game (the multiplayer, like dom… ), which IMO is a ****ing ridiculous way of handling things, but 2bp for each character = 10bp = now 29bp total.

There is no 30bp option (only 20 or 45, as OP said), so you’d buy 45bp for fiddy dollaz.

FWZ costs $50 to fully utilize as a properly purchased, fully “unlocked” game.

edit: GOD DAMNIT EVIL TROUT, FIX THE ****ING WINK SMILEY BUG

FalconFour edited this message on 12/07/2008 6:01PM

learn to ****ing spel

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!