Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant ****ty ideas of the week

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

man-man Posted:

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS EVERYTHING IS BLINKING

Seriously… I’m looking at the “submit a logo” page right now, and pretty much all of the text from the bottom of the forum description onwards is blinking. On the main pages there’s stuff blinking seemingly at random, it’s a crazy blinkfest.

Which is cool ‘n all, but it makes clicking on the blinking links a little more difficult than normal since they won’t register as clicked if they were in the middle of a blink when you click.

Seriously though, that’s the problem that plague blink and marquee tags. Any links placed inside those tags are, in Wikipedia words, “notoriously difficult to click, and can easily frustrate users.” And yet people still continue to do it…

Fran Posted:

This whole blinking and marquee stuff got me inspired Log in to see images! I can’t wait to see the fruits of your inspiration.

With the materials you’re inspired by, I believe they will turn out to be poisonous fruits, though.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

ahahahha, good work breaking forumbuildr.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Heh, the credits page was broken as well. It is now fixed.

That was a fun week. I gave everything I had into that concept, and some of them scored nicely. Also I was very glad to see people sent their ideas in. They really bring back fond memories of the earlier days of the web. Damn, I feel old again. Log in to see images!

One thing I regret though, is my failure to submit my forum logo on time to make a difference. Although I have experience with Photoshop, I have no image editing program on this computer of mine, other than Paint and ACD See. Log in to see images!. I had to learn it, and then made the most stereotypically bad Web 1.0 design I can think of. Well, I did that, and submitted it two hours before the deadline, gathering 3 upvotes. I wonder what would happen if I was more prepared. I went back to make an nausea-induced animated version and post it on discussion, again on the last day, with twelve hours left (when you had limited time, scope creep didn’t help either) but it also failed to gather enough votes.

Anyway, because I don’t want it to go to waste, and because I’m so damn proud of my work Log in to see images!, I’m posting it here:

Animated version!

This is the static version. For the animated one, click on the link. I should warn you though, if you are prone to epilepsy, don’t click it, or at least don’t look at it for too long. Heck, I myself felt a little bit sick staring at it. The reason I don’t post it here is because I don’t want the mods to think I’m trolling and ban me. It’s not a really flashing image or anything, but a representation of bad web design, consisting of <blink> tag, <marquee> tag, and animated gifs that was so common during the Web 1.0 era. It’s not intentionally harmful, but bad design tends to have that side effect.

P.S. Why does it gets difficulty level of 6 anyway? Come on! We’re talking about angry old veterans here!

P.P.S. On the other hand, I might have answered my own question with that…

Kittysan edited this message on 08/23/2009 1:40PM

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Looking through the itembuildr stuff for today…

Most of the pictures don’t work so well on the small size, that’s always annoying since it’s probably seen more often than the full size copy.

Someone doesn’t know their leaves; “Ivy Leaves: The first person who wore this sexy leaf was thrown out of paradice for eating an apple”. But bumuming we’re both thinking of Adam and Eve, that would have been fig leaves.

“Well-Placed Stickers” sounds very familiar… hell, even the item stats are pretty similar to “Strategically Placed Band-aids”.

The rest is OK I guess, I’m done nitpicking for now.

Thunder Scro-
tum

[Disco Galactica]

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

OMGNEEDSDESU Posted:

Hey, hey, **** you.Log in to see images!

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

man-man Posted:

Looking through the itembuildr stuff for today…

I thought this thread is about Forumbuildr. Still, anyone notice that recent Itembuildr tattoos have VERY SIMILAR STATS? What the heck is that? Only different stats are Max Tears and tattoo prices. Why do we need more than one tattoo with +6 Attack and Defense anyway?

On the Forumbuildr front, we have two ideas that were ignored and voted down for a long time coming up, with less than fifteen total votes. What does that speak of their qualities? Where are all the good ideas when we need them? Submitters of those ideas probably give up after a few months of close defeat, leaving us with those… things.

I downvoted both of the “winning candidates.” But if I have to choose, I wish Alliance of the Apathetic win. Because the Hemp one is just… Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

man-man Posted:

Someone doesn’t know their leaves; “Ivy Leaves: The first person who wore this sexy leaf was thrown out of paradice for eating an apple”. But bumuming we’re both thinking of Adam and Eve, that would have been fig leaves.

If you really wanted to be picky, you’d have noted that it wasn’t an apple that was eaten, but a pomegranate. Log in to see images!

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

mterek Posted:

If you really wanted to be picky, you’d have noted that it wasn’t an apple that was eaten, but a pomegranate. Log in to see images!

I though it was an unspecified fruit, but that “apple” was also a generic word for fruit when it was translated…

Pomegranate would be harking back to the Greek myth about Demeter’s daughter, Persephone, spending some time in the underworld and getting tricked into eating some pomegranate seeds. Having eaten in the underworld she then had to spent x months of the year there (x = number of seeds she ate, and varies between different tellings of the story).

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

Don’t know if anyone has noticed but there seems to be some common belief that apathy is laziness. Well, it isn’t. I was glad to see at least one typical post submission point this out. Log in to see images!

I’m also disappointed that Major League Beer-Pong is winning over The Ouija Board.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

This one?

According to Wikipedia:
In positive psychology, apathy is described as a response to an easy challenge for which the subject has matched skills.

Well, it’s mine. I started by searching what Apathy is about, and take this picture and add it as my first typical post. At this point it looks like this one is not going to win, despite the fact I posted it earlier last week. So I guess it’s okay to make my claim here.

Oh, and you might be happy to know that Major League Beerpong was blasted down, replaced with League of Amateur Action Heroes (Who Wants To Be A Superhero parody? How can you parody what’s already a parody?) It is good for me too, because I don’t know what Beerpong is. And no Wikipedia research is going to inspire me enough to submit quality items on this topic. Log in to see images! Kittysan edited this message on 08/30/2009 11:56AM

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Hmm, perhaps Bashy was a bit hasty with the thread description and title of his last forum. Is it Alliance of the Apathetic, or bumociation of the Apathetic? Perhaps the description can still be edited by Crotch Zombie at this point?

Also, I think we’ve hit a new low for forum quality. Log in to see images! mterek edited this message on 08/30/2009 10:29PM

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

mterek Posted:

Also, I think we’ve hit a new low for forums quality. Log in to see images!

I know. Major League BeerPong went from -2 to 5 while the other ones like fine upstanding member of society went from like 7 to 2.

If your talking about Fran is Fat, then that isn’t klan based, it’s popularity based Log in to see images! Skyman747 edited this message on 08/30/2009 10:01PM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

fran hasn’t been a key member of the community or even popular for a long time

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Skyman747 Posted:

If your talking about Fran is Fat, then that isn’t klan based, it’s popularity based Log in to see images!

This post was several times more accurate before it was edited.

Just sayin’

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

FalconFour Posted:

No, really, I’m already going gaga over all the fun I’m going to have (not to mention the flood of legitimate chocolate, and the epeens) with delving into the depths of my ridiculously specific fetish imagination, and submitting all the little things that get me off, for people to lul at as if they were just some random internet mockery.

I should be an NPC.

Funny how that wish got granted.

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

That is indeed very funny!

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

It really is. He asked to be a NPC and he got it… except he’s no longer a PC. It’s straight from the twilight zone.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Sheesh, we have ourselves ****ty idea of the week. How could something nonsensical like that win, especially when there were only 8 hours left or so?

Way to abuse democracy, guys. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Kittysan Posted:

Sheesh, we have ourselves ****ty idea of the week. How could something nonsensical like that win, especially when there were only 8 hours left or so?

Fran said somewhere that at that point, the highest-voted build was at 3, so she saw a chance to win.

Maybe — and only maybe, I’m not decided on this but am throwing it out for discussion — we shouldn’t be able to create new forums after Thursday or Friday.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

MC Banhammer Posted:

Fran said somewhere that at that point, the highest-voted build was at 3, so she saw a chance to win.

Maybe — and only maybe, I’m not decided on this but am throwing it out for discussion — we shouldn’t be able to create new forums after Thursday or Friday.

there’s a lot of things that need to change with forum submissions. This is really only the tip of the iceberg.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!