Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant ****ty ideas of the week

Zebulun284

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

StarkJade Posted:

Weighted votes would solve this problem…

I actually like this idea. I’m guessing you mean weighting votes by builder score. It’s not hard to get a builder score of 5 or 10 in just a few weeks if you have a pretty good grasp of grammar and humor – and if you do, you’ll probably upvote the best ideas.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Zebulun284 Posted:

I actually like this idea. I’m guessing you mean weighting votes by builder score. It’s not hard to get a builder score of 5 or 10 in just a few weeks if you have a pretty good grasp of grammar and humor – and if you do, you’ll probably upvote the best ideas.

Really?

I think it’s no guarantee that the people with high buildr score will vote seriously/objectively. They play to win afterall.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Inertia Posted:

Really?

I think it’s no guarantee that the people with high buildr score will vote seriously/objectively. They play to win afterall.

Not to mention that I personally have a hard time caring after voting week after week after week.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I would definitely upvote whatever forum people are whining about the most. Actually, that’s fun to do already.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

What Inertia and Fort said

Really, just like the whole “flamebate sucks now” problem, the only true solution is good people with good ideas. With buildr it takes creative submissions and a community that will appreciate it enough to upvote it because they like it.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

hey any ascii art i submitted won’t turn out as it should thanks to some gay rule

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

This one actually won?

D:

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

More proof that both Buildrs need a serious overhaul. That’s quite possibly the worst idea we’ve had yet. With the exception of Rule 34.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

really? i didn’t think it was that bad

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

We need more competition. I think only maybe 3-5 people, total, submitted forums last week.

It’s sort of ironic that, six months ago, people were complaining about there being too many forum ideas to look through. The results? “All the forums suck.”

Lately, there have been perhaps 5 pages of forums, total, even without any downvoting problems. The quality, originality, and funniness factor has declined noticeably, in my opinion.

Of course, some people will always say that the winning forums “suck” depending on whose they are… but the general idea that more competition and choice benefits all stands unbumailable, so please, for the love of ****, write some forum ideas and submit them every week.

Thunder Scro-
tum

[Disco Galactica]

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Hypnotism glbumes and spy camera glbumes getting votes in spite of being out-of-style. Requires down vote, pronto.

Lady_Gaga

Avatar: 93840 2010-02-07 01:11:33 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Thunder Scrotum Posted:

Hypnotism glbumes and spy camera glbumes getting votes in spite of being out-of-style. Requires down vote, pronto.

Hey, hey, **** you.Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bashy Posted:

We need more competition. I think only maybe 3-5 people, total, submitted forums last week.

It’s sort of ironic that, six months ago, people were complaining about there being too many forum ideas to look through. The results? “All the forums suck.”

Lately, there have been perhaps 5 pages of forums, total, even without any downvoting problems. The quality, originality, and funniness factor has declined noticeably, in my opinion.

Of course, some people will always say that the winning forums “suck” depending on whose they are… but the general idea that more competition and choice benefits all stands unbumailable, so please, for the love of ****, write some forum ideas and submit them every week.

It’s not a competition issue, but a problem of adverse selection. In general, the people voting are going to going to be opposed to anything that doesn’t make them laugh, which basically means to get votes one has to either submit the same thing for weeks on end and hope it flies eventually or rely on clichés like memes, sex jokes or religious bashing. The standard internet troll-bait fare.

There’s an entry up there this week I really like called for Web 1.0 Veterans, which I hope wins. I’ve voted for it every week and had enough time to prepare a bunch of good ideas for it. No offense, but your recent wins weren’t as good as that one, but they had broader appeal. And the ASCII one was rejected two weeks ago, so it had less appeal than the personality and rage forums which came before them.

It’s really horrible that for this week’s itembuildr submission, the most popular entries are virtual dupes of preexisting tattoos, with the more original ones wallowing in second tier.

Blu3Schnauzer

Avatar: 16117 Sun Feb 22 17:55:30 -0500 2009

[Fetal Alcohol Pupp-
ets
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

You’ll be happy, then…Web 1.0 won. I think I’m going to have fun with this one. I went to do some research courtesy of the Wayback Machine and forgot how horrifically ****ty the internet was back then. Even professionally designed websites for major corporations look like someone knew maybe three html tags, threw something together to get paid, and that was it.

I am somewhat bemused by the fact that I keep submitting forum ideas, and even with the low numbers ForumBuildr is getting, I still can’t get one of mine to win. I am forever destined to be lacking that one e-peen that will complete my precious peen collection. Ah well…c’est la peen.

At least thinking of ideas helps keep me awake at my godawful job.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

What is that weird thing that’s going on in the forum description can someone explain what that is?

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think it’s because Web 1.0 Veteran’s description had a marquee tag in it, and that old script is doing funny things to Forumbuildr’s interface.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

Hey! My idea has been finally selected! Log in to see images!

I have to admit though, I am an old-fashioned Web 1.0 Veterans myself. I know how to write simple HTML and basic CSS (and Wiki, but that’s in Web 2.0 territory.) And I still think that people who can write them by hands rule (blame Joe Barta’s excellent guide to HTML for that one.) Thus, I never learn to use web development software, always choosing to go with Notepad. I self-taught by looking at other people’s codes, and edit/steal them when necessary. I also agree completely with Jakob Nielsen’s usability principles, which basically says too many fancy images, videos, and gimmicks suck. And minimalist, workable web pages are the best.

And of course, I have GeoCities account, although it is more likely a deposit for pages and files rather than a real site (heck, I never write a home page for it!) And when Yahoo! Log in to see images! And I hope you guys have fun ridiculing them as well.

Okay, enough ranting. Damn, I’m old. Log in to see images!

And yeah, the <blink> and <marquee> tags I put in the description causes very weird effects on ForumBuildr. I never expect that before. Looks like Log in to see images! Too bad they can’t be used in typical posts and angry replies (or can they?) because that would open up a lot of fun possibilities.

P.S. For causing ForumBuilder to go nuts with blinking and scrolling text, can I have the Haxploitation E-peen? Log in to see images! Kittysan edited this message on 08/10/2009 4:20AM

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS EVERYTHING IS BLINKING

Seriously… I’m looking at the “submit a logo” page right now, and pretty much all of the text from the bottom of the forum description onwards is blinking. On the main pages there’s stuff blinking seemingly at random, it’s a crazy blinkfest.

Which is cool ‘n all, but it makes clicking on the blinking links a little more difficult than normal since they won’t register as clicked if they were in the middle of a blink when you click.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

This whole blinking and marquee stuff got me inspired Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Bashy Posted:

Just noticed this.

In truth, I think your (extremly lengthy) winning streak has people frustrated enough that many don’t bother entering any more. I think it would first take a few weeks of you not winning, and then a dramatic uptick in activity in buildr. So I guess my point is, I’m not sure. Those of us with high buildr scores eat so many entries and win so much, I think a lot of people feel it’s not even worth entering.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!