Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion God doesn't exist you fools.

Patch The Da-
rknut

Avatar: 57089 Sat Jan 10 17:36:45 -0500 2009

Level 23 Emo Kid

In a sad way Raepdog misses you... Oh gay friend.. oh I love the gays..

generichaxor Posted:

1. deities are made up to explain things that science isn’t currently capable of explaining, like gravity, or where the first matter came from

2. people say that god made life and the earth

Earth is about 4.6 billion years old, and the first life on Earth appeared about 3.5 billion years ago. According to the Bible, the so-called god created both within a six day time span.

4.6 billion – 3.5 billion = 1.1 billion years that the Earth was around without life

1.1 billion years is over 66,916,666,666 times longer than 6 days

thus, its pretty safe to bumume that the story about god creating the world is complete lies

It’s also pretty ****ing selfish. I mean, come on. We’ve been here for pretty much no time at all. And then we have the balls to say OH LOL WE’RE GOD’S CHOSEN RACE LOLOLOLOL?

Edit: Not saying YOU’RE selfish, I’m saying that the people who think god chose them as the chosen race are selfish. Just for clarification.

Patch The Darknut edited this message on 12/07/2008 3:06PM

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

“The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms – this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness…

...I can’t answer with a simple yes or no. I’m not an atheist and I don’t think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see a universe marvellously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations.”

Einstein, subtlety of thought.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Lord Shplane Posted:

People argue against Christianity because there’s more of it on the internet and it’s more vocal, like the one guy up there said.

Also because it’s violent, sexist, racist, and bat**** insane, causing nearly as many social ills as Islam does in the middle east and other poorer sections of the world, and would likely cause MORE if it became fully integrated with our government.

It’s not as bad as Scientology tho. At least THAT isn’t the prevailing world-religion.

Quoted so it’ll be on this page and people will see it.

shrtcat

Avatar: 79911 Sat Nov 15 22:45:44 -0500 2008

Level 25 Emo Kid

Posting from inside JB's bumhole

Godisimaginary.com doesn’t just talk about Christian gods.

Infact, there’s a few proofs (I think one is called “Realise that a God is impossible” or something like that) and there’s another called “think about how many gods you reject”.

Anyways. Good thread, imo.

ArtificialFl-
avour

Level 41 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

Argh, I didn’t see this was a non-RP forum.

Anyway, I think that gods exist in the same sense that Harry Potter does.

ArtificialFlavour edited this message on 12/07/2008 3:15PM

shrtcat

Level 25 Emo Kid

ArtificialFlavour Posted:

Teal dear.

wut?

shrtcat edited this message on 12/07/2008 3:13PM

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

This generation’s atheistic zealots are no better than past generations of Catholics/Christians/etc. None of you have changed the formula at all, you’ve just replaced “God” with “SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH” and proceeded to call the other side names.

Honestly, people are still using the 6 day creation story as a talking point about the validity of the Bible? Biblical scholars have hammered this issue out centuries ago. The “edge” on your anti-God arguments are dulling, and pretty soon just saying “lol bible” isn’t going to pbum as intelligent discourse anymore.

P.S. yes, many Christians are bat**** insane and believe in fairy tales, but to say that faith and intelligence are mutually exclusive is ridiculous.

shrtcat

Level 25 Emo Kid

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

This generation’s atheistic zealots are no better than past generations of Catholics/Christians/etc. None of you have changed the formula at all, you’ve just replaced “God” with “SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH” and proceeded to call the other side names.

Honestly, people are still using the 6 day creation story as a talking point about the validity of the Bible? Biblical scholars have hammered this issue out centuries ago. The “edge” on your anti-God arguments are dulling, and pretty soon just saying “lol bible” isn’t going to pbum as intelligent discourse anymore.

P.S. yes, many Christians are bat**** insane and believe in fairy tales, but to say that faith and intelligence are mutually exclusive is ridiculous.

Actually take time to read at least 10 proofs of www.godisimaginary.com plz.

The Raven

Avatar: 93088 Thu Jan 01 19:28:12 -0500 2009

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

ITT both sides getting trolled.

The Fifth Ho-
rseman

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I fully agree. I’m not an Atheist, but I have gone through too much crap to beleive in him. I think there’s a possibility of his existence, but he just doesn’t work for me. The Log in to see images!, however, DO.

For trolling:Log in to see images!

Snickkers

Avatar: 91933 Tue Jan 20 01:33:39 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It’s very obvious God doesn’t exist, Christians are delusional, close-minded people.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Sir, science is as close as you can get to fact. Please provide a coherent argument instead of flaming people who disagree with you. The burden of proof rests on people who claim there is a deity who orchestrates the world to his command.

shrtcat

Level 25 Emo Kid

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Sir, science is as close as you can get to fact. Please provide a coherent argument instead of flaming people who disagree with you. The burden of proof rests on people who claim there is a deity who orchestrates the world to his command.

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

shrtcat

Level 25 Emo Kid

Snickkers Posted:

It’s very obvious God doesn’t exist, Christians are delusional, close-minded people.

I wouldn’t say that all Christians are like this. There are a few, yes.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

shrtcat Posted:

I wouldn’t say that all Christians are like this. There are a few, yes.

Yeah. The emotional appeal of a god is incredible. Some people have a need to feel like there is some sort of master plan to the universe. They can accept the irrational concept of religion while remaining logical individuals elsewhere.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

shrtcat Posted:

Actually take time to read at least 10 proofs of www.godisimaginary.com plz.

How bout I take multiple religious studies courses at a top-rank University instead. Not for the sake of proving any one side right, but to understand the whole concept better. No, you’re right, I should read a fundamental atheist website instead.

DarkDespair5 Posted:

I’m not flaming the debate, nor any side of it. What I have a problem with is how this debate, among lesser and more gullible minds, has basically become a “who’s local sports team is better” debate. There is nothing new or progressive about the current generations proclivity toward atheism; it’s simply past generations acceptance of religion with a different wig.

Less generally, science of course as close as we are going to get to fact. I honestly am in awe over how much we as a species have “figured out”. What completely blows my mind is how much we don’t know. To think of ourselves as this great and knowledgeable species is the height of folly. We know such an insignificant amount that any pride we might feel should instantly be met with a truckload of humble.

Lol burden of proof in God arguement.

Edit: i got to use a semi-colon!

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 12/07/2008 3:45PM

shrtcat

Level 25 Emo Kid

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

How bout I take multiple religious studies courses at a top-rank University instead. Not for the sake of proving any one side right, but to understand the whole concept better. No, you’re right, I should read a fundamental atheist website instead.

Yup, that’s what you should do alright.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

This isn’t the middle ages. It’s not even the 1950’s. Someone’s faith isn’t going to impede your life, so if you truly believe there is no God then don’t believe and move on. If this is simply a ploy to “wake people up” or whatever you’re exactly the same as every evangelical out there.

I’ve found that the people most comfortable and sound in their beliefs, whether Christian, atheist, Muslim, Jewish etc, are the ones that don’t feel the need to try and disprove each other. It’s the ones that are all “fire and brimstone” or “you’re an idiot for believing” that are the most riddled with doubt.

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Just because you don’t have proof something exists doesn’t mean it doesn’t. Epic. Morons.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

And yet lack of evidence where evidence is expected is evidence of lack.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!