Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Animu "Sailor Moon V * Dark Adventures", The longest fanfic ever.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

As a direct result of OCD, boredom, a sudden bout of masochism, and the desire to make an bum out of myself, I read this fanfic.

You might think “Oh, it’s a fanfic. Of course it’s long, those ****ers never stop writing.”, but you would be dangerously underestimating how long this thing actually is. King Krimson bemoaned how “My Immortal” never ****ing ends, but the 44 published chapters of that weigh in at only 124,772B. ( http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/index.htm )

Putting things in perspective, “War and Peace” weighs in at 3,285,165B. ( http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2600 )

That makes “War and Peace” 26.33 times longer than “My Immortal”. While I’ll concede that the ****ty writing of “My Immortal” makes it seem like it never ends, it’s actually pretty damn short.

I mean, if you use the standard metric of a page of text being 2KB, then “My Immortal” is only about 61 pages long while War and Peace is 1,605 pages long.

“Sailor Moon V * Dark Adventures”, however, is 9,347,688B ( http://www.sailormoonv.net/da.htm ). That makes it 2.85 times longer than “War and Peace”, and 74.92 times longer than “My Immortal”, and works out to being 4,565 pages long. The fact that it’s still being written just means that even if you finish what’s there, you’re still not done.

Amazingly it’s also one of the best-written fanfics I’ve ever seen, so I didn’t get the suffering I had come to expect from a Sailor Moon fanfic. That just depresses me.

So, does anybody else wish to say what personal mountains/mountains of **** they climbed just because it’s there?

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 12/06/2008 7:41PM

Lemon Tree

Avatar: 93540 Fri Dec 05 23:57:01 -0500 2008

[The Airship]

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

TL;DR

I’m pretty shocked at how long the first chapter is. For the love of god, 44 pages? Log in to see images!

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

That’s also the second shortest chapter, beating chapter two by one page. From there, it just goes up.

Lemon Tree

Avatar: 93540 Fri Dec 05 23:57:01 -0500 2008

[The Airship]

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

That’s also the second shortest chapter, beating chapter two by one page. From there, it just goes up.

Holy ****. I’m impressed at the writer’s perseverance. Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

The irony is OP’s post is also tldr

although not dr, just tl… Log in to see images! Inertia edited this message on 12/06/2008 9:10PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!