Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Will FW players ever be able to create & donate new Enemy avatars?

Britpoptarts

Avatar: 28416 Thu Oct 30 23:16:06 -0400 2008

[Fighting bumolinos]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I think the player-based forum creation tool, Forumbuilder, is a fun idea. The one area folks don’t seem to be able to contribute is avatar images.

Will we ever be able to offer avatars to the game? After you get to a certain level, you’ve seen the same small number of images quite often. I’m guessing there may be a copyright issue, or it is impractical to code that feature in, or something similarly logical.

Just curious.

There are a lot of witty, clever FW regulars, and I’m pretty sure we’d be greatly amused by the avatars they created. Most of the BP-purchased personal FW player avatars in Flamebate are also hilarz. MOAR LULZ PLZ!

I was also wondering why topic icons for forums aren’t submitted in batches of three, so the selected icons are consistent in design. I noticed that in the new Fakebook forum, two icons are similar in design, and the third, which is equally amusing, is nevertheless drastically different.

If I am being Slowpoke and asking already discussed questions, I apologize; I DID do a forum search and didn’t spot a topic covering them. Log in to see images!

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

If CZ takes care of the av’s themselves, then they can be bumured that there are no copyright/trademark/ownership issues which will pop up from their use of them. If they let us crazy-bum FW users submit them, they can’t be 100% sure that what we’re submitting to them is actually okay and legal for them to use. Even those of us who were well-meaning might unknowingly **** something up and get CZ in trouble.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

It was discussed before and if I remember correctly, it could become available. Maybe you would have to add a link to the free image. Looking forward to it

Britpoptarts

Avatar: 28416 Thu Oct 30 23:16:06 -0400 2008

[Fighting bumolinos]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

That makes sense.

Of course, if you take your own photo or create your own art image, there might not be a link to a free file. :/

If there are known “copyright free” image repositories, that may be how it would have to be done—Forum Warriors wouldn’t be able to submit anything they made from scratch, but could link to the source file(s) on the “copyright free” website(s).

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!