Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ [CLOSED] The Official Forumwarz Episode 1 FAQ

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Richard_Nixon Posted:

1- Do Luck and Charisma add up when randomizing deliveries? Example: will a character with Charisma 10 and Luck 10 receive a better delivery than a character with Charisma 10 and Luck 2?

2- Luck and Charisma have the same effect on deliveries. But afaik Luck improves chanches to get better .moar files as well. So: is Luck better than Charisma?

3- Forumbuildr v2.0 BETA: with my brownie points I purchased 2 more characters; if I win a forumbuildr contest, which one of my 3 characters will get the flezz reward?

Understand first that the details of the specifics of how deliveries are calculated are unknown at this point. With that in mind, we have found that:

1) Junk is seemingly divided into brackets. That is, a certain range of cred will give you a delivery from a certain bracket, another range from another bracket, etc. Charisma seems to affect the number of brackets you’ll receive rewards from, while Luck seems to affect which particular reward you receive from a given bracket, with a higher luck yielding a better reward. At least, this is the theory.

2) Luck is better for pwning forums, as Charisma has no bearing on receiving .moar files. It’s personal taste what you want to use at rollover, but I personally believe 1-for-1, Charisma is better.

Please note that this thread is not the place to discuss Luck vs. Charisma in further detail. There are other threads where this is discussed so please search for those for follow-up questions.

3) Your rewards for Forumbuildr are given to the character you’re logged in as while making the submission.

Nedol Umosh

[LOTB]

Level 19 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

I’m sorta new around here and I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post these questions, but after scanning through the wiki and the forums in the “flamebate” section (using ctrl+F to try to find my answer) I’m not sure where else to ask…

What exactly are “BP” and what are they used for? I see people’s ads all the time in-game about giving away BPs if people do certain things, but nobody ever explains what they actually are. I asked about BP in the “internet delay chat”, and was told I should buy some (which didn’t answer my question about what they are, just that I apparently should want them). Which in-game store sells them? How much flezz does one have to pay for them? How far into the game do I need to be in order to unlock that store?

I was also told in the chat that BPs are given away to the most active players every day. I explained that for the past 3-4 days I’ve been logged into this game, even when I had no more forum visits left… but was then told that being logged in doesn’t count. So how does it work? “Active playing” is just the forum attacks? If so then here’s my next question: if everyone in the game only has 4 forum visits per day, then how in the world can anyone be considered “most active”? It’s a level playing field, unless other things are considered. How exactly is it determined? Also, are there any other ways to get BP that I haven’t seen/noticed yet?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

BP are Brownie Points. See the Support Us! tab.

Nedol Umosh Posted:

I was also told in the chat that BPs are given away to the most active players every day.

You were trolled, son. For facts, I suggest you avoid IDC and come directly to Game Discussion (or one of the other non-RP forums) on Flamebate.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 01/20/2009 11:48AM

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

I’m trying to add the NPC Fr4gGingR1teZ (just in case that counts as a spoiler) to my friends list. Clicking the ‘Add as Friend’ bumon doesn’t seem to have any effect whatsoever, though. Am I doing something completely wrong or is this a bug?

Using Firefox 2, if that affects anything. Also pre-emptive apologies if this is in the wrong place.

adorkable

[gurls r00l boyz dr-
00l
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Q: Am I special?
A: No, son.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

BloodyDemise Posted:

I’m trying to add the NPC Fr4gGingR1teZ (just in case that counts as a spoiler) to my friends list. Clicking the ‘Add as Friend’ bumon doesn’t seem to have any effect whatsoever, though. Am I doing something completely wrong or is this a bug?

Using Firefox 2, if that affects anything. Also pre-emptive apologies if this is in the wrong place.

You don’t add him, he adds you. Check your Friends subtab.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Nedol Umosh Posted:

I’m sorta new around here and I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post these questions, but after scanning through the wiki and the forums in the “flamebate” section (using ctrl+F to try to find my answer) I’m not sure where else to ask…

What exactly are “BP” and what are they used for? I see people’s ads all the time in-game about giving away BPs if people do certain things, but nobody ever explains what they actually are. I asked about BP in the “internet delay chat”, and was told I should buy some (which didn’t answer my question about what they are, just that I apparently should want them). Which in-game store sells them? How much flezz does one have to pay for them? How far into the game do I need to be in order to unlock that store?

I was also told in the chat that BPs are given away to the most active players every day. I explained that for the past 3-4 days I’ve been logged into this game, even when I had no more forum visits left… but was then told that being logged in doesn’t count. So how does it work? “Active playing” is just the forum attacks? If so then here’s my next question: if everyone in the game only has 4 forum visits per day, then how in the world can anyone be considered “most active”? It’s a level playing field, unless other things are considered. How exactly is it determined? Also, are there any other ways to get BP that I haven’t seen/noticed yet?

You definitely picked the wrong clbum.

Big Brother was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Big Brother edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Big Brother Posted:

You definitely picked the wrong clbum.

You definitely picked the wrong forum to troll in.

Also, new Q added re: Why didn’t I get my Paypal-bought BP yet?

A: If you paid by echeque on Paypal (the default behavior for bank transfers), the money has to clear before we send out the Brownie Points. When the echeque clears, the BP will be automatically given out. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

Ohmiya_SK

[WeChall]

Level 41 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

Wow ok I feel like a noob Log in to see images!

joanagotfing-
ered

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

about the “how do i make the story go question”: there is no entry for what rivet told me about in my missions tab, although i distinctly remember being given several notifications while having a conversation with him (which, i bumumed, being too busy tor read his damned dialog, were the bookmark for the forum and the new mission entry). no bookmark, no mission entry. and it’s been a day since. :|

and no, i can’t sTalk anyone. and yes, i’ve already deployed far more than 8 xss, although not all of them (there’s the emo and death metal forums left).

le: right. so the question: when and where the **** should i expect the last mission to appear in my mission tab? and what should i do, considering what i said i already did, to get it there?

lle: nevermind. Log in to see images!

llle: just noticed the reply below. oh. Log in to see images! joanagotfingered edited this message on 02/03/2009 4:46PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

joanagotfingered Posted:

about the “how do i make the story go question”: there is no entry for what rivet told me about in my missions tab, although i distinctly remember being given several notifications while having a conversation with him (which, i bumumed, being too busy tor read his damned dialog, were the bookmark for the forum and the new mission entry). no bookmark, no mission entry. and it’s been a day since. :|

and no, i can’t sTalk anyone. and yes, i’ve already deployed far more than 8 xss, although not all of them (there’s the emo and death metal forums left).

le: right. so the question: when and where the **** should i expect the last mission to appear in my mission tab? and what should i do, considering what i said i already did, to get it there?

Turns out this was a bug introduced yesterday, and ET resolved it this morning.

Some people will have gotten duplicate notifications, but that’s better than some people getting none.

pooperscooper

Level 16 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

yo my account is suuspended by jolienet. what the **** do i have to do so i can get unsuspended by jolienet

BOOMER-CODE

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

pooperscooper Posted:

yo my account is suuspended by jolienet. what the **** do i have to do so i can get unsuspended by jolienet

It’s in the ep2 FAQ but really needs to be added to the Ep1 FAQ and posted in its own sticky thread because you’re like the third person today to ask that. =\

Chucks AVATAR

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

I need help with my story. I’m a level 18 hacker but i still have not triggered the anonymous scene yet, with my other charter i have at level 18. I clearred the cat chan 2 forums. What do i do to get the story moveing? (also if it helps i have the my little pwny mission.) Pleas help im at the roof and it’s board grinding. >>

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Updated with info on the transition from Ep1 to Ep2. Hopefully that’ll stop a bunch of the frequently asked quest— oh yeah, huh.

Chucks AVATAR Posted:

An Episode 2 question

That’s an Ep 2 question, please bring it to the Ep 2 forum AFTER trying everything in “How do I make the story go?” above and using the Ep2 FAQ.

joanagotfing-
ered

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

i can’t find the episode 2 faq. Log in to see images!

le: it was reALLY HARD TO FIND IT ANYWAYS.link next time.

joanagotfingered edited this message on 02/04/2009 2:14AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

joanagotfingered Posted:

i can’t find the episode 2 faq. Log in to see images!

le: it was reALLY HARD TO FIND IT ANYWAYS.link next time.

??? It’s linked in both places I reference it in the OP.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Closing FAQ, we have a knowledgebase now.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!