Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Suggestion: Player vs. Player

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

I don’t know why, but I always had in mind that Crotch Zombie simply did not want to have any real Player vs. Player matches in ForumWarz. I think that time has come to ask: Why? Log in to see images! What are the reasons for not having a real multiplayer?

Well… after all, ForumWarz has a gameplay that would allow Player vs. Player interaction easily. You have your health points, you have your attacks, you have your items (which would have to be limited of course). There is absolutely no reason why it would not be possible to fight Player vs. Player. Of course, it doesn’t fit too well into the theme of the game, but you even had a boss thread with Log in to see images!Snake, so I suppose that it would not be too unlogical that there are threads used by two players to fight each other.

One thing is for sure: You’d have to go through a hell lot of balancing issues and it would take a lot of time to implement a PvP system without flaws and bugs. But if you ask me, it would definitely be worth it. As many people would agree to me, ForumWarz doesn’t offer too much for endgame people (Domination sucks because Board of Directors is undefeatable Log in to see images!) and after all, I don’t even really see the point to try to find the best possible setup and equipment for your character because it doesn’t matter for any competitive aspects anyway (getting 3 lemon scoops is not that difficult). In my opinion, having PvP would make the game much more valuable and I really doubt that it would be that difficult to implement it – ForumWarz is a round-based game after all.

I guess that CZ was already faced with several suggestions like this one and has quite some reasons for not trying to add PvP… but I’d at least like to know these reasons. Log in to see images! FalCoN edited this message on 12/02/2008 8:29PM

kemix

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

yeaaaa…no, it just doesn’t fit into the theme of the game, i’m fine with the crap multiplayer we have now, unless ET really wanted to see a PvP kind of thing, I don’t think we’ll see PvP any time in the far future, if at all.

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/18451

Covers PvP in a way that would fit in with the FW theme.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!