Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 The First Wave of Farmers

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Almost all games have farmers people that work for game currency or items, for real monies. Because of FW’s closed economy these farmers don’t exist but with the advent of a .moar trading system we will see the first of them. It should run down like this.

First Wave: Farmer Alts, the accidental character subclbum, these alts grind for parts of things like Pink Floyd, trading them to a main alt so it does not have to leave dom. Thats what I’m doing right now, hell even if you cant trade I still get the file. If you can trade it for flezz, farmer alts will do it for that, flezz whores will pay big bucks for alts to keep that leaderboard position.

Second Wave: Plain old farmers, they will come after ForumWarz gets a but more popular, especially if it is mentioned and becomes relatively mainstream. These will be people that do the task of pwning for .moars to make pocket change. Most will do it for a hobby, one or two will claim to make a living eating ramen off of it.

Third Wave: The Chinese, endless characters and illegal multis with Chinese character names or engrish names pwning day in and out for a living. Look for characters with just luck, and offense.

Now this also depends on if cheater accounts can trade. Then all cheaters would just get thousands of visits and automated programs to get .moars and sell them. This would act on a catylist to the situation.

To stop this may be hard, it probably will not happen. Still I say a closed economy and simple game style is what makes ForumWarz awesome. One way to stop it would be to make you only able to trade one .moar part for another part of the same file.

Probably wont happen. The First Wave, yes, he have at least one man doing it. The Second Wave? We will have one hobbiest claiming to make decent cash who’s never had a real job and thinks selling t-shirts online is a baller trade. For the Third Wave we can only hope.

Morph3us

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

if a .moar file marketplace’s ever implemented, cheater characters need to be locked the **** out of it

Raepdog1988

Avatar: 65351 Mon Dec 01 17:36:56 -0500 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 22 Permanoob

“Moron”

Morph3us Posted:

if a .moar file marketplace’s ever implemented, cheater characters need to be locked the **** out of it

Or add a cheater buy option, buy any 100 parts for like 4BP, or even better.. have a cheater marketplace.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

To stop that is simple actually, cheater bugged characters cannot participate in trading. No one if going to do epic farming on 4 visits a day and at 3 BP per alt (plus dedicated grooming time) I don’t see that becoming a problem really.

Kusatsu

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

You’re forgetting one thing though, price of something is determined by supply and demand. The more there is of something the less it’s worth so I dont see why cheater characters should be excluded.

Inego Loxy O-
hearn Vixen -
Eerhart John-
Ian Za Za

Avatar: 94336 Sat Dec 20 04:30:20 -0500 2008

Level 13 Hacker

IM A WORTHLESS PERSON, SEE ME PRETENDING IM PROUD OF IT. PS NICCO IS AWESOME YO

Closed economy is where it’s at, imo. Making an actual economy will make things trickier, and only end in confusement.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I think the Chinese thing won’t happen, as you can’t really transfer wealth to another player, and with limited forum visits per day, by the time they’ve acgreat timesulated considerable wealth they’d likely have already been banned.

Inego Loxy Ohearn Vixen Eerhart John Ian Za Za Posted:

Closed economy is where it’s at, imo. Making an actual economy will make things trickier, and only end in confusement.

Quoting a serious iRAWR post

sgreat timesmyfrog

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Kusatsu Posted:

You’re forgetting one thing though, price of something is determined by supply and demand. The more there is of something the less it’s worth so I dont see why cheater characters should be excluded.

Because cheaters would affect the supply and value. I don’t see what you think we’re missing here…

Holy mammary glands

Avatar: 82154 Wed Dec 10 13:29:59 -0500 2008

[male reproductive organ]

Level 69 Camwhore

( . )( . )

That’s right. I bought an extra 69 visits on my emo (it was already a cheater), just to complete Pink Floyd. I don’t think transferring it to legal alts would be right. Trading among legal characters is a whole different story, but I’m still not convinced if it would be good or not.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Raepdog Posted:

One way to stop it would be to make you only able to trade one .moar part for another part of the same file.

That’s what I think is a good system. You can still have farming alts if you really want them

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!