Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant [CLOSED] Ok, I think I deserve 3bp at this point.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I’ve been trying to help balance the different clbumes in this game, and since I’m just a player that means that I am, unfortunately, limited to making suggestions to the admins and getting people to shut the **** up about why their clbum ‘needs’ to be better.

Re-res and Permanoobs don’t breath one damn word of complaint, since they’ve got their **** together and will happily take any damn thing you throw at them with smiles on their faces.

Of the rest, trolls and camwhores seem to **** the least; trolls because they know they need a nerf right now, and camwhores because they know they NEEDED a nerf.

Until recently Emokids were constantly ****ing because their low-ego damage boost did jack **** to help them speedrun, but they’ve largely quieted down since the forum buff. I hear the occasional grumble about their EQ having too much defense and how they’re the only clbum that can’t use glbumes, but I can’t really argue with them there so I let that slide.

No, the clbum that keeps ****ing me off are those ****ing hackers. They BAAAWWWWW about how they’re not strong enough, and every damn time I get one of them to post their stats I see that they obviously have no ****ing clue what they’re doing. One hacker, for example, whined about how “all other clbumes” have a “300 damage attack” while his best tops out at 210, and not ****ing noticing that hackers can easily get 2x the offense of any other clbum without much stress on their other stats. That’s just ONE, mind you, and not counting the other dozen ****ers who agreed with every word that he said.

A hacker I got to pony-up his stats to compare against my own had 42 offense and 7700 ego at level 22, and had 300PP. WTF would ANYBODY put 88 upgrade points into ego? It doesn’t even make any ****ing sense! What, was he planning to grind through PrayPal without bothering to heal? He’s not the only one who went high-ego/low-offense either.

Another complained about how hackers are unprofitable after showing his stats – he wasn’t too bad, aside from his frugality of 4 and an upkeep of 1.

What’s worse, it seems like every ****ing hacker I talk to thinks that avtr should be the keystone of their strategy. They ignore their strengths and try to bash things like a caveman who just discovered rock- and club-based weaponry, and act like it’s a total ****ing surprise when their 130+ offense doesn’t instantly make the game easymode.

I don’t have *any* alts let alone a hacker, so why is it like I’m the only damn person on flamebate who knows jack **** about playing one?

At this point I think I’ve ****ing EARNED the 3bp I need to get a hacker alt, just so I can use it to go into their ****ty threads and mock them for not knowing having the faintest ****ing clue about what they’re doing.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Considering Sending Bp.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Those hackers are morons, but you should note that in the end, because hackers can equip more stuff, they also can equip weaker stuff. Also, 300 PP is way too little. My hacker has 300 PP and STILL consistently runs out of PP.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Honestly, I’d probably settle for some DECENT hackers coming in here and telling me that I’m just dealing with the very special crust that’s precipitating out from simpletons choosing the clbum without understanding that it actually take a LITTLE thought to be effective.

The Suspender

Avatar: 70366 Mon Dec 29 00:40:55 -0500 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Here, I’ll post my stats (This is Big Brother)

Ego 1050

Proc. Power 325

Character Details

Flezz 9,363

Cred 4050338

Next Level 5130000

Level 24

Secondary Attributes

Offense 26

Defense 13

Luck 25

Frugality 13

Charisma 3

Upkeep 11

Alignment 14% Evil

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

You’ve certainly done well, but ET can’t please all the people all the time.

And all those people happen to have picked Hacker as a clbum.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

BigBrother Posted:

Those hackers are morons, but you should note that in the end, because hackers can equip more stuff, they also can equip weaker stuff. Also, 300 PP is way too little. My hacker has 300 PP and STILL consistently runs out of PP.

MeInAnotherThread Posted:

Don’t wail on avtr (10.5dmg/PP) for your damage dealing needs, instead focus on 404(40dmg/PP), ipz(29.29dmg/PP), flipr (23.75dmg/PP), and bg2(23.33dmg/PP). Hit Poetry every time it refreshes, UNLESS you could hit with Recipes instead.

The high refreshes are a clbum strength. You can pick an attack cycle that intentionally leaves turns open for frequently consuming cheap items for pathetically little total cost without losing any real damage-dealing power. If you pop a Caffinated Mint every 9 turns you’ll be reasonably close to breaking even for PP if you go for efficiently over raw damage. The same goes for healing; three XRs when you don’t REALLY need them cost a third as much as downing a 5-HTP when you DO.

Kilroy Posted:

You’ve certainly done well, but ET can’t please all the people all the time.

And all those people happen to have picked Hacker as a clbum.

Frankly, I don’t care about ET pleasing anybody. Balancing FW is a VERY difficult task, and it’s not made any easier by ****ty players whining about how their clbum doesn’t make up for their lack of skill.

I’m not bugged by one clbum or another complaining about getting shafted, I just want them to be *able* put up a reasonably solid argument to back their claims up.

Take Emo kids getting too much defense from their Eq, for example. That prevents them from taking damage and keeps them from using their clbum strength. There are plenty of ways to boost defense, but it’s counterproductive to make Emo kid equipment one of those ways.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 12/01/2008 9:46PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Double post. Delete or ignore, whatever.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 12/01/2008 9:47PM

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

how do you not have 5 dollars lol

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

It’s less about the money and more about the fact that I’ve been actively contributing to FW. You know those hackers I’ve been ranting about? I didn’t just call them morons and mock them, I actually looked at their builds and told them what they could improve and how, and even suggested improved tactics.

At this point I’m little more than some copypasta and a sticky away from having a hacker how-to guide up on the game discussion board, which I find kinda depressing since so much of the fun in the game is in trying new things to see what works and what doesn’t. Log in to see images!

BaconSupreme

Avatar: 77335 Sat Nov 08 20:57:52 -0500 2008

[The Bacon Stack]

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Those guys were balls-to-the-wall very special. Srsly. Now, I know I haven’t the best build in the world, but it’s worth something:

Ego 825

Proc. Power 290

Offense 109

Defense 70

Luck 50

Frugality 20

Charisma 34

Upkeep 12

SHODAN

Avatar: 56565 Thu Oct 16 09:19:29 -0400 2008

[Citadel]

Level 35 Hacker

Look at you, Hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone.

Hackers do not need Ego at all when they’re past the main game. I basically moved everything to Offense, I think. Everything else should be from equips. Still, my damage went way down when they nerfed us. I didn’t complain because we were overpowered, but many hacker attacks just take longer to execute. That cuts back on lemon scoops for those who care.

Ego   	        235
Proc. Power 	140
Level 	        34
Offense             143
Defense             89
Luck 	        66
Frugality           9
Charisma            30
Upkeep 	        1

SHODAN edited this message on 12/02/2008 4:59AM

Douche Infec-
tion

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

SHODAN Posted:

Hackers do not need Ego at all when they’re past the main game. I basically moved everything to Offense, I think. Everything else should be from equips. Still, my damage went way down when they nerfed us. I didn’t complain because we were overpowered, but many hacker attacks just take longer to execute. That cuts back on lemon scoops for those who care.

Ego   	        235
Proc. Power 	140
Level 	        34
Offense             143
Defense             89
Luck 	        66
Frugality           9
Charisma            30
Upkeep 	        1

Offense   	143
Defense 	77
Luck 	59
Frugality 	5
Charisma 	28
Upkeep 	1
Alignment 	23% Evil

Yeah, I see where you’re coming from Shodan. I mean yes, its kinda frustrating, the only thing that does frustrate me, is the lemon scoops. Takes awhile to load, and then by the time its done, attacks like scrambler or 404 have ruined any chance at a run.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

3bp, because you make suggestions like everyone else? or because involving yourself with ppl complaining makes you feel its justified? -i dont think so.

Douche Infec-
tion

Level 33 Hacker

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

It’s less about the money and more about the fact that I’ve been actively contributing to FW. You know those hackers I’ve been ranting about? I didn’t just call them morons and mock them, I actually looked at their builds and told them what they could improve and how, and even suggested improved tactics.

At this point I’m little more than some copypasta and a sticky away from having a hacker how-to guide up on the game discussion board, which I find kinda depressing since so much of the fun in the game is in trying new things to see what works and what doesn’t. Log in to see images!

Forgive me if I appear rude, but um, why? Why should anyone give you BP for doing something out of the kindness of your heart? I mean its one thing to contribute to the game in meaningful ways. I mean, there is a whole web page filled with people who have done that. All you’ve done is complain about how hackers use avatar as a crutch, when really I doubt you quite grasp the situation there. I understand you think hackers are a bunch of whiners, and that you wish they’d go find a fire to expire in because they complain relentlessly, but listening to their complaints wasn’t a job given to you.

Its one you took on yourself.

I also don’t believe this thread is deserving of being in a Non-RP forum like Any rands. I request moving to Whiney ****es where its more fitting.

8-Bit Raepdog

Avatar: 73875 Fri Jan 02 18:59:46 -0500 2009

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 21 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Im not what you would call a pro but, heres my moves, I do use status aids in battle, and am only level 21.

Offense 52

Defense 31

Luck 37

Frugality 10

Charisma 6

Upkeep 6

Ego 1460

Proc. Power 130

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

SHODAN Posted:

[b]Ego   	        235[/b]
Proc. Power 	140
Level 	        34
Offense             143
Defense             89
Luck 	        66
[b]Frugality           9[/b]
Charisma            30
[b]Upkeep 	        1[/b]

Douche Infection Posted:

Offense   	143
Defense 	77
Luck 	59
[b]Frugality 	5[/b]
Charisma 	28
[b]Upkeep 	1[/b]
Alignment 	23% Evil

Yeah, I see where you’re coming from Shodan. I mean yes, its kinda frustrating, the only thing that does frustrate me, is the lemon scoops. Takes awhile to load, and then by the time its done, attacks like scrambler or 404 have ruined any chance at a run.

Put more points into Frugality and Upkeep. This seems to be a common problem among hackers.

Shodan: You might want to get a bit more ego, because you don’t really have enough of a buffer if you want to take-on high level forums. It’s unlikely (but possible) for a forum like SW to hit 2-3 times in a row, and a little more ego would give you a bit more leeway. The difference between 1176% damage and 1100% damage isn’t a large one, and that would be all it would take to at least boost your Fr/Up to 10/10. How much offense you want to lose for an ego buffer is up to you, though.

R43P_D0G Posted:

Im not what you would call a pro but, heres my moves, I do use status aids in battle, and am only level 21.

Offense 52

Defense 31

Luck 37

Frugality 10

Charisma 6

Upkeep 6

Ego 1460

Proc. Power 130

Turn your ego down, put 4 points in Upkeep and the rest in offense. You should be fine with about 600 ego at this point as long as you don’t try to hit forums that are out of your range.

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

3bp, because you make suggestions like everyone else? or because involving yourself with ppl complaining makes you feel its justified? -i dont think so.

I said I deserve it, I didn’t say that I expected anybody to actually give it to me. You know as well as I that what you get and what you deserve are all but completely unrelated.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 12/02/2008 7:04AM

Douche Infec-
tion

Level 33 Hacker

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

I said I deserve it, I didn’t say that I expected anybody to actually give it to me. You know as well as I that what you get and what you deserve are all but completely unrelated.

I disagree with the point, and reiterate my statement before. Please mods, move this to where it belongs.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Douche Infection Posted:

I disagree with the point, and reiterate my statement before. Please mods, move this to where it belongs.

I can’t say I agree with that, seeing as how I’ve been helping people with their builds in this thread. Also, I don’t have any complaints about these people because they’re asking for help instead of just being male reproductive organfabulous persons.

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Here’s what can happen. I have 2 BP as of right now left over from the last time I bought stuff. If one other person will donate 1 BP, I will give my other 2.

Zeta edited this message on 12/02/2008 9:29PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!