Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Skills toolbar out of battle
Poll: Should access to skill toolbar be allowed outside of battle?
You must be logged in to vote.

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

INCIT is like my birthday party but with more people

I suggest to allow editing the skills toolbar without visiting forumz for rearranging toolbar or removing/adding skills.

It takes precious battle time, stealing our lemon sherbet scoops(Dumbledore is not happy.)

So what say ye?

EDIT:Will also help practicing keyboard shortcuts if Acid Flux’s h4x idea is implemented.

Aurum edited this message on 11/30/2008 9:00AM

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Don’t you notice your timer doesn’t start until your first attack?

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

Errr… and the toolbar options are also blocked?

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I agree, I’d like to be able to switch them around when I want. Makes sense to me.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Aurum Posted:

Errr… and the toolbar options are also blocked?

“Starting battle” is defined as the time of your first actual move.

Hell, you can even enter a forum, open a thread, and as long as you don’t actually perform an action, you haven’t even spent a forum visit.

The timer starts when you make your first move… so you have all the time in the world to screw with your toolbar. Log in to see images!

(This is sort of clearly implied by the “You will have x forum visits left after your first move!” text that you see every time you enter a forum… )

FalconFour edited this message on 11/30/2008 8:49AM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Valid point, but even so, I’d prefer to be able to arrange my toolbar without worrying about making an error and losing a forum visit.

Perhaps the easiest solution would be a Test Run Forum. It doesn’t cost a forum visit, you get no Cred or .moar files for pwning it, it doesn’t count as part of your streak (either for or against) and the threads themselves have difficulty ratings, so that you can test your build against different types of threads.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Acid Flux Posted:

Perhaps the easiest solution would be a Test Run Forum. It doesn’t cost a forum visit, you get no Cred or .moar files for pwning it, it doesn’t count as part of your streak (either for or against) and the threads themselves have difficulty ratings, so that you can test your build against different types of threads.

Whoa. Now that’s a concept I fully support. And hell, you might even be able to step back and enjoy the scenery without worrying about making the most out of every visit (speedrunning for lemons)... Log in to see images!

Aurum

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 61 Hacker

I like Acid Flux’s idea.

Make that forum only get pwnd, no cred, no moar fiels, no people sending deliveriesfor pwning that.

It can help us get savvy with keyboard shortcuts and such.

BirdReynods

Avatar: 41906 Mon Dec 08 21:36:48 -0500 2008

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Aurum Posted:

I like Acid Flux’s idea.

Make that forum only get pwnd, no cred, no moar fiels, no people sending deliveriesfor pwning that.

It can help us get savvy with keyboard shortcuts and such.

And not breaking streaks

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I love it, and I love that idea that Acid Flux had, and Acid Flux Log in to see images!

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Acid Flux Posted:

Valid point, but even so, I’d prefer to be able to arrange my toolbar without worrying about making an error and losing a forum visit.Perhaps the easiest solution would be a Test Run Forum. It doesn’t cost a forum visit, you get no Cred or .moar files for pwning it, it doesn’t count as part of your streak (either for or against) and the threads themselves have difficulty ratings, so that you can test your build against different types of threads.

The whole point of limiting visits is to save bandwidth.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

kittiejenn Posted:

This.

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

I thought the whole reason for the limited visits per day is to save bandwidth or something. If they let people pwn forums all they wanted to practice, it would defeat that purpose.

Also it kind of cheapens the game. I died 2 or 3 times yesterday while rebalancing my character. It sucks, but it’s part of the game.

greggcarson

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

I agree, seems strange that you can only organise in battle.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

kittiejenn Posted:

I was about to raise this point myself.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

kittiejenn Posted:

Then make it available only at certain times of day, or make it a perk that you can buy with Brownie Points, or make it available only to certain levels of characters.

The point about being able to organize your tool bar outside of battle is still valid. It’s not a huge deal, but it’s probably doable without creating too much havoc.

Acid Flux edited this message on 11/30/2008 2:37PM

Oliver Klosh-
off

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

I agree that we should be able to arrange our toolbars outside of battle. It’s quite annoying to re-arrange them during a forum run, while eating up precious time.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!