Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help REQUEST: Looking for a Sound Blaster 16 ASP software CD

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

My friend and I used to play with Textbumist on his old old computer making it sing it’s overture.txt and a story he wrote about a fat guy who swam like a beluga whale.

Anyway, the computer died along with half the files. Textbumist remained, but broken Log in to see images!

Down to the point: If you have ever had a sound blaster card (preferably a CT 2290 AKA Sound Blaster 16 ASP) in your possession, do me a favour and check if you have the installation CD or floppy disks. Or, if you’re good at crawling the net, find me the software online somewhere. The whole thing was no more than 2 megabytes uncompressed. the one file name i remember is textole

If you find such a disk in your possession or online, send it to me digitally somehow. If it’s what I’m after I’ll reward you with Brownie Points.

nevermind i found it in my collection on an obscure old hard drive

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 11/30/2008 5:49PM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Huh, if I find the old case with floppies, I know some sound driver cards are in there, I’m going to go check.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Okay I looked for like 15 minutes, only found ancient CDs. Oh wells.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Here are a couple of links on Creative’s web page that have downloadable drivers:

Sound Blaster 16®

Sound Blaster 16 PCI

Sound Blaster 16 SCSI

Sound Blaster 16 Wave Effects

I obviously didn’t test these, but all of those mentioned the Sound Blaster 16.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

CaptainDDL Posted:

Here are a couple of links on Creative’s web page that have downloadable drivers:

Sound Blaster 16®

Sound Blaster 16 PCI

Sound Blaster 16 SCSI

Sound Blaster 16 Wave Effects

I obviously didn’t test these, but all of those mentioned the Sound Blaster 16.

Euh, anyone can get the drivers (hell, they’re included in Windows), but it’s the Textbumist software that tubs is looking for. Log in to see images!

But alas, I have it not. Yeah, there were some really cool pieces of software back in the day… hell, even working voice-recognition software that was about 1,000 times smaller than the crap bundled with Vistaids. I had it way back in the day, but not anymore Log in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Thanks for trying guys!

Coming to think of it, I might have downloaded it ages off some ftp site and just forgotten where I’ve stored it.

Time to go through my own collection and downloads backups.

Turns out I do have a copy Log in to see images!

I know what I’m doing tonight instead of studying for exams Log in to see images! TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 11/30/2008 5:49PM

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Does anyone know somewhere I could upload the archive for future reference? It’s 3 megs because it’s so damn old.

Somewhere indexable where it’ll never get lost. I bet there’s at least one person on this earth in the same situation as me.

ahahaha i got it working!

old school speech synth is soo bad. But i figured out what the parameters are on the singing text files, so I can make my own singing monstrosities now Log in to see images! TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 11/30/2008 10:37PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!