Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Stronger forums are not fun.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Compare the old Second Wife to PrayPal.

Compare the new Second Wife to PrayPal.

Keep things in perspective; level 28 forums shouldn’t be many times more difficult than level 33 forums.

Does it give more cred?

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Kilroy Posted:

Does it give more cred?

PrayPal: 699,588 max cred

Second Wife: 2,290,484 max cred

Going by these numbers, SW should be AT LEAST 3x more difficult than PrayPal just to match the cred difference. If you then factor in the limited supply of forum visits, the difference in cred-per-forum-visit justifies an even greater gap; if you get your cred from PrayPal it will be easier, but take many more forum visits.

Now, lets take a look at how hard it is to pwn PrayPal. IIRC, PrayPal threads have between 2k and 3k pwnage. 3x that would be 6-9k pwnage. It does about 20-30 damage to me, so it would instead do 60-90 damage at the 3x modifier. However, if we factor in the thread difference, the fact that SW gets half the threads means that it should be twice the battle in each thread. That would mean 12k-18k pwnage per thread, and 120-180 damage per hit. SW is only getting 5k-6k pwnage – a third of what would be expected. The trade-off for this is that the damage that SW does, when it hits, is a touch over twice as hard as the calculated value; 300-360 damage per hit.

It seems pretty reasonable to me, I think the problem is that that everybody’s been getting spoiled by caekwalk forums.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/29/2008 10:00PM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Now, lets take a look at how hard it is to pwn PrayPal. IIRC, PrayPal threads have between 2k and 3k pwnage. 3x that would be 6-9k pwnage. It does about 20-30 damage to me, so it would instead do 60-90 damage at the 3x modifier.

I don’t agree with this analysis. If you multiply the pwnage of the thread by three and also multiply the damage the thread does by three, you’re multiplying the damage that you take in pwning the thread by a factor of nine. Since by multiplying the pwnage of the thread by 3, you make it so that players take three times as long to pwn it, so they get hit (on average) three times as much. So if the damage you would take were unchanged, you would already be taking three times as much. But if you also triple the damage the thread deals, you are taking three times as many hits at three times the damage, and 3x3 is 9.

Increasing the pwnage or increasing the damage is both fine. But when you do both, you have to realize that the difficulty increases compound each other. So if you really want forum A to be three times as difficult as forum B, doubling the pwnage and doubling the damage dealt by forum B for forum A would be a much more reasonable way to do so, as it results in only four times as much damage taken as opposed to nine.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I don’t agree with this analysis.

Perfectly reasonable, as I’m tired to the point of being about to pbum-out. I’ll re-read what I wrote and fix things in the morning.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I could beat Zombie Armaggedon, a Lv32 Forum at Lv23, without items before the forum buffing. Now I can barely do it, but that seems about right.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I think they are still too weak I still don’t have to use any drugs.

Meth Use La

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Nothing needs nerfing. We need to leave this for a while so players can experiment with the new difficulty level. There are better ways to do things than all-out offense, and players have gotten lazy in that regard. 30 seconds on the most difficult forum, which is just as difficult as the easiest forum, is stupid. I want some forums to be difficult, because that’s where players use their skills to best effect to extract an edge.

e.g. 300 is *not* the maximum ego you can heal per turn. It’s 350, with a combination of 5HTP and Endopatch. Expensive (certainly it will cost far more than you will get in return with some clbumes) but possible. With high defence, the PC misses a reasonable % of the time, so this isn’t quite so horrible as some people paint. Players, for the first time, actually have to unlearn some bad habits (everything into offense=bad), and learn some new skills. Everything in offence and no ego upgrades is a mistake. Defence plays a bigger part. Upkeep e.g. now has a purpose. So there’s an edge to actually knowing what you’re doing, and the game is edging towards working properly. If the most difficult forums had been difficult from the outset, noone would have seen any issue with it. We’re just used to being over powerful.

Having forums which require a player to use consumables to run is reasonable. It’s up to players to determine now what the most efficient combination of forums to run are, for grinding for flezz. And, if too many items are required, that means the player has to run easier forums more often, or perhaps that the consumables are too expensive.

Grinding the most difficult forums for the best .moar files now has a built in cost. That’s as it should be, though it’s unfortunate that some players got the best equipment before these forums were buffed. That, to be blunt, is an issue with ET not getting things right before releasing episode 2 though.

Also, if this had been in place from the outset (alongside the Geronimo nerf) getting to level 35, possibly might have been an achievement. For those who get there now, it is. For those who got there before, it was a joke and a disappointment. A random peen for running the same old forums again.

The only real issues I have here are the speedrun times which should have been reset, and that these forums were buffed, and I didn’t know anything about it. We need an announcement addition to the character page when you log back in, as, obviously, announcements are not going to be seen unless players check the twitter every time they play, which would be a stupid bumumption. There wasn’t a mention in Game Discussion until a number of hours after the change took place, and that wasn’t by a staff member. So, that it was mentioned at all is better, but is not sufficient. It was also a significant enough change it should have been announced *in advance* – give players some warning so they don’t lose a visit/a streak/whatever, and have a Haxlrose available to respec if necessary. Hindsight is 20/20 but these are common sense observations IMO.

With all due respect, this all is a lot easier to say when you’re a troll. As an emo, I put a real bumload into ego. My defence isn’t bad either, so I could casually run Second Wife in about a minute with >90% of my ego intact. The changes, which happened as far as I can tell without any way for me to know unless I happened to check the forums (BAWBAWBAW) meant I went into a run (which would’ve given me a 12 streak for the first time Log in to see images!) without any drugs and got raped the **** out of on the fourth or fifth thread. Not having played a high level troll, I don’t know how it is for you guys, but I don’t think it hurts you guys as much as it did emos.

Sorry for the incoherent form and direction of this post, it’s early in the morning for me Log in to see images!

[Edit] Also I’m not sure if my character is even financially viable any more…I’m too tired to calculate how it’ll be after a few days of having to use a few drugs to run the hardest forums, as well as upkeeping all my .moars etc.. Seems sort of very special if I’m making less money than I was at level 28 before, by running the hardest forums, in the most economical way possible.

Meth Use La edited this message on 11/30/2008 6:47AM

Syntome

Avatar: 64112 Wed Oct 15 22:18:57 -0400 2008

Level 51 Camwhore

“Cum Dumpstress”

Well, for one it makes “pwn the forum in less then 32seconds” kind of jobs difficult/impossible.

No items to equalize the increased difficulty where released. I went into a forum that I could do before and BAM, almost all my ego gone in one hit. I had to leave the forumn because i wasnt going to bother trying to heal, heal heal wait for a 0 attack on me just to attack back.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Well, the speed runs and jobs should give WAY more time. 90 seconds, at the absoulute minimum.

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

was Posted:

The main reason the forum takes 15 minutes for you to pwn it is the stat penalty. My level 33 hacker would probably take 3 minutes. Which might be too long, but I think that is a different discussion. Either pwn a forum closer to your level, Teen Momies, or endure the consequences of your eagerness.

Easy for a Level 35 to say, especially one who was able to level up before all of the forums got buffed.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

admiralcervixtor Posted:

Easy for a Level 35 to say, especially one who was able to level up before all of the forums got buffed.

I don’t understand what you mean with this statement? This character wasn’t always at the level cap and I still have alts below level 30.

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

was Posted:

I don’t understand what you mean with this statement? This character wasn’t always at the level cap and I still have alts below level 30.

Yeah, but you hit the level cap/near it before the forums got buffed. It isn’t as easy to grind anymore, it’s so tedious and everything doesn’t just get wiped out in one hit anymore with no chance of hitting.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Ok, cabbage, you’re right. I screwed up on my math, but the end result works out to be basically the same – SW is within tolerances for being scaled to match PrayPal on Cred per Pwnage&Damage.

UnlimitedANC

Avatar: 62422 Tue Nov 11 20:35:45 -0500 2008

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Why is Dykea one of the hardest forums in the game? It’s a stupid ****ing joke to be so epic, and it wasn’t even the first dyke-jokes forum.

Anyway, the solution to high level players being bored wasn’t “**** up all our streaks” it was “Make a new ultimate forum.” Granted, not saying that one of the buildr suggestions deserves it (Though I am happy to see Historical Revisionism nerfed and Fakebook given decent standing) but CZ can’t come up with a new one for us?

Meth Use La

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

UnlimitedANC Posted:

Why is Dykea one of the hardest forums in the game? It’s a stupid ****ing joke to be so epic, and it wasn’t even the first dyke-jokes forum.

Anyway, the solution to high level players being bored wasn’t “**** up all our streaks” it was “Make a new ultimate forum.” Granted, not saying that one of the buildr suggestions deserves it (Though I am happy to see Historical Revisionism nerfed and Fakebook given decent standing) but CZ can’t come up with a new one for us?

ITT: Cheap jokes aren’t allowed on FW

ezek

Avatar: 64391 Sat Jan 10 11:26:32 -0500 2009

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

Bling Fling Posted:

Seriously, there’s like 5-6 forums that put up a fight now, and no one’s being forced to run them. I don’t see why people insist they must be able to pwn every forum by mindlessly alternating two keys. Just had a run on Second Wife and Dykea on a Camwhore and it’s very, very doable.

They may require you to put a couple of upgrade points into Ego and get some restoring items but that’s what you’d expect from the hardest forums in the game.

doctormale reproductive organtor

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

ezek Posted:

Stuff

Not everyone is at the cap, though. Of course it’s easy for Level 35s who are specced.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

doctormale reproductive organtor Posted:

Not everyone is at the cap, though. Of course it’s easy for Level 35s who are specced.

My fear is that the forums in the future turn to be what PrayPal/Faux News was in the past.

Maybe I didn’t specify well on the OP, but I think the forums are okay as they are now. I think they reached a good base to balance the rest.

I just don’t really want 5-minute long runs ever again, if you’re specced and lv35. >.>

ezek

Avatar: 64391 Sat Jan 10 11:26:32 -0500 2009

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Troll

Imperial Wizard

why revert back to making things effortless though? Log in to see images!

barely clinching a win makes it a little more fun imo

ezek edited this message on 12/02/2008 10:57AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

ezek Posted:

why revert back to making things effortless though? Log in to see images!

barely clinching a win makes it a little more fun imo

I don’t think you played FW before Episode 2.

Running PrayPal (or Faux News as a DML Troll) wasn’t a challenge by any means; they were easy. But, they were LONG. Running them for different purposes (either Flezz or Cred) made it feel like a grind. Felt like a job.

For now, even with the buffed forums and the nerfed attacks, I’m still having fun going through the hardest forums. I just don’t want them to be further buffed to the point they are still easy, but they’re essentially a grind because they take too much to die.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!