Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Fix Hackers

BaconSupreme

Avatar: 77335 Sat Nov 08 20:57:52 -0500 2008

[The Bacon Stack]

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Our top two attacks were nerfed. Severely. This was fine. I was perfectly OK with this. But with the new top-tier forum buffs, this is too much.

Seeing as the top-tier forums were buffed, I had to respec to give more into Ego and Defense. I now have 107 Offense. I can’t break 1700 damage on Zombie Armageddon with ipz. The threads now have, what, 5K, 6K health? It should not take 6-7 turns to kill a single thread on a forum that’s only one level above me, especially when I’m putting as much as I can into offense.

Also, our refresh and Processing Power usage is ****ed up like the ****. Our top two spamable attacks are bg2 and avtr. Bg2 uses 3 processing power and has an attack of 60-80. Avtr uses 10 processing power and has an attack of 100-110. Every other non-challenge clbum gets two 200+ attacks with a refresh of 1. Our only 200+ attack is ipz, which has a refresh of ****ing 6.

This needs to be fixed. Either buff avtr or ipz, because they both suck serious balls.

Benjamini

Level 35 Hacker

I completely agree with you.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

sounds p terrible

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Yeah, I have to say that “being a Hacker is no longer that appealing.”

Let’s see what Hackers have in their favor:

1) Good stats due to 4 hardware slots.

Let’s see what’s running against Hackers:

1) Long refresh times.

2) Low damage on most attacks.

3) High PP cost on effective attacks.

4) No ability to buff Processing Power without devoting equipment slots to it.

5) Not much processing power restored by the high end consumables. Their most expensive attack only has 15 uses funded by the best consumable they can buy (compared to like 18 for camwhores and 30-something for trolls), and their most expensive attack is weaker than the most expensive attack of the other clbumes, and their most powerful attack is weaker (and has a lower refresh time) than the the most powerful attack of the other clbumes.

I mean, I’m not saying Hackers are woefully underpowered, but I would gladly welcome a nerf to their equipment if it meant that there could be, well, something else interesting about them. Since right now the whole hacker game is: juggling your equipment, healing a lot, and waiting for your skills to refresh.

If I had to do it all over again, I would likely not want to be a hacker in light of the way the game is right now. I would not recommend the clbum to other new players, either. I understand that “before this round of nerfs, Hackers were doing a ton of damage” and they still might do reasonable amounts of damage, but the problem is more that now they are neither particularly fun nor particularly easy to play, which is worthy of some kind of a fix, certainly.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 11/28/2008 4:41PM

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

Seems like another attack of the EVIL TROUT MONSTER!!!!!

Arbiter

Avatar: 77516 Fri Nov 14 12:15:05 -0500 2008

Level 41 Hacker

Simply, greatest hacker evar.

Ok, before the second nerf, i was speedrunning the 30+ forums. Now that i am lvl 31 with 135 offense, i cant even hit 1800 with my best attacks. I can no longer pwn any lvl 30+ forums. For you people saying hackers are fine, they are not when i cant even pwn lvl 30+ (i.e keep dying not even halfway through great firewall where as before i spedrun it) forums with 135 offense. Our best attack does the same damage as recipes for disaster, which all clbumes have, while camwhores and trolls have 300 and 350+ attacks and can easily hit 4K+ while hacker damage has been capped to 1800 (and thats with really high offense) not only that, but the PP costs have doubled, and the refresh times are redicoulus with the hacker attacks averaging 5 turns/refresh

Arbiter edited this message on 11/28/2008 4:32PM

BlackberryiP-
od

Level 9 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Hahahaha hackers got pwned, pretty much a challenge clbum now, not too far off from re-re’s and permanoobs after second huge nerf

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Since when were hackers supposed to be a challenge clbum? Never realized that. Must Have been out that day.

Seriously though, I stopped using my hacker a while ago because it was too easy. Hah!

Hackers were fine before. Yes, we had to devote a slot or two to PP, but we have 4. So ****ing what. Basically, hackers would be fine now with the new buffed forums if they were the way they were before the nerfs.

The only grips I have about Hackers is why the hell PP restores are so expensive? Makes playing with them so stupidly difficult in the beginning because you level really fast and then have attacks you can use only once in a forum before you have to resort to using re-re attacks. And when you finish, now you have to re-equip everything so you can optimize your luck/charisma and get more deliveries, just so you can be able to buy perhaps one or two PP restores in addition to your hardware upgrades, which you may or may not be able to buy since you have to go fix all your equipment, since Hacker equips are about as durable as a dry leaf in a bonfire.

Man, this is why I like hackers. Much more in-depth when they’re not broken.

Are-

Avatar: 90963 Mon Dec 15 03:10:56 -0500 2008

[Giveupalready]

Level 35 Hacker

The Biscuit Kid is my GOD, and I'm a piece of ****!

Zeta Posted:

The only grips I have about Hackers is why the hell PP restores are so expensive? Makes playing with them so stupidly difficult in the beginning because you level really fast and then have attacks you can use only once in a forum before you have to resort to using re-re attacks. And when you finish, now you have to re-equip everything so you can optimize your luck/charisma and get more deliveries, just so you can be able to buy perhaps one or two PP restores in addition to your hardware upgrades, which you may or may not be able to buy since you have to go fix all your equipment, since Hacker equips are about as durable as a dry leaf in a bonfire.

I were thinking the same thing about PP restores, but at least last rollover I didn’t have to use any Log in to see images! It still annoyed me in the first two days.

But meh, its going decently…but I’m still sliiightly screaming in my head to as of why I didn’t pick troll when I were deciding which of the two to use =/

BaconSupreme

Avatar: 77335 Sat Nov 08 20:57:52 -0500 2008

[The Bacon Stack]

Level 34 Hacker

bump

et needs to see this

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Are- Posted:

but I’m still sliiightly screaming in my head to as of why I didn’t pick troll when I were deciding which of the two to use =/

Me too =/

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

I have only one alt, and it’s a hacker.

I’ve used every forum visit I’ve received on it, ever since I created it almost a month ago.

AND I STILL CAN’T EVEN GET TO LEVEL 20. The upper forums are too hard for the consumables I can buy with the ****y little amount of Flezz I get from deliveries, and it levels too damn slow.

And that was before both nerfs! Now the forums are harder and the attacks are weaker? Screw that… I can’t even play the hacker anymore. Too tedious. I think it’s gone through 2 levels now and there are no additional attacks I can use. So the forums and leveling get harder and there are no new attacks to do anything with. And there are no amplifiers like Fap or Racial Tension that trolls have… talk about a rip… >.<

Seriously, I find myself filling the entire bar with attack refreshes sometimes, I even end up going all the way down to ‘scrmbl’ at times (including OBP and Recipes). Log in to see images!

Are-

Avatar: 90963 Mon Dec 15 03:10:56 -0500 2008

[Giveupalready]

Level 35 Hacker

The Biscuit Kid is my GOD, and I'm a piece of ****!

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Me too =/

You didn’t do the decision a few days ago at least Log in to see images!

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

One thing’s for sure, our best attacks are now far, far too weak to warrent to perposterous amounts of proc. power they now cost to use…

I personally fail to see the balance in the clbum that is supposed to focus on defence’s best attack being 1 refresh and having an attack of 350, while our best attack has a refresh of 6 and an attack of 200-210… That… doesn’t… make… sense…

Yea, hackers are pretty weak now… Log in to see images! Captain Trek edited this message on 11/28/2008 10:02PM

Arbiter

Avatar: 77516 Fri Nov 14 12:15:05 -0500 2008

Level 41 Hacker

Simply, greatest hacker evar.

the problem is that hacker damage is capped at 1800, and thats with highest offense acheivable, with no attacks better than the multiclbum ones, together with ludicrous refresh rates and buffed forums

nameless

Level 29 Hacker

“1337”

Oh give me a break. You must have a screwy build to be dying on lv 30 forums. I pwned second wife since the forum buff using only one caffinated mint and you are two levels higher than me.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Just got done pwning firewall. It wasn’t hard, or interesting but this sticks out: “Time Spent in forum: 891s”.

Holy goddess was that tedious. The outcome was never in doubt, it just takes forever when your attacks are only doing 200-400 damage to threads who have 6000 ego.

greggcarson

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

Sounds like hacker have it really tough now, I would be lost without my spamable hi powered attacks I hope trolls don’t get a nerf like this.

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Are- Posted:

I were thinking the same thing about PP restores, but at least last rollover I didn’t have to use any Log in to see images! It still annoyed me in the first two days.

But meh, its going decently…but I’m still sliiightly screaming in my head to as of why I didn’t pick troll when I were deciding which of the two to use =/

That’s why you do what I did. Save your money and buy a ****load of BP and make and alt of each clbum. I would play my hacker more, but the nerfs make it a bit boring and grindy. If I wanted annoying grinding, I would go play maplestory or some ****.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Why fix what isn’t broken?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!