Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me FIX HACKERS NAO - A NOOBS PETITION

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

The Mad Idiot Posted:

Ego 4705

Proc. Power 295

Offense 57

Defense 44

Luck 56

Frugality 19

Charisma 10

Upkeep 15

I’m not having much problem with the hardest forums, using a lot of healing items but I can pwn them. I just think if you play your char like me, you need to expect to pay a lot in healing, that’s all. It’s not like I can’t afford it.

Too much ego, too much luck, and the extra 9 points in frugality doesn’t do much of anything. Keep your ego down to under 2k, and don’t put any points in luck. Focus on .moar files that give you plenty of offense and defense, since they don’t even give **** for PP and ego, and off/def are the only other combat-relevant stats.

As far as equipment goes, you’ve got too much PP. Go for a Prosthetic Finger and either 4x Beast0rs or 3x Beast0rs and a WetGear, then use PP restores as needed while waiting for your powerful attacks to refresh – you don’t really need much PP if you pace yourself right.

A level 30+ hacker should have an offense of at least 100, so you shouldn’t have to spend too much time deliberating over your options to push it that high.

Don’t wail on avtr (10.5dmg/PP) for your damage dealing needs, instead focus on 404(40dmg/PP), ipz(29.29dmg/PP), flipr (23.75dmg/PP), and bg2(23.33dmg/PP). Hit Poetry every time it refreshes, UNLESS you could hit with Recipes instead.

You can still use avtr if you’ve got enough PP and nothing better to do in a turn, but bashing on that is playing against your strengths. Hackers and trolls(I know, we can discuss that elsewhere) are both intended to defeat stronger forums through attrition, not overwhelming brutality.

Also, one last piece of advice:

If you ever see a pair of Versnatche Earbleeders in the pwn shop, then be damn well ready to sell every last piece of hacker equipment if that’s what it takes to get them.

(On a related non-advice note, could somebody provide the wiki with the base costs of hacker eq? It REALLY needs it.)

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

This is my build:

Ego 2405

Proc. Power 160

Offense 116

Defense 71

Luck 54

Frugality 12

Charisma 11

Upkeep 1

All the luck, frugality and charisma I have come from .moar files, as I don’t have good enough ones.

I have Memoirs of a Hacker Hero, 4 Beast0r cables and a Prosthetic Finger.

I do well enough, but buffed!Dykea still pwns the crap out of me.

Judge-Bot 30-

Avatar: 65677 Wed Oct 15 23:22:21 -0400 2008

[Troll Ambulance Mu-
fasa
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

respecced, will attempt the Firewall again tomorrow. Wound up with 2 less attack but got the Frug and upkeep to 10. Also boosted Ego to 705. Will see results.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

This is me:

Ego 1130

Proc. Power 195

Offense 134

Defense 83

Luck 59

Frugality 11

Charisma 36

Upkeep 1

Seems to work reasonably well. Anything at or below my level is a cakewalk (but I hate Avtr so much). Things above my level are much more of a PITA than they used to be.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Bandaney Posted:

This is my build:

Ego 2405

Proc. Power 160

Offense 116

Defense 71

Luck 54

Frugality 12

Charisma 11

Upkeep 1

All the luck, frugality and charisma I have come from .moar files, as I don’t have good enough ones.

I have Memoirs of a Hacker Hero, 4 Beast0r cables and a Prosthetic Finger.

I do well enough, but buffed!Dykea still pwns the crap out of me.

Drop your ego a bit, 1k should be plenty. Bring your upkeep up to keep your repair costs down. Use that extra cash to buy Smileprin XRs and Caffeinated Mints. Your offense is a bit low for a hacker, but don’t worry about that too much.

Aside from that, just go along with the same general advice I’ve given others. Don’t use avtr unless the forum’s almost dead and you’ve got enough PP to finish it off, instead focus on efficient attacks like 404, Recipe, and Poetry, and use the refreshes as a chance to keep your ego/pp up.

Cabbage: Bring that upkeep up. It’s more than worth it.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 12/01/2008 9:55PM

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Sneezeloaf Posted:

Yeah, and the newly harder forums are fine for Trolls, Camwhores, and Emo Kids, who all have an attack more powerful than ipz, and they all have a refresh of 1!

I agree, hackers need a buff to compensate for this.

I do agree on this, although i’m not hacker clbum. just some of the stats are ****ed up. i currently have 19 offense, and 42 defence. it doesn’t make sense. they should even out all stats and attacks for all clbumes with slight variations between refresh times for attacks, and stats.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

AntiRules187 Posted:

I do agree on this, although i’m not hacker clbum. just some of the stats are ****ed up. i currently have 19 offense, and 42 defence. it doesn’t make sense. they should even out all stats and attacks for all clbumes with slight variations between refresh times for attacks, and stats.

That is the OPPOSITE of sensible. If the clbumes were all the same, then what would be the point of having different clbumes in the FIRST place?

The stats are different because they’re not SUPPOSED to be the same! The clbumes are designed to be heterogeneous in play style and tactics.

Mario Kart has light, medium, and heavy characters, and MKW adds motorcycles.

D&D has clbumes running the gambit from bumbumins to wizards.

Warcraft, Starcraft, C&C, and basically every other strategy game ever made have different factions that are completely dissimilar.

I could provide an endless list of games where the differences are basically required for entertaining gameplay.

You want to know why you have so much def and so little off? Because trolls are designed to be able to take a serious beating and just shrug it off. They aren’t supposed to beat the enemy with powerful hits, they’re supposed to gradually take the enemy down with constant lower-grade abuse.

BaconSupreme

Avatar: 77335 Sat Nov 08 20:57:52 -0500 2008

[The Bacon Stack]

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

AntiRules187 Posted:

Trolls take a beating, Camwhores can heal, and Emos do more damage the closer they are to death. This has been established; your stats reflect this.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

BaconSupreme Posted:

Trolls take a beating, Camwhores can heal, and Emos do more damage the closer they are to death. This has been established; your stats reflect this.

To be honest, camwhore healing is basically useless past level 25ish. Sure, I can heal for 140 or so (Amount healed is NOT affected by any stats), but using a 5-HTP heals more than twice as much in a single round and doesn’t have such a long cooldown.

Camwhores have two powerful attacks that they can alternate between, but they have neither a particularly high offense or defense. They take much more damage than trolls, so they have to hit hard and fast. Every round spent not dealing damage is one more round spent taking it, and so they need to get the most healing out of every turn that they can’t spend attacking.

Camwhores are the simplest clbum to play; don’t be completely stupid about your stats, and just 1,2,1,2,1,2 until you need either healing or to pick a new forum.

Also, 1035 Sexiness just from Earbleeders (+600), Vaginoplasty (+100), Tightly’s Corset (+250), Strap-Ons (+75), and the unloseable free starter stats (+10)? WTF?

Xeon

Level 35 Hacker

lololol…

Ego 15715

Proc. Power 245

Secondary Attributes

Offense 32

Defense 21

Luck 17

Frugality 2

Charisma 2

Upkeep 2

Alignment 27% Evil

...and i raep

Total-Connec-
tions

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

A Broken Box Posted:

Olololol I R Teh Nub.

Ego: 7700

Proc. Power: 300

Offense: 42

Defense: 22

Luck: 1

Frugality: 10

Charisma: 10

Upkeep: 1

I tend to agree with the camwhore here, that’s bad stats, I have 47 with 25 at just level 16 and I’m trying to buy the best that I can get from shops. I know someone playing at close the same level with me as an emo kid, and he’s clearly under me and can barely get his tears together, while I don’t really have problem with my processing power or ego.

On the other hand…

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Here, let me post mine:

Ego: 160

Sexiness: 1035

Offense: 92

Defense: 40

Luck: 47

Frugality: 11

Charisma: 58

Upkeep: 2

wat? I have 2200, maybe I shouldn’t up it anymore (I usually use 3 points on ego and 2 on rest at an upgrade), but that’s just me. My stats, in case anyone interested.

Ego 2250

Proc. Power 195

Offense 47

Defense 25

Luck 9

Frugality 18

Charisma 9

Upkeep 2

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Xeon Posted:

lololol…

Ego 15715

Proc. Power 245

Secondary Attributes

Offense 32

Defense 21

Luck 17

Frugality 2

Charisma 2

Upkeep 2

Alignment 27% Evil

...and i raep

Gee, I wonder why? Log in to see images! SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 12/03/2008 1:10PM

Joreal Conne-
rs

Avatar: 74888 Tue Oct 28 15:23:49 -0400 2008

Level 35 Hacker

Uh.

I actually… uh…

like some of the changes.

Yeah, I’m as surprised as you all. I thought it sucked at first too, but then I remembered how bored I was with going in, curb stomping everything in my path, then switching over to my Camwhore for an actual challenge.

Sure, there are certain problems right now that I can agree with others’ stances on. Example: avtr. 10PP for a 100-110 dmg hit? Even at 1 refresh, it’s easily replaceable with bg2. The downside to this is not that it created more of a challenge, but that it’s a late-game HAXX ability and should pack a bit more of a punch for what it’s doing to measure out the cost/worth. avtr went straight past Nerf and into waterguns.

It was great in the past, but to people that are working their way up it’s become a punch in the nuts. Imagine seeing avtr’s description from the perspective of someone that hasn’t spent Upgrade Points on it yet with bg2. That’s 7 less BP. That’s an ipz hit AND bg2 for the cost of an avtr. Chances are that when avtr is being used, it’s because they don’t have anything else to fall back on. Punch in 40 more damage and maybe bring the PP cost to 8 and I could see avtr as being feasible. Hell, even 30 more damage and 8 PP would work from here.

My real problem is that my only other character is my Camwhore alt and she’s half my current level. I can’t make a real comparison without another character of similar or equal level to work from, though from what I’m hearing we were being brought down to even the playing field somehow. It looks like you guys went to where you wanted, went straight past the goal line and into the parking lot. I’m not trying to get personal, but having this much trouble on the Great Firewall of China is just sad. Log in to see images!

KrackAddict

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

That is the OPPOSITE of sensible. If the clbumes were all the same, then what would be the point of having different clbumes in the FIRST place?

The stats are different because they’re not SUPPOSED to be the same! The clbumes are designed to be heterogeneous in play style and tactics.

Mario Kart has light, medium, and heavy characters, and MKW adds motorcycles.

D&D has clbumes running the gambit from bumbumins to wizards.

Warcraft, Starcraft, C&C, and basically every other strategy game ever made have different factions that are completely dissimilar.

I could provide an endless list of games where the differences are basically required for entertaining gameplay.

You want to know why you have so much def and so little off? Because trolls are designed to be able to take a serious beating and just shrug it off. They aren’t supposed to beat the enemy with powerful hits, they’re supposed to gradually take the enemy down with constant lower-grade abuse.

I agree with your point and disagree with one of your examples. Warcraft (the first 2 anyway) had 3 clbumes that were all practically the same from what I remember. It kinda made it lame because all the game was the pretty much the same from 3 different angles. The clbumes NEED to be different and as such, they ARE different.

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

Joreal Conners Posted:

Uh.

I actually… uh…

like some of the changes.

Yeah, I’m as surprised as you all. I thought it sucked at first too, but then I remembered how bored I was with going in, curb stomping everything in my path, then switching over to my Camwhore for an actual challenge.

Sure, there are certain problems right now that I can agree with others’ stances on. Example: avtr. 10PP for a 100-110 dmg hit? Even at 1 refresh, it’s easily replaceable with bg2. The downside to this is not that it created more of a challenge, but that it’s a late-game HAXX ability and should pack a bit more of a punch for what it’s doing to measure out the cost/worth. avtr went straight past Nerf and into waterguns.

It was great in the past, but to people that are working their way up it’s become a punch in the nuts. Imagine seeing avtr’s description from the perspective of someone that hasn’t spent Upgrade Points on it yet with bg2. That’s 7 less BP. That’s an ipz hit AND bg2 for the cost of an avtr. Chances are that when avtr is being used, it’s because they don’t have anything else to fall back on. Punch in 40 more damage and maybe bring the PP cost to 8 and I could see avtr as being feasible. Hell, even 30 more damage and 8 PP would work from here.

My real problem is that my only other character is my Camwhore alt and she’s half my current level. I can’t make a real comparison without another character of similar or equal level to work from, though from what I’m hearing we were being brought down to even the playing field somehow. It looks like you guys went to where you wanted, went straight past the goal line and into the parking lot. I’m not trying to get personal, but having this much trouble on the Great Firewall of China is just sad. Log in to see images!

My hacker is my higher level character at this point…and well…

I have almost not played it anymore since the set of nerfs. Something just dropped on it. Today’s the first day in a week I really did anything, and it’s because all of a sudden everything with the hacker takes forever, while my troll casually wanders through without even much of a risk of harm.

A Broken Box

[Bonkenhi Boards VI]

Level 22 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

7700 Ego means you put 88 of your 110 upgrade points into Ego, leaving you with 12 points to play with.

I can actually make a fair guess as to what equipment you have.

Your luck is only 1, so you clearly have no Beast0r cables equipped

You have 300 PP, but since you don’t have a Beast0rs I doubt you have any WetGears either. With PP boosting .moar files being as rare as they are, that makes your most likely loadout four nVulva 6000RXs. That would give you +24 offense, bringing your ‘base’ offense down to 18.

A frugality of exactly 10 is highly unlikely to result from .moar files, so I’d expect that’s where most of your 12 remaining points went.

Of course, there are other possible loadouts. You could have gotten lucky with .moar files and grabbed two wetgears, a 10TB, and an nVulva. Or you might have two WetGear, two 10TBs, and a Prosthetic Finger. It doesn’t really matter, the point is that your equipment isn’t even close to ideal.

The short version is that you are level 22, have intentionally sabotaged your own stats to reduce your normal offense, and have suboptimal gear. Comparing your stats to a level 35 camwhore with optimal gear, a decent boost from .moar files, and a singular focus for offense is meaningless.

Or, rather, the fact that you are actually trying to compare a level 22 hacker to a level 35 camwhore is telling in and of itself.

1 x Haxt0r HXX 50TB Hard Drive

3 x nVulva TestES 6000RX

1 x Thesis – Gun Control Legislation in Cambodia (April ‘04 Revision).sdoc

(* Luck +5

* Max Ego +105

* Offense +5

* Charisma +5)

1 x PLUM COMPUTERS KEYNOTE PODCAST.lstn

(* Defense +2

* Frugality +2

* Charisma +2

* Max Processing Power +30)

1 x if u look closely u can see my woman's genitals lol.ogle

(* Max Ego +105

* Offense +5

* Frugality +5

* Charisma +5)

1 x KeyLogger 5000.prog

(* Luck +2

* Max Ego +35

* Offense +2

* Max Processing Power +35)

I have the best equipment that I have come across that I can buy.

I don’t give a ****, quite frankly, about “Optimal Equipment” I just get what I can.

Axon

Level 35 Emo Kid

Tickle Me Emo

Hackers are super duper overpowered, anyone who is honest will admit this, it’s emos who are underpowered… we play because we know we don’t deserve any better.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Arbiter Posted:

omgwtfbbq with 135 offense my max damage is 1800

I do 1100 with my offense at 47 and ego max. Are you saying I should be whining?

Lithium Ion

[Do Not Tread On Me]

Level 31 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Fingers used to cost 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of other surgeries. Now they all cost the same?

Makes me wish there were a method for packaging up a purchased item and tubmailing it to Evil Trout.

As a hacker that’s only about to break level 20, being perpetually broke sucks. An increase in cost for the finger doesn’t help.

NAUGHTY-SENS-
EI

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

DO IT. WE NEED BETAR ATAKS.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!