Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz 52 cards

Grayson81

Level 68 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I’m an avid gambler in real life (there’s nothing I enjoy more than playing real life physical Poker until the early hours of the morning) and I quite like Blackjack. I’m also rather enjoying FW and would like to get both Flezz and Antifreeze scoops by playing BJ against Gamblebot.

Now is it my imagination or does Gamblebot get far better cards than should ever be possible? I’ve heard rumours in the game that Eviltrout wanted to make sure that the odds weren’t tilted too far in favour of the player and that he therefore changed the odds of the game so that Gamblebot could win more often.

I’m sure I speak on behalf of all card players when I say that the way to achieve this would be to put in some sort of fee or tax on winnings rather than to change the odds of a given card coming up. If there are four cards showing on the table then the odds of a given card which isn’t showing coming up should always be 1 in 48, and any change in these odds takes away from the immersive element of a game…

My point in a nutshell… If you want to mess with the odds in Gamblebot’s Blackjack game, don’t do so by changing the odds of a given card showing up.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Yes, Gamble-Bot does indeed play dirty, and he re-shuffles after every deal.

And IMO, rigging the odds is rigging the odds; it doesn’t matter how it’s done. It may be a bit harder for a card enthusiast to deal with it, but just keep in mind that you’re playing against a cheating bot.

Bigandtasty edited this message on 11/27/2008 7:33PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Allow higher stakes (100,000, for example) that yield more antifreeze scoops. Instead of limiting people to so many antifreeze scoops per day, limit them to receiving so many rewards of antifreeze scoops per day.

By way of example, if a 50,000 bet was worth 2 scoops, and you could be rewarded ten times per day, then you could earn up to 20 scoops per day. If you stuck to 10,000 or 25,000 bets that each grant 1 scoop, then you could only earn 10 scoops per day.

Also, have the dealer take the pot on a tie instead of tampering with the cards. If you go by Vegas rules you’ll sink more money out of the economy than gets added, and allowing/promoting huge bets helps that along.

7VibratingLa-
ngston

Avatar: 64688 Sun Oct 19 21:42:40 -0400 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

It cheats it I double down I always get 2, but if dealers showing an ace it will always get 10.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I doubt that the odds are anything but normal. The thing to keep in mind is that it plays with one deck and I am fairly sure the deck is “shuffled” after every hand.

BaconSupreme

Avatar: 77335 Sat Nov 08 20:57:52 -0500 2008

[The Bacon Stack]

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Gamble-Bot is a proven cheating bastard.

Oliver Klosh-
off

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

I do feel that the system is rigged, since I can accurately predict what Gamble-Bot’s hand is going to be at least 60% of the time, based on my current hand.

Well, that’s not a good reason, but I still feel that Gamble-Bot cheats.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

maybe, I do get a feeling that he’s been busting less lately. But I kinda doubt the developers would do that.

gamblebot is also a buggy bot. sometimes it hits at hard 17 when one of the cards is an ace

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Everyone agrees it sucks and makes us angry, it’s not even a challenge it’s an annoyance. Evil Trout, you really need to help us out a little bit.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

What annoys me the most on Gamblebot is that, at least 70% of the time, every time I get a 12 I’ll be busting. Log in to see images!

Maximum Douc-
he

Avatar: 64815 Fri Nov 28 03:51:29 -0500 2008

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

I love speedos and speedos love me. Also, male reproductive organ.

Its something like 90% chance that if it has an ace or a ten it blackjacks.

90 percent chance if you hold on a 19 it gets 20. 75% chance that if you hold on 20 its 21.

Yeah, really bad cheating.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Fran Posted:

What annoys me the most on Gamblebot is that, at least 70% of the time, every time I get a 12 I’ll be busting. Log in to see images!

i tend to stand on 12 even when its showing a face card, its surprising how many wins you can get with 12. but i agree it cheats quite heavily somehow

Grayson81

Level 68 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

was Posted:

I doubt that the odds are anything but normal. The thing to keep in mind is that it plays with one deck and I am fairly sure the deck is “shuffled” after every hand.

If this is the case, and there really is a 1 in 52 chance of each card appearing (with the chance lowering properly each time a card is drawn), then it would be good to have this confirmed by ET or someone else who would know…

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Mini-Games

Q: Why is Gamble-Bot such a ****ing cheater???

A: You’re gambling against a computer. It’s your own fault for losing. Gamble-bot actually does play on the up-and-up.

Q: Even blackjack?

A: Yeah, even blackjack. Completely on the up-and-up. Well, except that it’s only playing with one deck, and shuffles after each deal, so your online strategy card is probably useless.

Q: Okay, so which stats can I boost to give me a better chance of winning? Luck?

A: None. Not even Luck, which is a completely buminine decision by Crotch Zombie. Your stats can be any ****ing value and they won’t affect Gamble-bot at all. At. All.

There’s your staff confirmation. Consider reading the FAQ/wiki more closely.

Maximum Douc-
he

Avatar: 64815 Fri Nov 28 03:51:29 -0500 2008

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

I love speedos and speedos love me. Also, male reproductive organ.

Bigandtasty Posted:

There’s your staff confirmation. Consider reading the FAQ/wiki more closely.

It’s alredy been confirmed the computer has changed odds due to the fact that following certain rules, the player would always win against the computer.

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I always believed that gamblebot was a fair player… I have good days and bad days but tend to pull roughly even.

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

He always draws 10s for himself. Shift your strategy based on how often you see tens.

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Seriously, a cheating GB is harder to code than a GB that follows a simple random algorithm. Why would CZ go through the trouble?

indefinitesa-
bbatical

Level 16 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

On higher stakes bets I usually get a starting hand of 12-14.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

gamble-bot doesn’t even play by the rules

1. it doesn’t allow splitting of pairs (one of the player’s main advantages)

2. nor does it give the proper amounts for naturals (+50% in real game, but GB only gives +20%)

3. reshuffling is another one (prevents card counting)

4. i dont know if this was a glitch, but i saw gamblebot hit on 18 once

(he had A,7)

according to the rules of blackjack, the aces must be counted to make highest legit score, so gb would have had 18, and wouldnt have been able to hit…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!