Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Rant Tonight we raided INCIT

Jwred5

Avatar: 24279 Mon Nov 24 22:12:21 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pantsless Lord of the Sith

On this evening, Brainfreeze gather 7 members in Incit and totally rigged the vote for some pretty lame submissions. We did this to prove that Incit was pretty broken and could be used to gain a horrid amount of scoops unfairly. Unfortunately, we also made some people pretty mad as we trolled to pbum the time, and to them we apologize for being caught in the crossfire.

Having said that, we found that raiding Incit was a pretty crappy way to gain scoops. 1 scoop every 5 minutes for only 1 person? yeah, that was pretty dumb. When we realized we were starting to venture into TSB territory with the ruining of Incit, we decided to cease and desist.

As the coordinator of this protest, I take full responsibility for it. Do what you will, have a good night.

Shoot The Mo-
on

Avatar: 50637 Wed Apr 01 23:03:10 -0400 2009

[The Last Stand]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

signed

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

****, on top of that, alt-fail. signed

sport

[RPG Codex]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

You can prove a point and not be fabulous persons at the same time.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Jwred5 Posted:

We did this to prove that Incit was pretty broken and could be used to gain a horrid amount of scoops unfairly.

Having said that, we found that raiding Incit was a pretty crappy way to gain scoops.

quoted relevant parts

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

sport Posted:

You can prove a point and not be fabulous persons at the same time.

Indeed. Most painfully, I think it proved that 12 submissions per hour make it less than rewarding to try to abuse INCIT. INCIT ‘sploits don’t seem like a threat to me at all now. At least I’m not worried about it anymore.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

To be quite honest, I think we should simply abort the INCIT project. The project was faded to fail since the start.

Some flaws on it, in my opinion:

– Low scoop gain/hour – It could be considered as low as Forumbuildr, but on buildr you can submit more than 1 submission at once and these submissions can get more choc scoops than incit, even with the rampant downvoting. You’ll get 12 scoops/hour if you win ALL the 12 submissions you can send during that hour. It’s almost impossible to happen.

– Lack of sound to announce voting/new round: Yeah this is pretty obvious. 5 minutes for one submission is way too much. People get bored and go surf a little on the internet, and when they’re back, they lost their round with their submission disqualified because they didn’t get to vote. Don’t think adding a sound to announce voting/new rounds would hurt – if you don’t like it, you would simply remove it on your options.

– No real incentive to play – I watch incit a few times per week, and every time I go there, people are flaming, and submissing stuff like fine upstanding member of societyfine upstanding member of societyfine upstanding member of society and etc. You don’t need to troll to see people sending these as serious submissions all the time. And pics repeat more often than not, I know it’s hard to get new pics constantly, but when it gets to the point that someone infrequent to incit like me notice the pics were shown already once, you know something is wrong. I wonder how INCIT regulars react to this.

– No milestone E-Peens – On this very moment, the INCIT and the Hall of **** leaderboards are, for me, as broken as the Most Forums Pwned leaderboard. I don’t blame Orb or whoever is topping the leaderboards atm. The fact is, if you want to top these from zero, you’ll need to be on INCIT 24/7, or you’ll need to play for months. Orb took what, 5 months to reach his 1000 wins? Milestone E-Peens remove the incentive to play INCIT, as it removes the incentive to pwn forums to compete for the MFP leaderboard.

That’s the INCIT issue in my eyes, for now.

You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. You are enormously insignificant.

7VibratingLa-
ngston

Avatar: 64688 Sun Oct 19 21:42:40 -0400 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Fran Posted:

Words of Menstrual Wisdom.

-Up the speed.

-Add sound.

-Its for fun.

-Add peens.

Why don’t we just add all this? Trout you seem to be gay for INCIT adding it for iPhone, fix the motherland first!

Blazephlozard

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

UH OH

DROPSHIPS

Blazephlozard was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Blazephlozard edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

no

Douchous Max-
imus

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

i iz a monstrous homogay fine upstanding member of society-fabulous person

Request b& of entire brainfreeze klan for admitting to partaking in a bannable offense.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Douchous Maximus Posted:

Request b& of entire brainfreeze klan for admitting to partaking in a bannable offense.

Signed Log in to see images!

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Bannable? Really? Double ****. I musta missed a rules update.

Edit: Also, 7 characters are not the entirety of the klan.

markchd edited this message on 11/27/2008 1:46AM

Douchous Max-
imus

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/16057

Its been a bannable offense since the Snobby rejects that joined your klan ****ed about it.

Perhaps you should have asked them before taking part in highly illegal activities?

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Douchous Maximus Posted:

Good luck trying to ban an entire klan because of a few select people. Even more if said people never broke the rules before.

That being said, I acknowledge that I was wrong and if I’m to be banned, I’ll take the ban fair and square, as it should be. Log in to see images!

You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. You are enormously insignificant.

markchd

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Wow, even knowing to look in that thread, it took me a bit to find

Evil Trout Posted:

I’m happy to add this to the list of bannable offenses going forward.

Where is said list?

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Douchous Maximus Posted:

Its been a bannable offense since the Snobby rejects that joined your klan ****ed about it.

Perhaps you should have asked them before taking part in highly illegal activities?

You’re creating a storm in a glbum of water. We already apologized and even posted results on the experience. What else do you want, bash because your ego needs it? That could be borderline trolling, you know…

Fran edited this message on 11/27/2008 2:01AM

Douchous Max-
imus

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

Fran Posted:

You’re creating a storm in a glbum of water. We already apologized and even posted results on the experience. What else do you want, bash because your ego needs it? That could be borderline trolling, you know…

Right I get it, you guys sat there and blatantly broke the rules, even knew you were doing so, and suddenly its okay because you’re willing to take punishment?

No, that’s not punishment. Not in the vaguest of degrees. For it to be a punishment it has to actually mean something, this means NOTHING if you sit there and put your hands out, expecting the slap on the wrist.

Banning the whole Klan while harsh, will reinforce that your actions have farther reaching consequences than you think. Brainfreeze admitted to flagrant rule breaking, that members of their congregation lobbied to have put into place. This isn’t “oops my bad” this is “I knew what the consequences were and did it anyways”.

KaaVink

Avatar: 60693 Tue Oct 28 11:07:23 -0400 2008

[SRSLY]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’ll admit that I used to find INCIT fun when I first joined here. But that feeling soon waned because of most of the issues mentioned by Fran.

I think the moment I realised how silly INCIT had become was when I submitted a dumpvote entry for a picture I’d already seen (just to get the necessary 5 submissions) and that entry actually won.

I like the concept of INCIT, but it does need some adjusting.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Douchous Maximus Posted:

Right I get it, you guys sat there and blatantly broke the rules, even knew you were doing so, and suddenly its okay because you’re willing to take punishment?

No, that’s not punishment. Not in the vaguest of degrees. For it to be a punishment it has to actually mean something, this means NOTHING if you sit there and put your hands out, expecting the slap on the wrist.

Banning the whole Klan while harsh, will reinforce that your actions have farther reaching consequences than you think. Brainfreeze admitted to flagrant rule breaking, that members of their congregation lobbied to have put into place. This isn’t “oops my bad” this is “I knew what the consequences were and did it anyways”.

Don’t think I need to reply to something that contains only emotional rants instead of rationale. You’re only ****ed off because we posted this on the forums. If we didn’t actually went out of our way to comment, you’d ignore everything what happened. Trying to sound righteous doesn’t work, normally, because you fall on hypocrisy pretty fast.

I hope to see you making more posts to change INCIT in the future, and next time, with rationale, like we from Brainfreeze did. Not just a borderline nerd-rage because you want to see some bans for the lulz.

Fran edited this message on 11/27/2008 2:12AM

Jwred5

Avatar: 24279 Mon Nov 24 22:12:21 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pantsless Lord of the Sith

Douchous Maximus Posted:

You do realize that upvoting a poster and voting on submissions are two separate things right?

Having said that, I have no regret in staging this protest to display what I thought was a broken system. Having found that it is highly unusable as a form of scoop hording, we stopped. Had it been truly broken, I would have no qualms with abusing it til it was fixed.

The only thing I regret is that we nearly became TSB. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!