Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Flezz sink/Upkeep suggestion

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Upkeep is kind of a meaningless stat right now, what with all the high damage people can do. Forums just don’t hit you so frequently.

So how about, instead of equipment degrading when you’re hit, have it degrade when you use it — i.e., whenever you make an attack.

That’d put some strategy into spending points on Upkeep, and also be a means of causing you to spend   more frequently — a win-win from a balance perspective, IMO.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

I like this idea very much. Makes sense.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Cheer to that. I feel kinda stupid with the upkeep on both my chars as it never dips below 99 percent which means I spend nothing on maintenance.

DG-Root

Avatar: 86945 Fri Jan 30 20:49:15 -0500 2009

[Play INCIT]

Level 40 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

I thought that was how it worked. Good idea.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

This would hit permanoobs and hackers the hardest.

Why don’t they just remove the evade aspect of defense? And just make a standard miss percentage between all forums.

doctormale reproductive organtor

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

But when your equipment breaks, it just drains your ego, right? It doesn’t stop giving you the buffs, so why bother fixing it?

Broken equipment (as in 0%) needs to stop giving buffs.

notameme

[9 VIBRATING bumPLUGS]

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

As a low-level Episode 1 Player, i dont need another Flezz sink.

It looks like you care only about the Level 35 ubers.

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

was Posted:

This would hit permanoobs and hackers the hardest.

Why don’t they just remove the evade aspect of defense? And just make a standard miss percentage between all forums.

But that’s the STATED downside of being a hacker. You’ve got tons of equipment and thus need to invest higher in upkeep than other characters, partially balancing (in theory) the ridiculous advantages you get in stats from having so much powerful equipment. So far in my entire hacker run, he’s never had to pay more for maintainance than my troll and frankly, I’d probably be well served nearly dropping my upkeep to zero with how things are because even ten upkeeps ago I wasn’t paying crap for maintaining. Really, changes that hurt challenge clbumes or improve the degree to which a clbum fits its theme are better.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!