Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Whores Operation: Wife Beater

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Step 1: Split the speedrun times up based on clbum. That will instantly end all the ****ing about how today’s whipping boy clbum is ruining speedruns for everybody else.

I would fully support this motion… I mean, think about it, Trolls are supposed to be the “tank” clbum of FW, generally doing less damage than the other clbumes, but being able to roll with the punches alot better… As such, expecting them to pwn a forum as quickly as a say a camwhore (who is supposed to be the highly damaging but someone fragile “mage” clbum of FW) could be expected to is only going to lead to their attacks being made too powerful, which is exactly what ET is doing… However, if trolls (and indeed every clbum) had seperate speedrun times, each clbum could then be balanced to what they were supposed to be able to do as opposed to being slaves to all being equally good at pwning the same forum in the same amount of time, which is what’s happening now…

With seperate times for each clbum, you could make the speedrun times for trolls and permanoobs (and re-res I guess) relatively slow, as these clbumes should be expected to pwn more slowly, camwhores and hackers relatively high, as these clbumes should be expected to pwn more quickly and emo kids maybe somewhere in the middle (I don’t really know)...

I think this a really good idea, actually…

Captain Trek edited this message on 11/23/2008 9:53PM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Evil Trout Posted:

None of my changes should be considered final at this point, although I have overwhelming stats about Camwhores and Hackers being far more powerful than the other two core clbumes.

The thing I’m curious about is if you determine that clbumes A and B are about equally powerful, as are clbumes C and D but the A&B bracket is significantly more powerful than the C&D bracket, how do you know whether A&B are too powerful or C&D are too weak? As in, how can we be sure that the best solution here is to weaken Hackers and Camwhores instead of buffing Trolls and Emo Kids? Perhaps both are in order? I mean, it’s not as though the game (particularly the late game) is particularly challenging for anybody except Re-Res or Permanoobs.

Certainly, I think that the solution of “buffing Trolls and Emos” is going to be the most popular solution to the inequity here, though there is power creep to consider.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

was Posted:

Your defense is the reason the forums hit for 30. It is also the reason you get a high percentage of misses too. If you want to get hit for more then un-equip an item.

Also, I don’t think a “New GFoC and Faux News” will be enough. Many of the current forums should be adjusted.

Except ALL forums past a certain level are hitting for that, and at about the same frequency. EVERYTHING is hitting me for the same damage, and even though it puts me at an advantage it’s rather annoying.

And, um, I just suggested adjusting the current forums? Making the current highest level ones hit for hundreds of damage? I seem to remember that, or did I randomly forget how to type?

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Evil Trout Posted:

First of all telling people to game the system so you get the changes you want is a very special idea. You know thousands of people play Forumwarz every day right, and only a very small percentage read flamebate and would subscribe to your idea, don’t you?

Secondly, I know nobody likes negative adjustments to their clbumes, but in the long term it’s in everyone’s best interests to have a balanced game. None of my changes should be considered final at this point, although I have overwhelming stats about Camwhores and Hackers being far more powerful than the other two core clbumes.

I read every Tubmail people send me (including the long one you sent, OP) and I take their advice into consideration. Sure, sometimes things get lost in the noise but I am doing my best to make sure the game is solid here.

In terms of more challenging content, I think very soon we will start to see some new challenging forums and quests. I’ve got some great things in mind. It’ll just take some time to get things into place.

(BTW, even though the example I gave is currently only tracking damage, I obviously can and will be tracking many other stats too — I’m not sure how you got the idea I didn’t care about other attributes.)

Well ET, the fact of the matter is that the changes are negative now. We’ve waited ages for stronger forums and we’ve got none yet, in fact the latest forum is level 1. I mean *sigh*... Can’t you change some stuff back until stats other than offence matter?`like, change everything at once, because this just isn’t working.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

BlankTH Posted:

RERAILING THREAD:

I’m behind you 100% on this. I am one of the horde that has maxed my offence (I belive it’s at 93 or something). I’m also one of the players that are ****ed as **** about this nerfing crap. I mean I have a couple of alts with other clbumes, bet they’re all useless, I play camwhore. I would help you male reproductive organ woth the system, but I’m a ginormous domfabulous person (you can tell from my trophies eh? Log in to see images!), so maybe some other time.

To ET: Fix this ****, srsly ur ****in everyone off. At least the camwhores. Exept the trolls, they’re still fabulous personging around with their 400 attack. Also, I’m pretty sure emos don’t care either.

Btw, as a Troll I am ****ed off because the games just TOO GODDAMN EASY.

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Lord Shplane Posted:

Btw, as a Troll I am ****ed off because the games just TOO GODDAMN EASY.

poor you

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Evil Trout Posted:

First of all telling people to game the system so you get the changes you want is a very special idea.

Agreed, but flip that coin over. Basically every end-game player has already been gaming the system, and that’s no good.

Besides, if people actually did this you’d see player damage tanking as levels went up and get a pretty good idea of what’s going on.

Evil Trout Posted:

You know thousands of people play Forumwarz every day right, and only a very small percentage read flamebate and would subscribe to your idea, don’t you?

Yea, but since it can take several thousand bash/drool attacks to bring down a forum like PrayPal it wouldn’t take that many people to put a dent in the average.

Evil Trout Posted:

Secondly, I know nobody likes negative adjustments to their clbumes, but in the long term it’s in everyone’s best interests to have a balanced game.

I fully agree on the second point, which is half the reason I decided to do this. The other half, of course, is because ****ing around with **** like a male reproductive organ is a FW tradition.Log in to see images!two

As far as nerfing goes, since I’m not a domwhore (I dunno where those two trophies came from) I don’t care if it takes me a few extra rounds to pwn a thread.

Evil Trout Posted:

None of my changes should be considered final at this point, although I have overwhelming stats about Camwhores and Hackers being far more powerful than the other two core clbumes.

I wouldn’t have expected anything else. But like I’ve said, I’m more concerned about skew from people gaming the system to boost their scores.

Evil Trout Posted:

I read every Tubmail people send me (including the long one you sent, OP) and I take their advice into consideration. Sure, sometimes things get lost in the noise but I am doing my best to make sure the game is solid here.

That’s because this game is like your child, and you want what’s best for it.

Evil Trout Posted:

In terms of more challenging content, I think very soon we will start to see some new challenging forums and quests. I’ve got some great things in mind. It’ll just take some time to get things into place.

\o/

|

/ \

Evil Trout Posted:

(BTW, even though the example I gave is currently only tracking damage, I obviously can and will be tracking many other stats too — I’m not sure how you got the idea I didn’t care about other attributes.)

It’s not that you don’t care, it’s that you aren’t yet looking at them. That’s what makes male reproductive organfabulous personry like what I suggested possible.

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Identifying areas the statistics can be screwed with sounds like a good idea.

...Actually doing a concentrated effort to screw with them sounds like a bad slippery slope of disaster.

But you’re right, anyone who isn’t entirely gearing offense can’t compete in a sensible fashion and focusing on damage dealt really does only propagate the problem rather than resolve it.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Hackmeister Posted:

Identifying areas the statistics can be screwed with sounds like a good idea.

...Actually doing a concentrated effort to screw with them sounds like a bad slippery slope of disaster.

But you’re right, anyone who isn’t entirely gearing offense can’t compete in a sensible fashion and focusing on damage dealt really does only propagate the problem rather than resolve it.

It’s a two-step process. Step one is to identify a potential problem, and step two is to see if the potential problem is a REAL problem. Step two requires that you actually find a way to exploit the problem, then test it out.

If you act in secret and actually try to get something out of it, then that’s obviously the everyday exploiting and cheating that we all know and hate. If you act in secret and try to screw things up for the sake of screwing things up, then that’s just being a male reproductive organ and not going to resolve anything.

If you act in public and try to show the extent or possible extent of the problem, then that’s bug hunting.

Naturally I acted in public with all three intents, just because being an bumhat is a proud part of the FW culture. Log in to see images!

(Also, acting in public gets problems enough attention that the admins will take notice. HAY ET!)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!