Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
PC Games Paper Rock Scissors strategy?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

anyone got one? some mathematical theorem maybe?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I always use scissors.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

i always use paper and imagine its tp for my bungholio

BaconSupreme

Avatar: 77335 Sat Nov 08 20:57:52 -0500 2008

[The Bacon Stack]

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Always look at their hands and hope no one is watching too closely.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

I got bored one day and collected a bunch of results, couldn’t find a pattern, but maybe you guys can. I admittedly didn’t try very hard, as nothing obvious stuck out that could be a money/scoop making machine. I did notice a trend of paper 3 turns after a rock, but that was well within statistical measures.

mark1337

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Mersenne twister generates pseudo-random number (1-3)

Patterns will change with different seed numbers.

Sorry.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Fight random with random. Get a 3 sided die.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

don’t play it until they add ‘well’ as fourth option

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

i always use paper and imagine its tp for my bungholio

So if I play u irl I’ll always win Log in to see images!

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Is there a Paper Rock Scissors strategy?” dealt

also, male reproductive organs

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/338197

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 11/21/2008 11:51PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

handofg0d Posted:

Get a 3 sided die.

wow I would like to see one of these

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

I understand that Scissors can beat Paper, and I get how Rock can beat Scissors, but there’s no ****ing way Paper can beat Rock. Paper is supposed to magically wrap around Rock leaving it immobile? Why the hell cant paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this to people? Why aren’t sheets of college-ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they attempt to take notes in clbum? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody, a rock would tear that **** up in 2 seconds. When I play rock paper scissors I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say “oh **** I’m sorry I thought paper would protect you, bumhole”

angelgirl

Level 6 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

kittiejenn Posted:

I understand that Scissors can beat Paper, and I get how Rock can beat Scissors, but there’s no ****ing way Paper can beat Rock. Paper is supposed to magically wrap around Rock leaving it immobile? Why the hell cant paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can’t paper do this to people? Why aren’t sheets of college-ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they attempt to take notes in clbum? I’ll tell you why, because paper can’t beat anybody, a rock would tear that **** up in 2 seconds. When I play rock paper scissors I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say “oh **** I’m sorry I thought paper would protect you, bumhole”

Full.Of.Win.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

kittiejenn Posted:

But my scissors can still pwn u Log in to see images!

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

You just have to know the person you’re playing against, and sometimes, you have to lose to win a few rounds.

For example, you and a friend play RPS, best 3 out of 5 to see who gets this amazingly hot whore.

So, see here. First round is anything you want. If you win, good, ignore the following if you do win. If you lose, however, think about what they picked, and who you’re playing against. If your friend isn’t too bright, he/she/it/Log in to see images! picked ROCK, they’d probably pick PAPER next, if PAPER, probably SCISSORS, and if SCISSORS, probably ROCK.

So, for example:

Match one:

he/she/it/Log in to see images! picks ROCK

You pick SCISSORS

he/she/it/Log in to see images! – 1

You – 0

Match two: (using the previously described theory)

he/she/it/Log in to see images! picks PAPER

You pick SCISSORS

Now, that’s only the first two matches! You need 2 more wins to get that delicious whore! You see, after this, if your friend isn’t too bright, they probably think you are an idiot yourself, and will probably pick SCISSORS next round. So, if they think you’re going to pick SCISSORS, they will probably pick ROCK! Use this to your advantage and pick PAPER. bumuming they’re stupid enough to do this…

Match three:

he/she/it/Log in to see images! picks ROCK

You pick PAPER

he/she/it/Log in to see images! – 1

You – 2

Ah, you have the upper hand! Now, your idiot of a friend is very scared now, you’re one win away from a delicious, ****ty whore! Think to yourself now, they’ve picked ROCK twice and PAPER once. Out of human nature, they will probably pick SCISSORS next, because it’s the only thing they haven’t tried, and the other two have have failed him/her/it/Log in to see images! once each! Thanks to their idiotic human nature…

Match four:

he/she/it/Log in to see images! picks SCISSORS

You pick ROCK

And you win! That delicious whore is yours! But, wait, what if this doesn’t work? What if your friend here is actually intelligent? Ludicrous, I know, but pretend you have a smart friend. What if you and your friend are both playing intelligently, both analyzing previous games to know what the opponent is going to pick?

You fake them out, of course! Using the same general tactics as before, you should be able to win a game of Rock Paper Scissors, whether it be 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5, 4 out of 6, and so on!

Let’s use 3 out of 5 again, for simplicity’s sake.

Match one:

Your intelligent friend picks ROCK

You pick PAPER

Your intelligent friend – 0

You – 1

Ah, you were lucky and won the first match. Now, Match two can go two ways, depending on how YOU think your intelligent friend is going to react!

Match two:

Your intelligent friend picks ROCK.

STOP! This is a generic tactic. Picking the same thing twice, so that the opponent will switch to a losing choice, because the opponent bumumed you were going to pick… you know, I’ll explain it like this

1: ROCK vs. PAPER

2. ROCK vs. SCISSORS

In the first half, ROCK was picked out of pure randomness, as was SCISSORS. Match 2 was different. ROCK was picked to almost fake out the opponent. The opponent might think you are stupid and switch to PAPER to combat their possible ROCK, so they switch to SCISSORS to win that possible match! But no, you stay at ROCK again in the second match, to crush their SCISSORS to dust.

Now, for the second possible tactic, they may do the opposite of what I just explained.

1. ROCK vs. PAPER

2. SCISSORS vs. PAPER

Yes, YOU stay the same twice, rather than them, and they go in reverse order (PAPER, SCISSORS, ROCK rather than ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS) to get to the winning choice.

So, if you wish to combat the first method, you stay the same too. If you wish to combat the second method, you go in reverse order, too. It’s all about faking out the opponent.

Of course, you can just not pay attention and pick at random until it’s over. That whore was ugly in your opinion, anyway.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Inertia Posted:

wow I would like to see one of these

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Dice_by_number_of_sides#D3

Manar

Level 27 Hacker

“1337”

quangntenemy Posted:

But my scissors can still pwn u Log in to see images!

But then you will get some legal paper that will pwn you to jail, where the inmates will rock you hard!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

handofg0d Posted:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Dice_by_number_of_sides#D3

I roll my 100 sided die!

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

TL;DR: Rock Paper Scissors strategies don’t work on randomizing bots

I am not a math professor, but one thing that gamblers always fail to understand is that there is no stochastic link between one round of the game and the next. Meaning, if you lose 7 rounds in a row, there is no stochastic link that will magically increase the likelihood of you winning the next round.

Another example of this is, when flipping a coin, the likelihood of getting heads ten times in a row is less than 1 in 1000. If, however, you flip the coin and it comes up heads 9 times in a row, what is the likelihood the next flip will be heads? Nope, it will actually be a fifty fifty chance.

bumuming the bot, when trying to choose whether to play rock, paper, or scissors does not take into consideration what it played in the last game, all strategies are useless.

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

post deleted due to retardation and fail.

DICKFACEPANTS edited this message on 11/22/2008 2:10PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!