Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports Game balance changes

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Bling Fling Posted:

I don’t see why clbumes are being “balanced” the way they are. Forums are way too easy now and only offense counts: if we want to make the game more interesting, the first point of action would be to have forums that actually fight back. That way the Emo Ego mechanic can be made useful (read: over the top gamebreakingly overpowered), as well as Trolls’ high defense.

As in we’d have different clbumes with different strengths and weaknesses, and not just different background themes to look at while we mindlessly press 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2… ad infinitum, which seems to be where we’re heading at the moment.

Exactly my point. All this “balancing” really doesn’t make sense. ET just looks at the speedrun times and adjusts the damage, but that’s stupid. The endgame is way to easy and now Emos for example deal the same damage as camwhores, maybe even more, and also have a refresh rate of 1 for their best attacks. If they now make a challange forum Emos are ridiculously overpovered when their ego goes down and the damage up.

Most stats are useless now besides offense and nobody really need consumables except Hackers at some forums (Homo, Homicide) now, because their attacks suddenly need more PP.

Lelouch vi B-
ritannia

Level 30 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Yea, hackers got hit with MbumIVE pp costs. (Avtr, their best skill, went from about 5 to 10 pp).

Trolls are just ridiculous now. 400 dmg, 10 douch cost, and 1 refresh? (Compare with hacker’s avtr, 190 dmg, 10 PP, 1 refresh…Log in to see images!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I think Crotch Zombie is focusing on offense when the attribute that is having the most impact is defense. Though, I don’t know how any of the clbumes play with a level below 19.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Vuron Posted:

Well technically the role of the camwhore has always been the healer clbum.

Not really, the camwhore has always been a quick-damage-and-heal high-flezz clbum. They hit hard for a few rounds, then spend the next few licking their wounds. The abilities allow for a trade-off from Sexiness for ego, which in Ep1 meant that they would eat through sexiness at a pretty good clip and have to boost it with items. Admittedly, the sexiness restoring items worked out to be cheaper, but the burn rate on sexiness meant that they had to spend more turns downing items to keep up. It was a strange balance, but it kept things in check.

Of course, now Camwhores get 1k+ sexiness from Eq alone, so the need to restore it kinda goes out the window entirely for now.

Prior to this latest change: When fully attack speced, I was doing almost exactly 8x the base damage of every attack. That means that Fetish pics going from 300 to 225 drops my peak damage from 2.4k to 1.8k. With hand-bra being brought down from 250 to 200, my damage potential on that drops from 2k to 1.6k.

With this round of updates, I am no longer able to make SW runs where I one-shot every thread, meaning that it’s no longer possible for me to speedrun it. Trolls, on the other hand…

ET made one critically flawed decision with this update. He’s completely forgotten how things were pre-ep2, and decided to ‘balance’ things out for end-game players who are only able to hit forums of lower levels.

ET, you seriously need to create some virtual forums for your balance-bot to run. Give it level 35, the best eq, and some decent .moar files, and set it to run through some rank 34-65 forums with a normal spread of threads, pwnage, damage, and etc…

You need to see how hard a forum each clbum can take down, how far they get in them, how hurt they get in the process, what the upkeep would be from each run, how long it would take, how many healing items they would need to consume, and etc…

This NEEDS to be done ASAP. You know as well as I do that you don’t actually need to have a finished forum for your bot to work on it. You are perfectly capable of making ****ty placeholder forums or batch-cloning/adjusting other forums for this task. Do this now so that the balance changes you make now don’t come back to bite you in the bum in the coming weeks.

Vuron Posted:

However both clbumes with full kit are going to be able to 1-hit virtually every forum so I’m not sure the nerf was as bad as people make it out to be.

I can only one-shot every other thread when offense-speced, and I actually have a decent set of .moar files.

Vuron Posted:

Emos got buffed enough that they can one hit most forums without needing to be in the emo damage penalty. That is kinda nice although it will reduce the relevancy of the emo damage bonus even more.

Yes… until we get some stronger forums, at which point Emos will pave new roads out of the broken shards of threads like the mother****ing fist of north star.

Vuron Posted:

Permanoobs get no love D:

No ****, it’s a challenge clbum.

adorablecute-
kid

[woman's genitals Cats]

Level 31 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Bling Fling Posted:

As in we’d have different clbumes with different strengths and weaknesses, and not just different background themes to look at while we mindlessly press 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2… ad infinitum, which seems to be where we’re heading at the moment.

Agreed!

(and I didn’t even notice my attacks got nerfed until I read this thread)

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Amasius Posted:

Exactly my point. All this “balancing” really doesn’t make sense. ET just looks at the speedrun times and adjusts the damage, but that’s stupid. The endgame is way to easy and now Emos for example deal the same damage as camwhores, maybe even more, and also have a refresh rate of 1 for their best attacks. If they now make a challange forum Emos are ridiculously overpovered when their ego goes down and the damage up.

Most stats are useless now besides offense and nobody really need consumables except Hackers at some forums (Homo, Homicide) now, because their attacks suddenly need more PP.

Yeah, this entire rebalance has no sense at all, even more because ET simply decided to break a clbum that was fine.

supniggz

[Eight Vibrating Di-
ldoes
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Bling Fling Posted:

I don’t see why clbumes are being “balanced” the way they are. Forums are way too easy now and only offense counts: if we want to make the game more interesting, the first point of action would be to have forums that actually fight back. That way the Emo Ego mechanic can be made useful (read: over the top gamebreakingly overpowered), as well as Trolls’ high defense.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Bling Fling Posted:

You should try playing as a Hacker, then you get the benefits of pressing 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4…. ad infinitum. It makes for a good change of pace.

Arbiter

Avatar: 77516 Fri Nov 14 12:15:05 -0500 2008

Level 41 Hacker

Simply, greatest hacker evar.

yea it was not pleasant to see the cost of all our attacks get doubles, given their already low attack values and terrible refresh rates

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Wylin Posted:

Now:

Political Flamebait:

400 attack 1 refresh

and

Shock Sites

280 attack (still 1 refresh)

whoa kinda unnecessary imo.

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Yeah, I can’t say I see the point behind making hackers by far the worst non-challenge clbum. Our ability to speedrun is laughable when compared to a troll of similar level.

supniggz

[Eight Vibrating Di-
ldoes
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

troll ****ing rapes now

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

supniggz Posted:

troll ****ing rapes now

About damn time.

Higher base attack to offset lower natural Offense.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Healbot Posted:

About damn time.

Higher base attack to offset lower natural Offense.

... which works out to be the exact same result, thus making pointless the existence of any initial difference in the first place.

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Maybe this is the wrong thread for a suggestion, but what about making threads that strike first? That way you couldn’t just buff your offense and completely ignore defense and ego.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Amasius Posted:

Exactly my point. All this “balancing” really doesn’t make sense. ET just looks at the speedrun times and adjusts the damage, but that’s stupid.

Says who? Man you guys jump to conclusions.

Fran Posted:

Yeah, this entire rebalance has no sense at all, even more because ET simply decided to break a clbum that was fine.

I personally think using camwhores as the baseline is a bad idea, considering they do more damage than anyone else and the game is already too easy for the end game. Shouldn’t it be balanced to be easier than that first?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Evil Trout Posted:

I personally think using camwhores as the baseline is a bad idea, considering they do more damage than anyone else and the game is already too easy for the end game. Shouldn’t it be balanced to be easier than that first?

They used to do more damage than anyone else. Now they do *half* as much damage as trolls. Who were supposed to be a defense heavy clbum, not so offense heavy. With offense at 102, I’m doing less than 2k damage on Fetish Pics while trolls are posting that they’re getting 4k damage with their best hit.

While *most* forums are small enough that camwhores can still one-shot most threads, it doesn’t make sense (from this perspective anyway) to nerf the hell out of camwhores while giving everyone significantly more damage than we had to begin with.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Evil Trout Posted:

Isn’t it just the nature of RPGs that “everything is easy when you’re overleveled”? Is this really something worth addressing? “Pwning forums” in the endgame is never going to be particularly difficult, but that’s okay because there’s plenty of things to do in the endgame other than “pure forum pwning” (i.e. domination, chasing ePeen, Job Points, etc.) Short of making things terribly frustrating to the point that RNG plays a major role in whether or not you can actually beat the forum, will making the endgame harder really result in anything more than “more clicks for the same result”?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

spacekadt Posted:

They used to do more damage than anyone else. Now they do *half* as much damage as trolls. Who were supposed to be a defense heavy clbum, not so offense heavy. With offense at 102, I’m doing less than 2k damage on Fetish Pics while trolls are posting that they’re getting 4k damage with their best hit.

While *most* forums are small enough that camwhores can still one-shot most threads, it doesn’t make sense (from this perspective anyway) to nerf the hell out of camwhores while giving everyone significantly more damage than we had to begin with.

Well I just nerfed Trolls and Hackers too! I’m using the current Camwhore as a baseline for now.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!