Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Bug just ****ed me out of 24 Lemon Scoops... or 6 Domination Cards?

UnlimitedANC

Avatar: 62422 Tue Nov 11 20:35:45 -0500 2008

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Hey. Already submitted a bug report about this, no reply yet and I’d like this addressed before this week’s Dom closed since I’d was 3rd in my bracket and would be second as of today:

So, yesterday I was going to grab a domination card while tabbed browsing. I went to hit the back bumon on a different page, and accidentally hit back on the card selection screen. No big… scoops intact, back at the submit scoops screen. But I did notice that gave me three different cards when I proceeded again.

Not sure I saw what I did, I did once more to confirm it… and then a few more times, because **** those cards, I wanted back that switcheroo from my first page.

Cut forward to buying said switcheroo after coming from a screen that, as with the first submit, read that I was submitting 4 lemon scoops and would be left with 25. I check the leaderboards to use the damn card, and I’ve got one card and 1 lemon scoop left. It cost me 24 scoops for a single ****ing card.

I’m not super-pleased with this. I’d like 24 lemon scoops, or 6 random domination cards… something to level this back out. Thanks much.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Your fault for doing it that many times and not realizing something was going to go wrong.

You deserve the consequences.

UnlimitedANC

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Johnny Mac Posted:

Your fault for doing it that many times and not realizing something was going to go wrong.

You deserve the consequences.

“Your fault for not foreseeing that you were encountering glitches.” Thanks, Captain Foresight.

I might even agree with you, were people not receiving rollbacks for stacking Venuses before the economy broke, or had I not been ****ed out of my Dom win the first week of Ep.2 because some people claimed that speedrun times ‘didn’t seem balanced enough.’ Forget that, I didn’t win on lemon scoops anyway.

This is a legitimate glitch, and I’ve seen people compensated for baw-ing about **** like that… so I’d like some restitution myself.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

UnlimitedANC Posted:

”Your fault for not foreseeing that you were encountering glitches.” Thanks, Captain Foresight.

I might even agree with you, were people not receiving rollbacks for stacking Venuses before the economy broke, or had I not been ****ed out of my Dom win the first week of Ep.2 because some people claimed that speedrun times ‘didn’t seem balanced enough.’ Forget that, I didn’t win on lemon scoops anyway.

This is a legitimate glitch, and I’ve seen people compensated for baw-ing about **** like that… so I’d like some restitution myself.

Yeah I don’t support any of the compensation for glitches, it’s part of the game imo.

Ming

Avatar: 29595 Fri Dec 12 10:14:13 -0500 2008

[Good Omens]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Common sense says you shouldn’t be able to redraw cards until you get ones you like, so I’d say this isn’t a bug, so much as an error catching omission. There should probably be a warning if you navigate away from the page without selecting a card that you’re going to lose scoops, or else as you say, random card picked from the available selection. But I wouldn’t say this should be a high priority on ETs list to fix.

Ming edited this message on 11/17/2008 10:07PM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Ming Posted:

Common sense says you shouldn’t be able to redraw cards until you get ones you like, so I’d say this isn’t a bug, so much as an error catching omission. There should probably be a warning if you navigate away from the page without selecting a card that you’re going to lose scoops, or else as you say, random card picked from the available selection. But I wouldn’t say this should be a high priority on ETs list to fix.

Usually I navigate away from the page to check on stuff, then go back until I’m at the pick a card screen. Since the cards are unique they remain there.

Buying more cards while you haven’t chosen your original card is a bad idea.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

UnlimitedANC Posted:

No big… scoops intact, back at the submit scoops screen. But I did notice that gave me three different cards when I proceeded again.

Not sure I saw what I did, I did once more to confirm it… and then a few more times, because **** those cards, I wanted back that switcheroo from my first page.

Not to be mean, but the first time was a glitch.

Verifying it was nice, so you could file a proper bug report.

The other 4 times as you tried to reshuffle cards to get what you wanted, was an attempt to exploit what you perceived as a bug and karma biting you in the rear.

Probably not terribly high on the priority fix list, you know?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

The actual bug (the one that allowed you to acquire infinite cards & scoops) has been previously exploited, reported, and fixed. Part of that fix was to implement the repercussions you encountered.

As scully said, Once is an Error, 6 times is Exploitation.

Lesson learned, pay more attention to what you’re doing next time, and better luck in your next Dom Round.

UnlimitedANC

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

If there wasn’t any explicitly stated repercussion, how exactly were the consequences justified? All I was trying to do in refreshing was et the card I originally wanted, not stack or dupe anything.

But then, while some people get e-peen for finding exploits, I apparently just get raped. Given my luck, it figures. ****ing… whatever. I’ll win next week, if I still give a ****.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Here’s how it should work, and how I expect that it already does work – not having actually used it, but just how I would expect the system to work.

*Ding*

You buy a card.

*Ding*

Your scoops are taken (as it says it will), and you’re given a choice of cards.

*Ding*

Your ****ing browser crashes, or you wait on actually buying the card, or you switch tabs while the page loads and forget about it, or whatever.

*Ding*

You go back to the “buy a dom card” screen. You’re presented with your previous options for a card until you pick one.

What exactly is so difficult about this sequence of events that makes it so that it hasn’t yet been implemented to keep an issue like this from occurring?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

FalconFour Posted:

Here’s how it should work, and how I expect that it already does work – not having actually used it, but just how I would expect the system to work.

*Ding*

You buy a card.

*Ding*

Your scoops are taken (as it says it will), and you’re given a choice of cards.

*Ding*

Your ****ing browser crashes, or you wait on actually buying the card, or you switch tabs while the page loads and forget about it, or whatever.

*Ding*

You go back to the “buy a dom card” screen. You’re presented with your previous options for a card until you pick one.

What exactly is so difficult about this sequence of events that makes it so that it hasn’t yet been implemented to keep an issue like this from occurring?

It worked like that for me a while ago. Not sure if this has been changed.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Of course, I do see that the “bug” could be caused by going “back” and getting stale cached information. Going back will ALWAYS show the same thing unless you’re on a secure (HTTPS) connection, it doesn’t show new information. So duh, you’ll see that those scoops were still there.

The fix for that would obviously be “HAY, you bought your card but didn’t pick one, here they are again”.

But the bug that there would be 24 lost scoops and only one card actually purchased would net you a nasty visit from the BBB if that were a real business. Log in to see images!

UnlimitedANC

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Seriously. Whether or not it’s an ‘exploit’ with ‘consequences,’ my initial run-in with it was accidental, and I still would’ve lost 4 scoops or a dom card, which – yes – could break a whole ****ing round.

I’m done bawwwing about personal cirgreat timesstance, because I’m still enough of a Domfabulous person addict to be going for min scoops now as a consolation prize… but the bug should still be fixed, here.

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 25677 Tue Mar 31 17:59:16 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

purchace championchips

You did it multiple times, not just once or twice. If anything, you only deserve 8 scoops/2 cards back.

If something odd is going on with your game, then unless you report the bug AS SOON AS ITS HAPPENING, then don’t complain about it. My bet is that you were simply trying to exploit the system, it didn’t work out like you wanted, and now you’re ****ing.

Answer this. If you had bought 6 cards and noticed that you still had your 24 Lemon, would you have started a thread in here demanding that your 24 Lemon Scoops be removed?

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

UnlimitedANC Posted:

because **** those cards, I wanted back that switcheroo from my first page.

If you could pick whatever cards you got at “random” domination would be messed up even farther.

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 25677 Tue Mar 31 17:59:16 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

purchace championchips

UnlimitedANC Posted:

**** those cards, I wanted back that switcheroo from my first page.

This is where you erred. You weren’t simply verifying a bug, you were attempting to exploit the ‘bug’. You thought you’d found a way to get exactly the card you wanted. And you didn’t report it until you realized that you got screwed by your own greed.

In other words, you failed, please try again. Continuing to whine about it only makes you look even worse.

SIG-ENABLING-MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 11/18/2008 8:23PM

UnlimitedANC

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

UnlimitedANC Posted:

Seriously. Whether or not it’s an ‘exploit’ with ‘consequences,’ my initial run-in with it was accidental, and I still would’ve lost 4 scoops or a dom card, which – yes – could break a whole ****ing round.

I’m done bawwwing about personal cirgreat timesstance, because I’m still enough of a Domfabulous person addict to be going for min scoops now as a consolation prize… but the bug should still be fixed, here.

Quoted for ignorant people who fail to realize that I no longer care about the ‘divine retribution’ I received, but would still like the bug attended to. Learn to read, thanks.

You guys are right, I don’t deserve to get **** back, but I’m still trying to highlight the problem. Would’ve happened whether I got greedy after the first run-in or not – and I’d like for it not to happen to others.

UnlimitedANC edited this message on 11/19/2008 7:16AM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

I just find it humorous that within 12 hours you went from ’I want my scoops back!’ to ’I’m just trying to perform a public service by warning everyone of the bug’.

Thanks for the warning, I guess. Hopefully next time you encounter a bug you’re able to realize it immediately and not end up having to test it 6 times to confirm it.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

The bug still needs to be addressed. For the love of god, stop whining and complaining about trying to get something out of how the system appeared to be working. There are so many oddities and glitches in this game that it MAY AS WELL HAVE BEEN appropriate design that you could go back and pick another card.

The bug remains that if you don’t actually PICK a card on that screen, FOR WHAT THE HELL EVER REASON, you lose both your scoops AND the opportunity to select a card. That is simply what we call “a big bug”. So fix it, please.

John Fitzger-
ald Kennedy

Avatar: 43547 2009-10-17 10:48:44 -0400

[Dead Presidents So-
ciety
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

FalconFour Posted:

[i][b]There are so many oddities and glitches in this game that it MAY AS WELL HAVE BEEN appropriate design that you could go back and pick another card.

That doesn’t make any sense. If you could go back and redo your 4 scoop submission to get any card you wanted, then why not simply allow a player to cherry-pick the card they want to begin with? The very fact that you are given three random cards is a strong implication that you are not allowed to get the exact card you want each time.

It’s called common sense.

The bug does need to be fixed, but not because it’s contradictory or misleading. It needs to be fixed simply because it’s a bug. If someone goes poking around for an exploitation and falls into a punji trap, too bad.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!