Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me The German wikipedia is closed down

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Just take a look:

http://www.wikipedia.de/

I have no idea why though, maybe somebody who can speak German could tell me about it.

Captain_Amaz-
ing

Avatar: 82700 Sun Nov 09 11:06:38 -0500 2008

Level 29 Hacker

“1337”

As a first guess, and some help from babel fish, it SEEMS to be a problem with the domain name. It looks as though the government (or whatever regional court is) has gotten involved.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

google translator says:

With the interim order of the District of Luebeck November 13, 2008, obtained by Lutz Heilmann, MP (The Left), it will be the Wikimedia Deutschland eV prohibited, “the Web address wikipedia.de at the Internet address de.wikipedia.org forward”, while ” at the Internet address de.wikipedia.org “certain statements about Lutz Heilmann be made. Bis auf Weiteres muss das Angebot auf wikipedia.de in seiner bisherigen Form daher eingestellt werden. Until further notice, the offer on wikipedia.de in its present form therefore be terminated. Der Wikimedia Deutschland eV hat gegen den Beschluss Widerspruch eingelegt. Wikimedia Deutschland eV voted against the appeal decision.

[16. [16th November]: Herr Heilmann hat erklärt, er würde die einstweilige Verfügung zurückziehen. November]: Mr. Heil husband has said he would withdraw injunction. Sobald die Verfügung aufgehoben ist, werden wir unser Suchangebot wiederherstellen. Once the injunction is lifted, we will search our bid to restore.

Der Wikimedia Deutschland eV ist nicht Anbieter der unter de.wikipedia.org zugänglich gemachten “Wikipedia” und hat auch keinen Einfluss auf die in der Online-Enzyklopädie abrufbaren Inhalte. Wikimedia Deutschland eV is not among the providers de.wikipedia.org made available “Wikipedia” and has no influence on the online encyclopedia available content. Der Wikimedia Deutschland eV ist vielmehr ein gemeinnütziger Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens, der lediglich über die Anwendung der Wikipedia aufklärt. Wikimedia Deutschland eV is a non-profit bumociation to promote free knowledge, only on the application of Wikipedia shed. Betreiber der Enzyklopädie ist die in der Anbieterkennzeichnung der Enzyklopädie genannte Wikimedia Foundation , eine in Florida, Vereinigte Staaten, inkorporierte Stiftung mit Sitz in San Francisco. Operators of the encyclopedia is in the Anbieterkennzeichnung the encyclopedia called the Wikimedia Foundation, an in Florida, United States, incorporated foundation with headquarters in San Francisco.

Für die überwältigende Unterstützung durch E-Mails, Anrufe, Blogeinträge und Spenden möchten wir uns vielmals bedanken. For the overwhelming support through e-mails, phone calls, blog entries and donations, we would like to thank very much. Wenn Sie uns weiterhin unterstützen wollen, können Sie uns eine Spende zukommen lbumen . If you still want to support us, you can send a donation. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter http://spenden.wikimedia.de/ . For more information, visit http://spenden.wikimedia.de/. Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe! Thank you for your help!

Wir danken der Kanzlei JBB Rechtsanwälte für die schnelle und kompetente Hilfe. We thank the law firm JBB lawyers for the quick and competent help.

which, most of it didn’t help.. something legal..

Wylin edited this message on 11/16/2008 5:01PM

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

With provisional order of the regional court Luebeck, it will be down ultill they change all the domain to “de.wikipedia.org”

Somebody

Avatar: 51757 2010-03-05 21:47:01 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Klanhop Extraordinaire

Theo de Raadt

Avatar: 72133 Fri Jan 02 12:04:19 -0500 2009

[Late Yak Sectarian]

Level 31 Hacker

My brain is so full of **** that I have to spew it on Flamebate so I don't have to suffer a lobotomy

“The controversial statements include Heilmann’s past as a member of the infamous East German Secret Service — the Stasi — and allegations that he has threatened an ex-boyfriend.”

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Mr. Heilmann seems to have come to his senses (translated press release from the idiot who’s responsible for the mess)

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

holy crap he’s called heilmann

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Simple to explain: Some unimportant German politician from the left-wing party read some unpleasing information about him on the German Wikipedia. He claims that the information is not not true, but he wasn’t able to get it removed from the article. And as it would be too easy to notify someone from Wikipedia about it and let them lock the article, he decided to give it a shot at the court. Of course, he couldn’t do anything against Wikipedia itself, but he got the domain wikipedia.de closed down for a few hours. As the information was removed, the domain is going to be reopened very soon. That’s it.

FalCoN edited this message on 11/16/2008 5:35PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

they are not allowed to link anymore, which is such a dumb decision. that guy from he newly formed party “die linke” (which is the left, as you may have guessed) argues that german wikipedia links to stuff about him on other versions of wikipedia in foreign countries.

nobody cares about him, or even knows him, he wanted to have his 5 minutes of fame and the page will be back up shortly.

don’t mess with teh internet, ****

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

bah it was only the domain www.wikipedia.de that was closed

The real thing was never taken down according to that news article

minor case, not worth mentioning.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!