Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho No word can describe my frustration now that my 55 hard earned Venus de Milos have become half priced

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Evil Trout Posted:

I dunno, part of me feels like I should re-imburse you, but then the other part thinks that you were just stockpiling as a way to try and avoid nerfs and that you were taking a risk in doing so.

FWIW, I was just holding on to my deliveries for the sake of staying out of the way of people who wanted to try to top the Flezz leaderboard. I got the ePeen and, even though the new ePeen system means it hurts my ePeen length every time someone else gets it, I’d rather see people have a chance to do it than need to ask everyone above them for permission (which they have been nice enough to grant thus far, though that is likely to stop with the ned ePeen system).

It would have been nice to have the chance to sell my Venus de Milos (and other varied junk) before they all lost so much value. But, it doesn’t really matter to me until there’s something I can do with the Flezz.

However, I have been holding onto 91 of them, so I don’t know if anyone lost quite as much Flezz in the change as I did. (Come on. Who was holding onto the most Venus de Milos? Who was screwed the most?)

So, I’ll agree that some warning about these changes would be nice (and would definitely make people less ****ed), but I think it would be more nice if there was something I could with my art gallery (of junk) besides watch it depreciate in value.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Bumping for justice.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Meh, you get to benefit from a change that will permanently keep newer players in a second clbum position. Yes you will likely be unable to catch up on the  board now but realistically that board is utterly ****ed currently.

Honestly both   and forums pwned need to be retired as active leaderboards. Flezz isn’t quite as static as forums pwned but it’s getting there. If leaderboards require that someone ahead of you goes inactive then they are more a function of endurance rather than any sort of gamebased skill. Further they’ve always inspired a mbumive amount of angst as people struggle to catch up with the people in front of them.

I’d rather introduce milestone peens like 5 million   10 million  , 15 million   that way people can slowly track to the milestones rather than beg people above them to quit. I think you could do something similar with the forums pwned leaderboard such as a e-peen every 250 forums pwned, etc.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Vuron Posted:

Honestly both   and forums pwned need to be retired as active leaderboards. Flezz isn’t quite as static as forums pwned but it’s getting there. If leaderboards require that someone ahead of you goes inactive then they are more a function of endurance rather than any sort of gamebased skill. Further they’ve always inspired a mbumive amount of angst as people struggle to catch up with the people in front of them.

I agree entirely. There is an essential problem with lifetime leaderboards that a new player will never be able to challenge for; since they will never be able to challenge for those boards they just won’t pay attention to them. Because people don’t pay attention to those boards, they don’t care about them or really respect them. As the game ages, more and more of game’s demographics will be made up of people who were newbies when those boards were entirely unavailable to them and more and more of the oldbies who are or were in position to challenge for those boards will get bored and wander off/become inactive.

I have to say though, that if a functioning player economy is implemented, whereby people can buy and sell BP, moar files, and pieces of .moar files, the Flezz leaderboard could become relevant to players who aren’t already close. Simply because a new player could show up, make a donation for some BP, sell them for mad flezz, and play the market on .moar files (or whatever) and eventually become filthy stinking rich.

As it stands, though, the Flezz leaderboard probably doesn’t mean that much except to people who are on it, are close to it, or are easily impressed.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Evil Trout Posted:

I dunno, part of me feels like I should re-imburse you, but then the other part thinks that you were just stockpiling as a way to try and avoid nerfs and that you were taking a risk in doing so.

This.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Doesn’t look like my request will be fulfilled but bumping this thread anyway Log in to see images!

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

why should a cheater be refunded because the prices of de milo’s got halfed?

this doesnt make sense

Fook mi

Avatar: 38190 Sat Jan 17 06:06:58 -0500 2009

[International Comm-
ittee of Doctors
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Wasn’t really cheating, just stockpiling out of fear of being screwed by economy changes.

Kind of ironic really.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I hear ya bro, same goes with me. Except I didn’t have that many.

I stockpile mainly because I sell only at certain days when I can ask haxl to give me max frugality so I could maximise sell price. But as I had all the flezz I need for practical use, I didn’t feel the desperate need to go over to ppwn shoppe everyday to sell my junks.

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

You’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t; welcome to the economy!

Honestly, yes it’s harsh, but chance is always going to be an element in this game (particularly when rebalances come into play).

As for the Flezz leaderboard: since there are plenty of people who had a year headstart on me, I haven’t even looked at it. I just bumumed I don’t have a chance.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!