Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Good Idea/Bad Idea? Rare Threads

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I like this idea. maybe there could even be a ‘peen bumociated with pwning a few rare threads.

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Signed

I think that there should be not just one thread, rather a rare forum. Probably like what has already been said, a chance of say <1% that your forum, once you FINISH pwning it, can revive itself as a rare forum, with increased difficulty. There could be a second difficulty meter showing how strong a rare forum will be. Something like:

Denture Chat_____Difficulty: 1______If rare: 5

Or something of the sort. The thread should only be able to become rare after fulfilling the storyline requirements, so you’re not trying to pwn a forum that’s higher levels then you are, just to get your bum kicked when it goes rare on you. Actually, it would work almost exactly like Paranoid Panorama, when you finished the forum, only to find a sub-forum. At the end of the rare forum, there needs to be some type of extreme bonus in relation to the thread, like getting 5x cred, getting to pick .moar parts you need, getting a random .moar file completed for you (it would have to be clbum specific, so you don’t end up a camwhore doing all that work only to get a .moar that boosts Douchebaggery ) or something.

Personally, I think this would work pretty well.

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

Captain Trek Posted:

I like this idea too… You can add my screen name to the petition list… Log in to see images!

As long as we’re rolling with the theme of having story characters as the bosses, I guess other ideas might include (and i’m just throwing these out here, I’m not saying they’re all good)...

DrrtyCop74 over on Something Lawful

CutiePie12xo perhaps making an apperance over at Lil’ Pony Groomers )failing miserably to pretend he’s a 12 year old girl, as usual, his attacks perhaps consisting of progressively more and more outlandish “proof” of his indentity as a little girl)

Futanari-moe possibly showing up on the newly minted Fap Quest forum

HOY$CHEL checking in to Affluence Anonymous

Bruce Bear browsing Sensuous Seamen and/or 2chin (if his avatar is anything to go by)

Reilly O’Bill storming in to “straighten out” the KKK and Faux News (the two forums are a similar level so I’d imagine you could pretty much copy-paste the same boss fight from one forum to the other…

A perhaps slightly more interesting one I just thought of is running into Anonymous trolling any forum in the game (except maybe for Coral Springs, as he might not have the pbumword)... His difficultly could scale, either relative to the level of the forum he’s on, or it could scale relative to your level like the way Adventure Quest does it…

Again, just thought I’d throw those out there… Log in to see images!

I’m fairly sure that a few days ago I saw cutiepie on pony groomers but I could’ve been mistakin.

XxXx402xXxXx

Avatar: 77483 Sat Oct 25 21:10:48 -0400 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Okay, I’ve been reading a lot of the ideas here and trying to synthesize them into something that would work. I used my permanoob to take some screenshots and edit them to simulate what this might look like (please forgive my mediocre photoshop ability, the red lines are where I cut out empty space to make the pictures a bit smaller):

You enter a forum like normal and start pwning threads. If you’ve pwned the forum at least once already then you have a .5% (that’s 1/200) chance of a rare thread appearing (that’s for the entire visit, not for each thread, though depending on how the coding works this could change—maybe a .1% (1/1000) chance per thread or something). If you happen to be so lucky, after pwning a thread you might get:

It’s exactly the same as when a boss thread appears, only with a wonderful MSPaint quality popup. Then you’ll be sent to the thread list.

There it is! So long as you pwn the rare thread you’ll get the loot, so if you’re a lowbie and running short on restoratives, it might be wise to go for the rare thread first on the off chance that you won’t get through the rest of the remaining threads. Now let’s take a look inside:

It’s our old friend Ophelia! Yes, I know it looks awkward that all four posts are from her, but since that’s how Ravit’s boss thread was, I’m guessing it’s easier to code that way. Also note that the thread has roughly 2x the required pwnage as the other threads in Woe Is Us. Start pwning.

For all intents and purposes consider a rare thread just a double-powered version of a normal thread for that forum. Once you beat the thread, you’ll get your normal .moar file and maybe 2x the cred. I really didn’t think it was necessary to make another gigantic fake screenshot for that. Now when your real reward comes is in the mail the next day. If you pwned a rare thread, then your delivery will contain a gift from the character you beat.

Hooray! Now just take it and go to your inventory to see what it can do.

Why, the “special items” equip slot finally has a purpose. This is where equippable gifts from your contacts go. For obvious reasons, Ophelia’s item is best suited for an emo kid, and its stats are around the appropriate level for the level 9 forum it came from. It’s certainly a better choice to equip than that outdated old male reproductive organblaster.

So…. whaddya think?

EDIT: Fixed the percents for how often you could find them. Depending on the system either .5% chance per forum or .1% chance per thread. I also think I’ll add links to these pictures to the first post of the thread for easier access
XxXx402xXxXx edited this message on 11/19/2008 3:14PM

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

What do I think? Win… complete and utter win… Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

The fact you designed all of this out, ET should do this. Now

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Absolute genius. Yes plz.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Mbumive thumbs up.

mooseknuckle

Level 32 Troll

“Permafail”

Make this priority numero uno

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

I’d suck its male reproductive organ!

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

I dunno about calling attention to it with the big red flags and such, it should just be a matter of seeing the NPC pop up in their forum of residence.

But other than that, the idea is brilliant with incorporating the drop into deliveries and everything.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

XxXx402xXxXx Posted:

Okay, I’ve been reading a lot of the ideas here and trying to synthesize them into something that would work. I used my permanoob to take some screenshots and edit them to simulate what this might look like (please forgive my mediocre photoshop ability, the red lines are where I cut out empty space to make the pictures a bit smaller):

You enter a forum like normal and start pwning threads. If you’ve pwned the forum at least once already then you have a .5% (that’s 1/200) chance of a rare thread appearing (that’s for the entire visit, not for each thread, though depending on how the coding works this could change—maybe a .1% (1/1000) chance per thread or something). If you happen to be so lucky, after pwning a thread you might get:

It’s exactly the same as when a boss thread appears, only with a wonderful MSPaint quality popup. Then you’ll be sent to the thread list.

There it is! So long as you pwn the rare thread you’ll get the loot, so if you’re a lowbie and running short on restoratives, it might be wise to go for the rare thread first on the off chance that you won’t get through the rest of the remaining threads. Now let’s take a look inside:

It’s our old friend Ophelia! Yes, I know it looks awkward that all four posts are from her, but since that’s how Ravit’s boss thread was, I’m guessing it’s easier to code that way. Also note that the thread has roughly 2x the required pwnage as the other threads in Woe Is Us. Start pwning.

For all intents and purposes consider a rare thread just a double-powered version of a normal thread for that forum. Once you beat the thread, you’ll get your normal .moar file and maybe 2x the cred. I really didn’t think it was necessary to make another gigantic fake screenshot for that. Now when your real reward comes is in the mail the next day. If you pwned a rare thread, then your delivery will contain a gift from the character you beat.

Hooray! Now just take it and go to your inventory to see what it can do.

Why, the “special items” equip slot finally has a purpose. This is where equippable gifts from your contacts go. For obvious reasons, Ophelia’s item is best suited for an emo kid, and its stats are around the appropriate level for the level 9 forum it came from. It’s certainly a better choice to equip than that outdated old male reproductive organblaster.

So…. whaddya think?

EDIT: Fixed the percents for how often you could find them. Depending on the system either .5% chance per forum or .1% chance per thread. I also think I’ll add links to these pictures to the first post of the thread for easier access

Quality. Signed.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

This isn’t a bad idea at all

XxXx402xXxXx

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Awesome. I’m glad this is so popular and so many people were able to help.

So, uh… is there anything really that I can do to bring this to Crotch Zombie’s attention/consideration? Write a list of all the signs and tubmail someone? Or do I just hope eventually a mod skims this thread?

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

This is great, but I have one more question. In your plan, are the rare threads appearing at the start of the visit? Because In all honesty, they should really only appear maybe 2-3 threads in so no one can just go “OH HAY IS THIS A RAER THREAD?!?!? NO OKEY *leaves forum and returns*”

If Trout doesn’t put this in, this will be the most bumhurt on the internet since gaiafabulous persons found out their pixel swords wouldn’t do **** for them in their ****ty battle game.

XxXx402xXxXx

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Zeta Posted:

This is great, but I have one more question. In your plan, are the rare threads appearing at the start of the visit? Because In all honesty, they should really only appear maybe 2-3 threads in so no one can just go “OH HAY IS THIS A RAER THREAD?!?!? NO OKEY *leaves forum and returns*”

If Trout doesn’t put this in, this will be the most bumhurt on the internet since gaiafabulous persons found out their pixel swords wouldn’t do **** for them in their ****ty battle game.

Nope, not at the start of the visit. Krakmunky pointed that problem out on page 1. The reason there’d need to be a whole “rare thread!” notification to begin with is because it’ll have to work so that the thread only appears after pwning a few. That way you’d have to spend a forum visit to check for a rare.

Now if only I could figure out how to get a mod/CZ person to look at this thread… Log in to see images!

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Keep this bumped. Let’s get some word on this from CZ. This is a seriously good idea and provides means to give new items to a slot in sore need.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Is this a good idea or a bad idea? There should be rare threads.dealt

also, male reproductive organs

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/338197

Madame Troll-
op

Avatar: 61832 Mon Oct 20 01:16:09 -0400 2008

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Very awesome idea! I’d love to see this; it’d add a lot more of that Forumwarz flavor to the endgame.

Canadian Kit-
ten

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Best

Idea

Evar

!!!!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!