Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Forumwarz Mbum Marketing M-M-Megathread: How would you pitch our game?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Hey guys,

As you will shortly be able to glean from our HOTT new homepage (if you re-login after Domination is published), Forumwarz is preparing to leave Beta mode and entering the wonderful, scary world of Alpha Site status.

We’re going to try to seed FWZ with a new influx of users. By seeing some fresh avatars, building a bigger community and getting the forums lively again, we think it’ll enhance the whole experience for everybody.

It would be really awesome if the Forumwarz veterans who have stuck around — the True Believers — would help us get the word out when we start pimping this **** out like a dried-up old hooker. And rest bumured, there will be a “call to action” (ugh, marketing talk is lame) for that sort of thing soon.

In the meantime, we were wondering exactly how we should pitch our warez…how would you explain FWZ in one line? What would make people want to Digg our ****?

We had some taglines in mind, but we’ve always struggled with self-promotion. Some of it is too vague, or just too “insider.”We toyed with stuff like “The Internet, in game form,” but we’re not sure that’s enticing.

Anyone have any ideas? We know we MIGHT have mbum appeal, but the fact that Forumwarz is kind of unusual makes it a tough sell. Any input would be much appreciated!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

No ideas yet (I might yet have some, give me time), but can I just say that the new page looks awesome?

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Annoying Banner ads. It’s perfect. Someone needs to film themselves Pwning all of the forums and upload in to youtube. Then we will post a link to it on high profile gaming sites saying they are stupid for playing such a crappy game. Then others of us will be total trolls and say how awesome the game is and how they are being trolls for posting it. The pages and pages of “heated discussion” will be our own style of viral marketing.

If that fails well stick the game on every Top Games list that will take us.

Better yet lets use all 3.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

I’ll post posters IRL if that’ll help (I hope it does!)

Forumwarz: All the fun of being an bumhole, none of the punish ment.

f

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

ive told a lot of friends about this, but they just dont get it. ****ing newbs.

Oh_No_Shrubs

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Yeah, everyone in my clan is a brand spankin’ new member from this forum we all go to.

Word of mouth seems to be working fairly well.

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

I'M BETTER THAN EVIL TROUT AT HALO 3

Yeah our forum is totally awesome.

You should have gotten a commercial during the Superbowl that would have worked. Log in to see images! fallingeastward edited this message on 02/09/2008 7:11PM

Ved

[Soviet Zircadia]

Level 20 Camwhore

TUBMAIL ME FOR mammary glands

I’ve told some people already and I’ll tell some more people on IRC.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

You should have gotten a tubmail from me about this, but we’re encouraging people to Digg forumwarz.

Click here to go to Digg.

If you’ve got an account we’d appreciate the Digg Log in to see images!

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

I dugg it can I get something special Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

fallingeastward Posted:

I dugg it can I get something special Log in to see images!

Here’s an E-Peen™ extesion for you!

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

oh god my epeen is so big right now thank you

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

I want to **** you like an ANIMAL!!!!

Dugg it.

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

I , also, dugg.

Have you considered a new Something Awful thread? If you bought a few ads it could drum up a bit of interest.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Cicadalek Posted:

I , also, dugg.

Have you considered a new Something Awful thread? If you bought a few ads it could drum up a bit of interest.

I’d love to start a new SA thread, as the last one got us enough users to handle the Beta, and there’s been a lot of new stuff since then (ForumBuildr, Domination). I just haven’t yet because I felt like it would be too much like advertising if I was like “Hey everyone, come play my game!”.

Now if a fan made a comprehensive thread, that would be awesome Log in to see images!

We’ll definitely be buying some ads on there for sure, it’s just an issue of us putting together some banner graphics and stuff. We have tons of ideas for great ads, and I’ll probably start making some tomorrow.

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

Make an ad with a giant male reproductive organ that says “holy **** forumwarz is more fun than when i get put in a woman's genitals”

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

I want to **** you like an ANIMAL!!!!

fallingeastward Posted:

Make an ad with a giant male reproductive organ that says “holy **** forumwarz is more fun than when i get put in a woman's genitals”

since they have never had sex, this ad would not appeal to the game’s target demographic

i.e. me

merreborn

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Found this game via the digg post. ****ing love it. Thing is, given the nature of the content, the appeal is always going to be pretty limited. Those who get it will think it’s the best thing evar, but most people won’t get it.

I submitted it to boingboing. Figured they might appreciate the “Rory Doctor O” NPC.

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

fallingeastward Posted:

You should totally do this btw. Log in to see images!

I might try making a thread about forumwarz later on in Games, if no-one else is going to. I haven’t written an OP for anything before but I’d be willing to try.

ANARCHY_SOUL-
JAH

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

@merreborn: Oh wow, I did the exact same thing after encountering that NPC.

I do like the plan of invading gamefaqs or something though. Also dugg and upmodded on reddit ( http://reddit.com/info/68ave/comments/ ).

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!