Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pumpkin Forumwarz Domination: Suggestions

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Duddly Donkers Posted:

With 75% of your total flezz it would gimp the entire thing way too much, why would anyone risk thousands of flezz for a single scoop?

Alternatively this is still exploitable. Spend all your flezz then sell off your junk items one by one so that you have a small pool of replenishable flezz.

Also, as time draws to a close with everyone hitting me things are getting pretty close.

Here’s what we decided for the balancing updates coming tonight:

1) Anti Freeze is now only given for winning two high stakes bets. I still believe it is harmful overall, as it encourages people to gamble and the majority of gamblers will lose and not win. Hopefully making it twice as hard to get will mean far fewer scoops going into it.

2) bumhole cards can now also be played if you have fewer than 4 scoops. That way if there’s an inactive player in the game you can still squeeze out some bumholery. Also, if a player is feeling suicidal they can sell all their scoops to the point where they’re guaranteed an bumhole card will work. Note: the card still works if you’re in last place and have more than 4 scoops.

I’m not sure if I’ve stated it before, but when bumigning groups we do our best to do it based on wins. That means this week all the winners are pretty much guaranteed to be in the same group.

I’m also adding a new domination card and some small enhancements. As always they’ll be in the Site Updates.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Sounds good; let’s see how it plays out.

Just one thing:

Evil Trout Posted:

the majority of gamblers will lose and not win

Not true with Rock, Paper, Scissors. That’s a 50-50 chance. Unless you’re Rosencranz or Guildenstern, if you have enough flezz, you’ll still be able to farm that.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

Sounds good; let’s see how it plays out.

Not true with Rock, Paper, Scissors. That’s a 50-50 chance. Unless you’re Rosencranz or Guildenstern, if you have enough flezz, you’ll still be able to farm that.

That’s a good point. I’ve removed the ability to make a high stakes bet in PRS in tonight’s update.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sooo… is there a way to see who won in our group?

I hit Duddly with about -61 scoops worth of cards. I tried to organize the rest of the group together at the last minute, but people didn’t accept my friend invites soon enough. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

Sooo… is there a way to see who won in our group?

I hit Duddly with about -61 scoops worth of cards. I tried to organize the rest of the group together at the last minute, but people didn’t accept my friend invites soon enough. Log in to see images!

No I don’t have a good way to show the results from previous weeks yet. You can see who won the medals on the new leaderboards. Duddly unfortunately took home all 4.

I love the idea of co-ordinating an bumault though. I was thinking maybe we should change things so that you can send messages to any player by default, and then have an option to set your account to friends only.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I traded in everything for cards and hit Duddly as hard as possible earlier in the day. Got him down to 79 scoops. Less than an hour later, he was back up to 118. No joke.

I, too, wish there were a way to see the final tallies. Maybe you could work on that for next week?

As to coordinating bumaults, I was going to suggest at some point that each Klan with more than, say, 5 members, automatically get their own private forum. But now I can add to that the idea that each team get one as well. That would allow for communication and taunting Log in to see images!

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

n00b65 Posted:

I traded in everything for cards and hit Duddly as hard as possible earlier in the day. Got him down to 79 scoops. Less than an hour later, he was back up to 118. No joke.

I, too, wish there were a way to see the final tallies. Maybe you could work on that for next week?

As to coordinating bumaults, I was going to suggest at some point that each Klan with more than, say, 5 members, automatically get their own private forum. But now I can add to that the idea that each team get one as well. That would allow for communication and taunting Log in to see images!

Jesus christ. When -I- finished hitting him he was down to about 76, so… he must have gotten back up before you hit him, and then… back up again? wtf?

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

I wish it wouldn’t show “zero trophies”. It’s like a non-participation penalty.

Duddly Donke-
rs

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

You guys did a pretty good job of hitting me. But I did have 9 cards, 7 of which were the ‘add two scoops’ card which is what helped me bounce back up. Then I gambled some more because I didn’t want to lose =)

It was pretty scary though logging in and getting dozens of messages popping up telling me people were attacking me.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Vagitarian Posted:

I wish it wouldn’t show “zero trophies”. It’s like a non-participation penalty.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I’ve hidden them when it’s zero.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Next suggestion:

In the Character pane, instead of the (granted, tiny) link which reads “What’s Forumwarz Domination?”, change the text in the announcement of the accomplishment (“Forumwarz Domination: You” ) to be a link (“Forumwarz Domination: You” ). Just to condense that log, really; there can be quite a lot in it, and once you know what Forumwarz Domination is, you don’t really need the link question anymore.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

Next suggestion:

In the Character pane, instead of the (granted, tiny) link which reads “What’s Forumwarz Domination?”, change the text in the announcement of the accomplishment (“Forumwarz Domination: You” ) to be a link (“Forumwarz Domination: You” ). Just to condense that log, really; there can be quite a lot in it, and once you know what Forumwarz Domination is, you don’t really need the link question anymore.

Not a bad idea. I’ve put it in, let’s see how it works.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I, for one, think it’s working very well Log in to see images!

Madacaek

[Fried Chikunz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’m not sure if it is or is not already constructed this way, but if not, I think you should probably make it so two characters from the same account can never be put into the same team in Domination.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

I’m not sure if characters that no longer play anymore should be entered. Only 3 of my clan counting myself entered so far but I just shoved my entire clan into Formwarz Domination.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

That’s a good point. I’ll see what I can do!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Speaking of clans, how about — clan points?

But to not imbalance it based on membership, instead use a relationship system: Number of clan members divided by number of trophies the clansmembers won (or the inverse). Clans could use this as a recruiting tool, or an exclusion tool, or whatever; it just might give some more “meaning” to being in a clan.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

Regarding the latest changes if someone hasn’t played in 7 days but earns 3 scoops during that time can they retroactively get the 3 scoops if they log in and earn a scoop on their own?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Looking at last week’s results: Umm… Seriously?

DemonNick gets 2 points for 11,5,0? How’s that work, exactly? There are so many people with much, much better stats, but because he got randomly put into a group with only 2 people, he gets easy points? Something just doesn’t seem quite right there…

EDIT: Also, does it seem to anyone else that fewer people were actively playing this week? I saw several people who got a bunch of cards but then failed to use them, allowing me (who was actively pursuing points) and my alt (who was pbumively pursuing them) to both get more than I really expected.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 01/31/2008 1:50AM

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

Bigguyinblack 7 3 1 In a team of 10 people.

It’s true that someone may not have to work as hard in small groups but even in large groups low numbers might not represent what actually happened.

That being said maybe there is a way to divide the platers to prevent the tiny groups.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!