Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pumpkin Forumwarz Domination: Suggestions

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I was thinking of not awarding medals to those who were in tiny groups, but it seems unfair if they actually earned scoops you know?

The group making mechanism chooses the group sizes based on participation in the previous week, but obviously it missed the mark slightly. I’m going to try making the groups a lot bigger this week to see if it helps minimize that.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Bigguyinblack Posted:

Regarding the latest changes if someone hasn’t played in 7 days but earns 3 scoops during that time can they retroactively get the 3 scoops if they log in and earn a scoop on their own?

Missed this. No, it’s not retroactive. The Klan member must have done something in the last week in order to qualify for the vanilla scoop. “Something” is quite broad, too. It covers many areas of the site, including ForumBuildr.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Madacaek Posted:

I’m not sure if it is or is not already constructed this way, but if not, I think you should probably make it so two characters from the same account can never be put into the same team in Domination.

Not working that way. Team Orange Jackal has both me and my alt.

Which means I could really throw the points to one of my characters by transforming all the other alt’s into cards and using them against people other than me. And on the downside, I can’t get more than 4 points between them, rather than the eight I could potentially get if they were on different teams.

I’ve also been thinking that maybe the teams should be split by clbum: One for all trolls, one for all emos, etc. I doubt that many (if any) people have more than one alt in the same clbum and that could solve a lot of balance issues, I’d think.

EDIT: Duddly Donkers is also in this group. Guess that brings my max potential down to between 0 and 2… Log in to see images! MC Banhammer edited this message on 02/01/2008 11:50AM

Madacaek

[Fried Chikunz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Here’s an idea I had: make the time requirement for scoops scale at least a little bit with the number of threads in a forum. I’ve had R.P. Genii ranging from 10 to 14 and it’s a lot harder to get any scoops on the latter.

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

I'M BETTER THAN EVIL TROUT AT HALO 3

If you play this card, you will destroy 10 random scoops from the player with the most scoops on your scoreboard.

That **** is waaaaay overpowered. Especially if a few people have it. There’s a guy on my team with 5 cards and I have a feeling I’m going to get ****ed somewhere between now and Wednesday.

DrScience

Level 30 Emo Kid

I LUST AFTER FAT CHICKS ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE REAL GIRLS HATE ME

I wouldn’t say it’s overpowered. The person using it has to have either the smallest amount of scoops or four scoops or less, meaning that it’s going to be rare that somebody’s going to be using it to bring themselves to the top. Ya, it does really **** over the person on the top, but since the person using it is more likely going to be using it for either a friend or to be an bumhole other than for there own gain, there is a balance.

Though, now that I think of it, it’s worth suggesting to create a card like the bumhole that, instead, aims for the person that has the most of a single type and takes off five (or so) of that flava and a card that works for the person that has the most mininium of all flavas and takes one (again, or so) off of all five flavas, to be more balanced for those that don’t try to have the most overall. Of course, to prevent the chance of people getting a bunch cards that they can’t use, decrease the chance of the bumhole being obtained by 1/3, and then putting the other two cards for the same chance as the bumhole then has, while making it so that only one of these three cards can be one of the two randomly selected cards at a time.

DrScience edited this message on 02/18/2008 11:46PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Three ideas:

1) No one can enter a week mid-week. They have to be site members at the start of a round to be in the round. This may help with the groups of not-very-actives which start showing up in the middle of the week.

Next: It’s a huge advantage to be able to play right before the game’s supposed to end. So:

2) Create groups based on users’ time zones, so everyone competing against each other is active at roughly the same time, and/or…

3) Switch around the time, and possibly even the day, from round to round, to shake the advantage up. I can tell you, for example, that moving the time back 2 hours would give me a huge advantage, while pushing it forward 2 would put me at a large disadvantage.

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

I'M BETTER THAN EVIL TROUT AT HALO 3

Maybe to keep groups with a lot of inactive people from getting medals like the Weasels did last week, medals should only be given out if there is a three way tie or less.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!