Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pumpkin Forumwarz Domination: Suggestions

Duddly Donke-
rs

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Right now I currently think that this whole Domination thing is pretty fun but it also feels like it might be a little unbalanced in favor of anyone willing to sit at their computer and grind gambling. It’s also only a few days in so I suppose things could change, but so far it seems that if you want to win all you have to do is gamble over and over and over and over again, in fact I bet I could win all 4 trophies and never even pwn a single forum just by gambling.

My suggestions for fixing this:

– Increase the amount of scoops you get for doing other tasks so that the 1 scoop you can get from gambling is a little more trivial.

– Add in a new, higher, amount you can gamble with so that when you go on a losing streak you actually run out of money and it’s over. This new amount would be the amount you get rewarded for. Or have the 1000 bet be rewarded but have a much better reward for anyone willing to do the higher bet. Ie 1 scoop for 1000 bet, 15 scoops for 10000 bet.

These are only suggestions that have not necessarily been thought out all the way and also it seems like it would be a bad idea to implement both. I could keep talking about gambling but I don’t want this to be an even larger wall of text.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Well, let’s see. We’re at day 2(3?) of the game, and you have — 98 total scoops. 39 in antifreeze. And 8 cards.

Yeah, I’d say something’s not quite balanced there. Did you come into Domination with a ton of Flezz, giving you lots more opportunity to earn those? Perhaps all that’s needed is to reset all the numbers when the Domination week starts, if that’s even possible.

Duddly Donke-
rs

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I started with around 16k Flezz, through gambling I never really seem to earn a whole lot, the highest I got to was 30k, I’m down to about 22k now. ut while these gains and losses are meaningless if you are trying to get rich, just riding the wave of the win/lose streaks you get way too many scoops.

I’m sadly and pathetically addicted to gambling now because I can’t help but want to exploit this while I still can.

Another suggestion:

Maybe the bumhole card should be allowed to be played by the person with the lowest amount of scoops that actually HAS scoops. It seems unfortunate that one inactive player in a group dooms everyone else from being able to play the card.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Duddly Donkers Posted:

I started with around 16k Flezz, through gambling I never really seem to earn a whole lot, the highest I got to was 30k, I’m down to about 22k now. ut while these gains and losses are meaningless if you are trying to get rich, just riding the wave of the win/lose streaks you get way too many scoops.

I’m sadly and pathetically addicted to gambling now because I can’t help but want to exploit this while I still can.

Another suggestion:

Maybe the bumhole card should be allowed to be played by the person with the lowest amount of scoops that actually HAS scoops. It seems unfortunate that one inactive player in a group dooms everyone else from being able to play the card.

You really seem to be on to something. I’m pretty sure for next week’s game we’ll have to change the gambling reward around a bit. I won’t change the rules mid game, as everyone else has been playing the same game, and you found out a way to get scoops much faster than everyone else. Congrats! Unless someone catches up it looks like you’ll end up with 5 medals.

Out of curiosity, what game are you playing?

About the bumhole card, that’s a good point, although technically to get into a domination round you need to have earned one scoop — it could be taken away. I think the criteria might have to change to make it more usable.

Duddly Donke-
rs

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I just stick to black jack because it seems to be the most fair and easiest to play since I do the same thing every single time. Recently I started playing Rock Paper Scissors though because I have more fun playing it and you have basically a 50/50 chance of winning and it moves much quicker.

Edit: And if you could add a ‘Yes, same bet’ type speech option to say to the gamble bot instead of saying ‘Definitely’ then choosing the amount you want to bet again, that would make everything so much easier, even if you weren’t grinding for scoops Log in to see images! Duddly Donkers edited this message on 01/19/2008 3:34AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout? Maybe you could just give Dudley all the trophies and take him out of the game to balance it for the rest of us? Randomly move all antifreeze scoops to other categories and shut down antifreeze this week until it changes?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

Evil Trout? Maybe you could just give Dudley all the trophies and take him out of the game to balance it for the rest of us? Randomly move all antifreeze scoops to other categories and shut down antifreeze this week until it changes?

I think it would be unfair to do something like that in the middle of a round, after all, out of the four games running right now only one has a player who has taken advantage of their superior gambling skills Log in to see images!

Dudley achieved his lead under the same conditions as everyone else.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Well that’s why I think it would be fair. Put him in his own group by himself, conceding him a victory, and give the other 13 of us the same chance the 30 people who are in other groups have. Right now, what you seem to admit is a broken part of the game is unfairly penalizing the 13 of us who were randomly bumigned to his group.

I’m pretty sure for next week’s game we’ll have to change the gambling reward around a bit.

That’s what I mean by “you seem to admit is a broken part of the game”, BTW.

EDIT: Right now, there doesn’t seem to be any point in even trying to play the game. I’m sure that’s not what you intended…

MC Banhammer edited this message on 01/19/2008 6:11PM

MidnightVoya-
ger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

...Yeeah, I was playing until Duddly came in. Now, I’ve just stopped and conceded it as lost time.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

MidnightVoyager Posted:

...Yeeah, I was playing until Duddly came in. Now, I’ve just stopped and conceded it as lost time.

now is the time to get tons of antifreeze, buy bumhole cards, and pile on him. probably two people doing this would get dudley down to a level where everyone else is competing. It does not work for him in the long term if one other person is using his strategy, but pouring tons of scoops into cards.

I honestly don’t think this needs fixing (because it seems to me that domination is not a game of high scores, but of skating just below a pack of people who are busy ****ing each other with cards and bursting out on the last day- donkers is making himself a giant target for a lot of people who dislike him now) but if I was gonna fix it I’d make it so that you only got 80 or so scoop-eligible turns of gambling per day. Maybe you get a message like “you feel extra tension when you make this bet because you know your rep is on the line.”

HAIL SATIN edited this message on 01/20/2008 11:57AM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

Well that’s why I think it would be fair. Put him in his own group by himself, conceding him a victory, and give the other 13 of us the same chance the 30 people who are in other groups have. Right now, what you seem to admit is a broken part of the game is unfairly penalizing the 13 of us who were randomly bumigned to his group.

EDIT: Right now, there doesn’t seem to be any point in even trying to play the game. I’m sure that’s not what you intended…

We’re having a Crotch Zombie meeting this afternoon. I’ll bring it up and we’ll get back to you.

edit: We decided that rather than risk screwing things up more by moving people in groups we’ll just leave things the way they are until next week’s round. I know it sucks, but there will be a new game in just three days.

Evil Trout edited this message on 01/20/2008 6:47PM

MidnightVoya-
ger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

HAIL SATIN Posted:

now is the time to get tons of antifreeze, buy bumhole cards, and pile on him.

Because we all totally have enough flezz for this. And the bumhole cards are only playable for the person with the LEAST number of scoops. This person didn’t even have a scoop until I checked today.

Fairly depressing, as I at least felt like I had a mild to moderate chance to get somewhere at first…

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

MidnightVoyager Posted:

And the bumhole cards are only playable for the person with the LEAST number of scoops.

Who currently is a guy who has only 1 scoop and doesn’t seem to be playing. Making those cards useless in our competition.

Ah well. With the official ruling, I’m going to go for next week. Although I would so much like a card which would let me swap to one of the teams with only 4 players…

On a new note, a new suggestion (bumuming the gambling exploit will be fixed): Only give out the chocolate scoops when the forumbuildr closes on Sunday. Use the values at the time of close, not ones which go up and down during the week (and could theoretically drop below 5 before all’s said and done). This would bring about a domination mid-week change which could cause people to rethink their strategies.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

Actually it awards based on votes recieved, not positive votes.

...At least that’s what I’ve found. so they’re not using virtual poop scoops, they just got five votes per scoop.

edit: maybe you could make it so people with zero scoops who haven’t earned a scoop in three days they will be removed from the list? just so that the bumhole card doesn’t become completely useless, but the weekend players don’t drop from their team.

Cubear edited this message on 01/21/2008 2:54PM

Mr Interweb

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Well, you could trade in enough scoops so that you have zero too. Then you could use it. Kind of a ****ty way to get around it, though.

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

Cubear Posted:

Actually it awards based on votes recieved, not positive votes.

...At least that’s what I’ve found. so they’re not using virtual poop scoops, they just got five votes per scoop.

I’m not seeing that, babe. I have three submissions with 5 positives, but only one which is above 5 total, and have only received 1 scoop.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

Hmm, you’ve turned me on… the the right idea, hun.

I think I figured out where I got my conclusion from: I had one voted +8 and one voted +2, together they make +10. So that’s why I got two scoops.

edit: I just keep being wrong about this! shows me for making bumumptions without enough info.. yeah it looks like for every five, sorry for being a moron, Barely Legal.

Cubear edited this message on 01/22/2008 2:34AM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

Who currently is a guy who has only 1 scoop and doesn’t seem to be playing. Making those cards useless in our competition.

This will also be changed for next week’s round. I’ll make them more usable somehow.

n00b65 Posted:

On a new note, a new suggestion (bumuming the gambling exploit will be fixed): Only give out the chocolate scoops when the forumbuildr closes on Sunday. Use the values at the time of close, not ones which go up and down during the week (and could theoretically drop below 5 before all’s said and done). This would bring about a domination mid-week change which could cause people to rethink their strategies.

Hmmm, I think I prefer people getting chocolate scoops throughout the week though, instead of in one big lump sum.

Cubear Posted:

I think I figured out where I got my conclusion from: I had one voted +8 and one voted +2, together they make +10. So that’s why I got two scoops.

edit: I just keep being wrong about this! shows me for making bumumptions without enough info.. yeah it looks like for every five, sorry for being a moron, Barely Legal.

Yup, the way it works is you are paid one scoop for every +5 votes you get on a particular submission.

The same votes cannot be rewarded twice, so if you get +5, then get voted down, then voted back up you will not receive it again. Any combination of +5 will work too, so you could get -50, then +55 and that would be a scoop.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

If it’s not too late, I have an idea for how to balance out the gambling scoop: Have the bet required not be a fixed 1,000, but instead, a fixed percentage of your flezz. Maybe something like 75%. That would equalize everyone’s chances, no matter how many flezz they have, plus give a high enough loss rate to make it not farmable forever.

I also considered suggesting that you change it from amount won to amount lost, again with a higher than 50% cost. The other way to get an antifreeze scoop is to do something which harms you (by costing you valuable forum visits); why should you get one for doing something which benefits you?

Duddly Donke-
rs

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

n00b65 Posted:

If it’s not too late, I have an idea for how to balance out the gambling scoop: Have the bet required not be a fixed 1,000, but instead, a fixed percentage of your flezz. Maybe something like 75%. That would equalize everyone’s chances, no matter how many flezz they have, plus give a high enough loss rate to make it not farmable forever.

I also considered suggesting that you change it from amount won to amount lost, again with a higher than 50% cost. The other way to get an antifreeze scoop is to do something which harms you (by costing you valuable forum visits); why should you get one for doing something which benefits you?

With 75% of your total flezz it would gimp the entire thing way too much, why would anyone risk thousands of flezz for a single scoop?

Alternatively this is still exploitable. Spend all your flezz then sell off your junk items one by one so that you have a small pool of replenishable flezz.

Also, as time draws to a close with everyone hitting me things are getting pretty close.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!