Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Whores Artificially extending play time

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Veer Posted:

there’s a difference between Mbum Effect and Forumwarz

in that one game is nonlinear and large and expansive

First, large and expansive are synonyms in this context.

Second, the only non-linear aspects of Mbum Effect are in optional side-quests and what order you do the main missions in.

Veer Posted:

and the other is linear as hell with little to no choice and only one difficulty: v easy

FW is admittedly lacking in optional side-quests, but you are free to do many of the missions in whatever order you so choose. There are clbum-specific missions, and I’ve little doubt that episode 3 will give alignment a larger role in the game.

Further, which clbum you choose greatly changes the style of play.

How about FF7? You can’t make any meaningful changes to the plot there, it only provides the v easy difficulty level, it has comparable levels of missable content, it’s drastically more linear, and it doesn’t even provide the benefit of multiple clbumes for the leader. Don’t bother bringing up the switchable party members; we all know Cait Sith was only slightly more of a useless joke than most of the cast.

Really, it doesn’t matter what game I compare it to. The fact is that you would object to having to pay to replay another game, so why is FW any different?

Also, if you don’t LIKE FW, then why are you even here to object to this suggestion in the first place?

Clearly, there are many significant flaws in your arguments, and these call the validity of your objections into question.

Veer Posted:

a replay mechanic for forumwarz is a stupid idea

I always wonder why people object to suggestions without even trying to provide any valid arguments against the idea.

Yes, we understand you don’t like the idea, but if it’s something you don’t have to use then why try to attack it?

So can you just answer the question “why”?

XSS Code Posted:

Why exactly is it stupid? I for one would like to replay it for something to do since I’m not a domwhore.

QFT.

XSS Code Posted:

Also, maybe give a option to get rid of cheating devices, taking the flag off your account?

This sounds mostly reasonable, since only Dolphin could directly carry over through a remort. However, a player could use 69 forum visits to bash through the storyline and hit the level cap very quickly. By doing this repeatedly they could quickly rack up a lot of point bonuses.

To prevent this, I propose that people who buy forum visits be prevented from remorting for 60 days, thus making it far slower to cheat your way to a high bonus than to do it legitimately.

As far as Flezz goes, the most they can do with that is buy equipment. Not a significant issue.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/09/2008 7:21AM

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

if you want to play as another clbum you have to pay for an alt. and a game like FF7 is way different from forumwarz

forumwarz is a crappy browser game

ff7 is an overrated JRPG

if you want to replay this game fine, but do not implement any benefits for doing so. no stat gains or the like. no special items. no changing clbumes, just replaying the quests.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Veer Posted:

if you want to play as another clbum you have to pay for an alt.

Alts get 4 forum visits per day each. That’s on of the reasons why they cost 3bp each.

Veer Posted:

and a game like FF7 is way different from forumwarz

This doesn’t actually do anything against my general argument of ”’Pay $X to play a GAME you bought for the first time, and $X/3 every time you want to replay it.’ is a stupid policy.”

Veer Posted:

if you want to replay this game fine, but do not implement any benefits for doing so. no stat gains or the like. no special items. no changing clbumes, just replaying the quests.

I can vaguely understand why you might oppose stat gains, but objecting to clbum changes is just silly.

I still fail to see why you object to this proposal, since it’s just changes to a single-player game that give people options. It’s not like FW is really multi-player or anything.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

they are charging 3 BPs to create an alt of a different clbum

yes i am objecting to it. if you want to play as a different clbum pay

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Ah, I see, you didn’t actually read the suggestion.

I suggested a 1bp cost to add another clbum onto the list of clbumes you’re allowed to play as. That is paying.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Why does everyone try to compare ForumWarz to KoL? They are nothing alike and it just results in troll-like posting. For the record, anyone who thinks ascension was a bad thing for KoL is ridiculous and hadn’t spent a year using turns at the shore with literally nothing else to do.

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Except that KoL gave insanely high stat boosts for each ascension. To put FW on par with that, the reincarnation bonus would need to be about +20 offense, +15 defense, and +17 Charisma.

This is seriously off base and makes me think you’ve read about KoL but never actually played it. What is cool about KoL ascension is not the “replay value”, it is that if you are willing to do the grind of replaying the thing over and over you can cross clbum skill gather. In FWZ terms that would be a camwhore “ascending” into a hacker in order to take the ipz attack. Which would in fact be cool, but would also suddenly create a situation where every clbum would need to be balanced to account for how it was paired with every other clbum. This could be a decent idea if we hit the end of Episode 3 and CZ decides to integrate some sort of pvp or klan vs klan endgame where it mattered and was thus worth the effort. Even then at 4 visits per day I just don’t see it being worth it unless each replay permanently unlocked access to everything from that clbum.

Your idea of getting a +1 bonus via replay, the end game situation has no need for it. Maybe you aren’t seeing it because you haven’t hit the level cap, but I can one or two shot every thread in every forum with every clbum except permanoob (not saying they can’t, I just don’t have one.) There simply is no reason to grind through the game over and over for +1. You cannot one shot things faster no matter how much you bump them. A level 5 or 6 camwhore can pwn Denture Chat just as fast as a level 35. One shot is one shot.

Could it make a difference for Episode 3? Yes, I can see that, but CZ has said they don’t want players to go into Episode 3 with a big advantage, thus the level cap. It’s really clear that gathering .moar files is the built in way for players to get an advantage going into future gameplay.

Looking at replay for the sake of trying other clbumes, I know part of your argument is that you paid for Ep 2 and want to try other clbumes, but just get an alt. When you signed up for the site you were very clearly given a choice of clbumes as your free character. One of the only ways CZ brings in bonus money is via BPs. 3 BPs is in fact not a lot of money and if you like the game enough to want to play it over and over, you should consider supporting the game by picking up a few BPs in order to try out the other clbumes if that is how you want to play.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

scullyangel Posted:

Why does everyone try to compare ForumWarz to KoL? They are nothing alike and it just results in troll-like posting. For the record, anyone who thinks ascension was a bad thing for KoL is ridiculous and hadn’t spent a year using turns at the shore with literally nothing else to do.

Since I have no interest in domination, that’s basically what I’m looking forward to once I hit the level cap.

That’s kinda why I want there to be remorting in the game.

scullyangel Posted:

This is seriously off base and makes me think you’ve read about KoL but never actually played it.

t

Yes, read about it AFTER people accused me of ripping it off. I noticed that there was some text on their wiki about getting items that grant permanent stat boosts on returning from the afterlife, but that might have been just poor wording.

scullyangel Posted:

In FWZ terms that would be a camwhore “ascending” into a hacker in order to take the ipz attack.

Cross-clbuming has been bantered about for quite awhile, but I really doubt it will ever actually happen in FW. Needless to say, that’s not a part of this suggestion.

scullyangel Posted:

This could be a decent idea if we hit the end of Episode 3 and CZ decides to integrate some sort of pvp or klan vs klan endgame where it mattered and was thus worth the effort. Even then at 4 visits per day I just don’t see it being worth it unless each replay permanently unlocked access to everything from that clbum.

I think being allowed to carry over some equipment would be enough, provided that they make more troll/glbumes situations.

scullyangel Posted:

Your idea of getting a +1 bonus via replay, the end game situation has no need for it. Maybe you aren’t seeing it because you haven’t hit the level cap, but I can one or two shot every thread in every forum with every clbum except permanoob (not saying they can’t, I just don’t have one.) There simply is no reason to grind through the game over and over for +1. You cannot one shot things faster no matter how much you bump them.

... which is why I’ve been saying that it’s not unbalanced. It does two things; it lets you know how many times you’ve played through the game, and it gives you a slightly better leg-up on the early levels of each cycle.

Yes, there IS no point to grinding through the game over and over for a +1 bonus, and people who love the endgame aren’t going to take a month out of domination for something that’s useless to them

scullyangel Posted:

Could it make a difference for Episode 3? Yes, I can see that, but CZ has said they don’t want players to go into Episode 3 with a big advantage, thus the level cap. It’s really clear that gathering .moar files is the built in way for players to get an advantage going into future gameplay.

My current stats:

Offense 50

Defense 52

Luck 38

Frugality 18

Charisma 55

Upkeep 6

That’s a total of 219 points. If I spent the next year doing nothing but grinding for +1 bonuses for some absurd reason, then I would get a bonus of between 10 and 15 points. Grinding Geronimo for rare .moar files would get me far more than twice that bonus in a tenth the time. I think it goes without saying that it’s impossible for this suggestion to unbalance things for episode 3.

scullyangel Posted:

Looking at replay for the sake of trying other clbumes, I know part of your argument is that you paid for Ep 2 and want to try other clbumes, but just get an alt.

Camwhore

Troll

Emokid

Hacker

Permanoob

Re-re

To get an alt for each would cost 15bp, and would result in me getting a total of 24 forum visits a day. That puts more load on the game’s servers, and gives people an advantage in Domination.

My proposal puts no additional load on the servers, and doesn’t give people an advantage in domination. Although it would only cost about 3 or 4BP total to get all the clbumes, it doesn’t give all the benefits that alts do.

scullyangel Posted:

When you signed up for the site you were very clearly given a choice of clbumes as your free character. One of the only ways CZ brings in bonus money is via BPs. 3 BPs is in fact not a lot of money and if you like the game enough to want to play it over and over, you should consider supporting the game by picking up a few BPs in order to try out the other clbumes if that is how you want to play.

I did mention that my idea would involve paying CZ for bp, right?

Edit: Too tired to think and/or type.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/09/2008 12:28PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

To prevent this, I propose that people who buy forum visits be prevented from remorting for 60 days, thus making it far slower to cheat your way to a high bonus than to do it legitimately.

I was thinking that when they resetted, it wouldn’t give any bonuses, it is soley for taking the cheater flag off, no point stat boosts, nothin added t your overall total.

Also, instead of stat points, why not get a better webspider, or a useless special item?(useless as in only giving 1 or 2 points, ego, or secondary attack)

Also, the fact that you would have to pay the same amount of money to play a different clbum to make an alt. But what if I want to replay as a emo kid again? Why should I have to put money foward to make a alt of what I already have?(Yes, I kno this sounds a little eh from someone who hasn’t donated before.)

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 11/09/2008 2:47PM

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

I believe this would be a great option for those people who dislike the multiplayer options provided. While I doubt I’d ever make use of it (at 4 forum visits a day), if someone wants to start over for a +1 stat increase and an ePeen, more power to them.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

There seems to be a miscommunication.

The remort would be free, and picking your old clbum would be free.

What would cost BP is being allowed to pick another clbum. Also, once you had played as a clbum you would be allowed to remort as that clbum for free.

Is that worded better?

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

Avatar: 70410 Tue Mar 31 18:27:10 -0400 2009

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Posesses, and is, an incredibly large male reproductive organ

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

There seems to be a miscommunication.

The remort would be free, and picking your old clbum would be free.

What would cost BP is being allowed to pick another clbum. Also, once you had played as a clbum you would be allowed to remort as that clbum for free.

Is that worded better?

Hell, this could even play into the hybrid clbumes ET promised us at the end of EP1.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Hybrid clbumes would be a major feature, and thus should be free. However, it seems only natural that CZ would take hybrids into account if they implemented this kind of system.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Won’t Evil Trout already let you delete your account as one clbum and start a new account as a different clbum if you ask him nicely? I don’t see how what the OP is asking for is really substantively different than this other than it’s automated. I mean, I agree that if you’re sick of being an Emo Kid and you want to try being a Troll and you can’t get your hands on BP for some reason, it’s reasonable to let you trash your Emo Kid and become a Troll. But constantly regrinding through the game since it gives you some kind of benefit each time you do it? I’ve really had enough of that in other games.

Nope. I have 2 alts I would like to just reset back to level 1 but there is no way it can be done at the moment. I would like to try the premanoob clbum, but I am not going to “upgrade” my current re-re.

Which is why I like this idea Log in to see images!

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Also: Giving people a nigh-useless token reward that doesn’t even boost their ePeen, and possibly giving Trolls a way to buy glbumes.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

This is all one giant troll and doesnt belong here

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

My suggestion is not unreasonable, and quite a few people have either agreed with it or suggested improvements.

So, why are you claiming that it’s trolling to propose and rationally discuss reasonable suggestions in the appropriate forum?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

This is all one giant troll and doesnt belong here

Coming from a horrible troll, it makes sense youd say that.

CrinkzPipe was banned for this post by Evil Trout

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

</offtopic>

There’s no point to people carrying abilities over from clbum to clbum, since secondary stats aren’t interchangeable.

Also, I think that if a camwhore used “fap” it would have to do an unreasonably high amount of damage, thus unbalancing the game.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Also, being able to carry abilities over would mess-up hybrid clbumes if they ever make it into the game.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!