Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Whores Artificially extending play time

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I propose that people who have reached the level cap should be granted a sTalk contact that resets the story, takes away their flezz and items (Probably), changes their clbum to re-re, and resets them to level 1. Reincarnating like this costs no BP. These players may get a flezz or forum visit bonus to help them start off.

To encourage players to do this, they reincarnation stat bonus pool. Every time you hit the cap and reset you get +1 stat point added to the pool, and these stat points can be distributed however you like prior to hitting level 2. (Perhaps they could trade in 5 or so stat points for +1 forum visit?)

However, while the players are allowed to stay as a re-re if they want, they are only allowed to play clbumes that they chose to play as in prior cycles – if you played as a camwhore, you could only move from re-re to camwhore.

This brings me to the next part of my suggestion – a new game enhancement. Specifically, after reincarnating players would be able to spend 1 or 2 BP to let them pick a new clbum.

For example, the camwhore above reincarnated into a re-re, and now can only choose between staying a re-re or going back to camwhoring. However, if this player bought a clbum repick, they could then choose to play as any clbum they wish. bumuming the player picked hacker, then when they next reincarnate they would be allowed to pick between re-re, hacker, and camwhore.

TL;DR: You can play as any clbum you used to play through a cycle, and you can buy new clbumes for less than an alt.

Also: Players keep access to stores once they’ve unlocked them.

/r/ feedback, plx

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/08/2008 4:33PM

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

no ascension/reincarnation mechanics

that **** killed KoL

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

This is actually a pretty cool idea, except I would change it alittle.

Instead of going back to re-re, you should just go back to level 1 of your clbum and maybe you got an icon next to your name in flamebate showing you prestiged similar to COD 4 (actually exactly like that) where you lose everything but it’s a way to show off/ have something to do.

EDIT: I have not played KoL ever, but if they did thwt and it ruined the game then don’t do it. I’ve only seen it be cool in games before

FAIL edited this message on 11/08/2008 4:35PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Except that KoL gave insanely high stat boosts for each ascension. To put FW on par with that, the reincarnation bonus would need to be about +20 offense, +15 defense, and +17 Charisma.

Although a bunch of +1 bonuses would add up over time, it would take many, many months before it would start to actually give them any sort of tangible advantage.

Besides, what better flezz sink than something that gets rid of it all?

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Besides, what better flezz sink than something that gets rid of it all?

A problem with this would be when they finally implement the .moar files trading system (which they would have to include flezz trading) someone could just have someone else hold their flezz until they prestige, then get it back…

SuperHappyFu-
nKitty

Avatar: 26050 Sat Oct 18 22:48:59 -0400 2008

[ONE HUNDRED PERCEN-
T ACTION KLAN
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Veer Posted:

that **** killed KoL

No, NS13 killed KOL.

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

SuperHappyFunKitty Posted:

No, NS13 killed KOL.

No, banning me from their forums killed kol.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

FAIL Posted:

A problem with this would be when they finally implement the .moar files trading system (which they would have to include flezz trading) someone could just have someone else hold their flezz until they prestige, then get it back…

So restrict .moar file trades to other .moar files. However, that doesn’t really solve the problem anyway, does it? I mean, if I wanted to give a friend a leg up I would just tell them to put any old .moar file up for 2,000,000 and I’d buy it off of them. Heck, since we don’t really have anything worthwhile to do with flezz once we max out our equipment, what’s there to keep us from just giving cash out to raw newbs just so that SOMEBODY can get some use out of it?

Personally, I think that the 100,000 enhancement should just be removed once some kind of trade system comes out, and those people who used it (And only it) should have the cheater flag removed. It’s pretty obvious that the flezz economy will be utter chaos, and people will start back-alley trades of flezz and/or rare .moars for BP.

CZ should do the smart thing and let that happen; people who trade flezz for BP aren’t the type to buy BP in the first place, and it doesn’t really matter who gets the BP as long as it’s been paid for.

TL;DR: Problems that come with a trade system and problems that come with a reincarnation system are different sets of problems.

... Actually, I should probably start a thread about “Lottery Winner”...

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/08/2008 5:58PM

HxC Waffle

Avatar: 79138 Mon Nov 17 08:24:09 -0500 2008

[Eight Vibrating Di-
ldoes
]

Level 29 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

I like this idea personnely.

It’s crazy expensive if you want to just check out every clbum.

ArtificialFl-
avour

Level 41 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

To encourage players to do this, they reincarnation stat bonus pool. Every time you hit the cap and reset you get +1 stat point added to the pool, and these stat points can be distributed however you like prior to hitting level 2.

So is this +1 per level up or +1 per reincarnation?

I’d guess it’d be nice for the people with EP 2, so they can go through every possible choice storyline ever.

ArtificialFlavour edited this message on 11/08/2008 6:32PM

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

I think it should be +1 stats every time you level up. So every time you reincarnate, you get a total of 35 extra stat points. We could 1-hit Geronimo! ****ing finally if we reincarnate about 5 times (350 skill points instead of the now 175).

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Yea. 5 clbumes means 4 alts at 3bp each. That’s 12bp. If you want to keep a re-re around that makes it 15bp, which costs a minimum of $20.

Paying 3 or 4bp to get all the clbumes would seem reasonable with the restrictions put on this idea – you can only play one at a time, you need to hit level 35 before you can switch, and you can’t carry any items or flezz over from one cycle to the next. Compare that to alts, where you get 4 visits for each alt, they each have separate flezz and inventory spaces, they keep everything they buy, you can switch between them freely, etc…

Edit: It’s +1 every time you reincarnate. Keeping it small keeps it from unbalancing the game; one stat point helps out a LOT in early levels, but once you hit the endgame it’s not really worth anything. That makes it fairly useless for getting an advantage in Domination unless you do a LOT of playing over a LONG time, and in that case it’s just rewarding players for sticking with the game.

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/08/2008 6:32PM

AtomicScript-
er

Avatar: 64129 Thu Oct 16 17:05:30 -0400 2008

[Haxxorz Hell]

Level 33 Hacker

This Stays On The Internet

ArtificialFlavour Posted:

So is this +1 per level up or +1 for the whole thing?

I think it’s one for the whole thing, but I hope it’s 1 per level.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

no

it is bad game design to have replay-value be “replaying the game with stat boosts”

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Veer Posted:

no

it is bad game design to have replay-value be “replaying the game with stat boosts”

this. ForumWarz has (or is at least intended to have) tons of endgame activities (like domination): that’s how play time is extended. Semi-regularly, new content is added as well. There’s a whole lot to do now and copying **** from KoL is the last thing we need. If you want to play through the game from scratch buy an alt.

P-doggie

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Veer Posted:

that **** killed KoL

SuperHappyFunKitty Posted:

No, NS13 killed KOL.

Yet the # of players grows ever larger… and the devs no longer need day jobs.

Not saying reincarnation suits FW, but Replay value=win. KoL=successful indie game business model. No homeaux.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Veer Posted:

no

Optional stat boosts. Naturally, you wouldn’t have to put them into anything.

In fact, it would probably be best if specialty ePeen required that you not be using any stats boosts.

Also, I’d say that it’s even worse to have the replay value be not being allowed to play the game again. Sure, you COULD spend $5 to get an alt and play again like that, but paying money to replay a game you’ve paid for is less “replay” and more like “rebuy and play the new copy”.

“Mbum effect: $30 for the first play through, $15 for every subsequent play through.”

Also, for people talking about domination: Endgame content is not replay value.

And what’s this fabulous personry about ‘copying KoL’? The ascension-and-replay mechanic was already ancient when KoL came out. MUDs used it over a decade before KoL started, and so did Legend of the Red Dragon (Which is convenient, since I know it had such a system back when it was created in 1989.)

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 11/08/2008 6:53PM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I think how much of a good idea this is depends on what CZ’s plans with episode 3 (and 4 and 5, and so on) are. If episode 3 is written for level 35ish characters, introducing a means by which people are constantly reincarnating between then and now is kind of silly, since inevitably people are going to be caught at a low level when episode 3 rolls around.

On the other hand, just having a game where every new content dump involves higher and higher level players sort of invites power creep and tends to make the earlier content obsolete. Eventually padding your game with bigger and bigger numbers for things runs out of steam, when players realize that what they’re doing now is just like what they used to be doing except with a couple more zeroes.

The first approach works well for KoL, even when they dump high level content, since it only takes about a week to get from level 1 to the point at which you could reincarnate again. The second approach works for WoW, since they don’t care if it expansions obsolete old combat provided they attract lapsed players to come back, as “playing the game” makes money for Blizzard. I don’t think that FW is set up to really get people from level 1 back up to level 30 in a matter of a week or two, and I don’t know if FW will ever have the momentum of WoW where it can afford to have everything that newbies see for the first three weeks of play be greatly dwarfed by what they’ll eventually get hands on and still have it be a fully satisfying experience for them. So in terms of artificially extending playability, I think we might have to come up with something else to do. FW is its own game, and while it never hurts to steal good ideas from your peers in this business (FW would be a better game if it had a functioning player economy like KoL, for example), games should generally be left to do their own thing provided they’re fun and successful.

I really think Evil Trout would prefer that if you wanted to play the game as another clbum, you throw some money his way, and probably doesn’t want to have to balance the episode 3 content to be interesting both to people who work their way up there on their first playthrough and to people who have spent months grinding and reincarnating to become incomparable badbumes.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

fabulous personry

Try to keep the conversation constructive and civil.

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

SG94 Posted:

this. ForumWarz has (or is at least intended to have) tons of endgame activities (like domination): that’s how play time is extended. Semi-regularly, new content is added as well. There’s a whole lot to do now and copying **** from KoL is the last thing we need. If you want to play through the game from scratch buy an alt.

It’s not like resetting your character would be mandatory. For those of us that aren’t interested in domination, there’s basically not much to do but grind .moar files. If you’d rather play domination, play domination. If you want to play through the storyline again this would be a welcome new feature.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!