Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Rant The New StyleBuildr Sucks

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

It’s cool that you’ve included a way for people who don’t want to take the time to learn CSS formatting by providing an easy to use form that automagically formats it for them. I also really like the real time preview.

What I don’t like is that now I can’t do anything other than color swaps to make my styles stand out. I can’t for example, set what kind of borders I want (solid, dashes, etc.) let alone their size. All you let us choose is fonts, margins and colors.

I’m sure you have a great reason for this like, easing your headaches when converting sloppy CSS into a published forum. Or say, preventing people from doing unintended styles like using an image uri. But really what your doing is limiting creativity.

I would like the ability to use the new auto-styler, as well as an option to format it by hand. I’m sure there are others who would like the same.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Not to mention that most of these styles are BEYOND HORRIBLE. I feel like I wasted my time working hard on the logo, then this feature happened.

Bring both options or simply remove StyleBuildr all together. If people doesn’t freaking know color theory, they shouldn’t be working on styles.

You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. You are enormously insignificant.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Guess what: Forumbuilder sucks.

Do you want to make Flamebate better? Click here!

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

SG94 Posted:

Guess what: Forumbuilder sucks.

Buildr Score: 0

You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. You are enormously insignificant.

SG94

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Fran Posted:

Buildr Score: 0

I don’t do forumbuilder, because it ****ing sucks. Point? It would be hypocritical for me to have anything other than that 0 score, wouldn’t it?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I agree with handofg0d. Using this new interface will produce styles with similar “Look & Feel”, there’s no place for creativity.

I know the old interface had some compatibility issues in the publishing stage but there should be a way to fix it, right?

There were a lot of innovative styles created with the old interface and I would like to see more of them coming.

Request topic to be moved to “Forumbuildr” btw.

Buying a lot of zomg im so fat.xpeg – 500 each 

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I don’t know. I’ve talked to a player who did style quite often and they basically had one static style that they changed the colors on. How is that different really?

I made one using this new tool, and had fun playing with it. I’m sure it’ll be hammered off the voting block, but it was still fun to do.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. Log in to see images!

SG94

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

I don’t know. I’ve talked to a player who did style quite often and they basically had one static style that they changed the colors on. How is that different really?

I made one using this new tool, and had fun playing with it. I’m sure it’ll be hammered off the voting block, but it was still fun to do.

I tried making one but the logo is such garbage that it’s hard to work with.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

SG94 Posted:

If the logo is such garbage, make a better one next week?

Garbage is these paint-made logos with non-harmonious colors. That makes styles harder to work with.

Oh – I forgot. Whining is better then trying to do stuff for yourself. Sorry.

Fran edited this message on 11/07/2008 9:28AM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

It’s kind of a first version as a proof of concept.

Things like border styles, background images and more fun stuff will come later.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Evil Trout Posted:

It’s kind of a first version as a proof of concept.

Things like border styles, background images and more fun stuff will come later.

That’s good news! I really noticed the styles were pretty much the same this week.

But I still think we need both versions – a StyleBuildr for people who doesn’t know CSS and the normal thing for the people who want to get better results.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

for some pros the new builder may limit their options at the moment. for players with no css skills it gets a lot easier. I’m sure more options will be added.

What I miss the most is the lack of custom backgrounds for forums. It really needs that option again

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

scullyangel Posted:

If you’re talking about Ricket, I’d say his combination of colors is quite good, but none of his winning styles has any creative element.

Dolphin Love’s style by kittiejenn was one of my favourite styles.

SG94 Posted:

I think this week’s logo is ok. Last week’s kinda sucked, in a sense that without image support there’s no way you can build a good style for it. The winning style didn’t go very well with it either.

Buying a lot of zomg im so fat.xpeg – 500 each 

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

quangntenemy Posted:

If you’re talking about Ricket, I’d say his combination of colors is quite good, but none of his winning styles has any creative element.

Dolphin Love’s style by kittiejenn was one of my favourite styles.

Dolphin Love and CyberChondriacs (one of my EP2 logos is there) are the best styles on FW, imo.

SG94

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

Fran Posted:

CyberChondriacs (one of my EP2 logos is there)

Yeah I know from your repetitive and unoriginal font use.

Combobreaker

Avatar: 70397 Sat Oct 25 21:25:15 -0400 2008

[WHEN I WAS]

Level 35 Troll

United States of Purple Drank

SG94 Posted:

dawg u gay

AtomicScripter Posted:

Those chances are about 2/1, you’re ugly as hell and about one half of the people here worship me

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

SG94 Posted:

Fran Posted:

If the logo is such garbage, make a better one next week?

Garbage is these paint-made logos with non-harmonious colors. That makes styles harder to work with.

Oh – I forgot. Whining is better then trying to do stuff for yourself. Sorry.

7VibratingLa-
ngston

Avatar: 64688 Sun Oct 19 21:42:40 -0400 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Ill do a logo next time.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

7VibratingRaepdogs Posted:

Ill do a logo next time.

Go for it Log in to see images!

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Fran Posted:

Go for it Log in to see images!

Thanks Fran now I believe in myself! I can do anything! Aside from be President. My people’s time is over. As soon as Barack takes office hes going to learn about how white people Invented AIDS to wipe out the gays, founded the economy of our nation on nazi war gold, and invented crack to kill the puerto ricans but accidentally hurt black people.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!