Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Science of Trolling

Bix Nood

Avatar: 60260 2010-10-12 20:21:23 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 60 Troll

MUP DA DOO DIDDA PO MO GUB BIDDA BE DAT TUM MUHFUGGEN

Hokay, so, everyone has different trolling styles. There is no exact one trolling method, and I recognize this. Otherwise, we’d all be doing the same ****, and it’d be boring as all hell.

So, here’s how I troll.

First off, I make fun of myself nearly as much as I make fun of the other person, because I already have no self-esteem, which in turn, makes me laugh even harder at them. I usually lurk for a while in a forum looking for a topic that’s touchy, or a person that can easily be targeted, and I jump on it, springing an attack pretty much with the crap I got in front of me. Usually, their attempts at fighting back only end in me laughing at them, as you can’t hurt self-esteem that isn’t there in the first place.

What’re your styles.

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

I pretend to be bumhurt. Lulz galore.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

I’ve found that amplifying and projecting my odd quirks seems to work quite well. Like fapping to birds and jets. Good god, you know how many topics and “discussions” that alone has popped up? It certainly doesn’t define my life, but in that topic, everyone loves acting like all I do all day is jerk off to pictures of falcons and F-16s. I also do the “acting bumhurt” thing… seriously, look at this. WHY WOULD I CREATE A MAKESHIFT FORUM FOR PEOPLE TO REPLY… if I weren’t just trolling for people to reply?! Good god. The lulz continue to this moment though, people spreading that link around like “look how bumhurt you got over that, omfg!”.

Techniques I’ve found ineffective:

– The “random ****” posting. I see them everywhere, yet for some reason, despite my pinpoint accuracy on hitting a “lol wut” herve, the topics never take off. Could be because of my character that’s posting it, everyone’s expecting bird ****ing and bumhurt ****ing. *shrug*

– The serious posts. Instantly derailed into “but ur a fabulous person” or just no replies at all (probably like this one).

It’s fun. For a while, it wasn’t so fun and I was actually quite bumhurt. But then I found the entertainment in just watching people respond to the bumhurt, and kept it going for the lulz. I was serious about quitting FWZ though. I hold my avatar as a very important symbol (I spent at least 2 hours in Photoshop on my first avatar here), and it really ****ed me off when people kept switching it. I found that I could just put a little disclaimer in my sig, and that was that. No more bumhurt.

But it’s still fun rocketing through the Flamebate leaderboard. Log in to see images!

Bix Nood

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 60 Troll

Admittedly, I really don’t give a **** what you do. I jumped on for the laughs, and I do it all for the laughs. Any bumholishness I do in the RP forums? Well, yeah, I kinda do that outside of the RP Forums, but the only reason I really jumped on is because you’re an easy target. Log in to see images!

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

FalconFour Posted:

I’ve found that amplifying and projecting my odd quirks seems to work quite well. Like fapping to birds and jets.

wait, you actually do that??

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Agent_Orange Posted:

wait, you actually do that??

Yes, actually. No RP. What, you didn’t even think that was humanly possible?

I just don’t jerk it around the clock like this forum would like to imply…

Bix Nood

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 60 Troll

Goddamn, I’m getting soft. I need more Jim Bean Whiskey.

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

FalconFour Posted:

Yes, actually. No RP. What, you didn’t even think that was humanly possible?

I just don’t jerk it around the clock like this forum would like to imply…

you need a psychiatrist bro

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

trolling is not a science

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Agent_Orange Posted:

you need a psychiatrist bro

I know. I very much know. I just don’t exactly know how to bring up “Ohai, I fap to birds, jets, and pilots, can you halp me?”. You know?

<.<

Maybe this is a discussion more suited for the RP forums. It’s practically a civilized troll.

Bix Nood

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 60 Troll

Come now, this is a discussion of trolling tactics. I really am not getting trolled by anything in this. XD I don’t get trolled by anything much at all, really.

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

...tactics?

Surely actually thinking about what you’re doing defeats the purpose of trolling in the first place?

Pleugh, the term ‘trolling’ is pretty much indefinable anyway

But whatever, all I do is yell “GET THE **** OUT” and a certain racial slur at people – it gets the job done and I enjoy doing it Log in to see images!

PS requesting this be moved to General RP

Bix Nood

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 60 Troll

I’m not really RPing in it, so, er….. Eh, ah well.

Sometimes, I think out what I’m gonna do before I troll. Other times, I jump right in.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

who the **** needs tactics to troll

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

dude who the **** cares about ‘tactics’ just roll with stuff as it happens or something i dunno

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Nicco Posted:

well,

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

Nicco Posted:

Something_Witty Posted:

dude who the **** cares about ‘tactics’ just roll with stuff as it happens or something i dunno

Bix Nood

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 60 Troll

As I said, sometimes, I like to think about the Forum, and think about what exactly’ll make them the most ****ed so I can laugh at them more.

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Laguna Posted:

how the **** can you talk about not having tactics when all you ever say is ‘fine upstanding member of society’

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

you make a thread about trolls, but you dont put it in the trollhole..shame, because only in an rp forum could i tell you what i think Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!