Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Dupe Forums and Consecutive Pwnage

Chelsea Clin-
ton

Avatar: 49405 Wed Nov 19 21:06:58 -0500 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

hay

So my nice streak came to a end after i ran Paranoid Panorama.

If they are the “same” forum then why do they have different battle urls? It is list in both Forums and the Community Forums, so if you are like me you just run the forums in order,, and guess what??? when you get to that one your streak ends… i wouldn’t really care but it ended my 52nd streak…

I and im sure others would like to see them counted as separate forums so this does not keep happening.

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

SIGNED!

Phantom Limb

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I endorse this message.

Same thing happened to me last week.

XOXO

[The Protected]

Level 25 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Why is it so hard to read the name of the forum and figure it out yourself?

Are you perchance stupid or something?

XOXO was banned for this post by Evil Trout

XOXO edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Maximum Douc-
he

Avatar: 64815 Fri Nov 28 03:51:29 -0500 2008

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

I love speedos and speedos love me. Also, male reproductive organ.

Seriously guys, its really easy to figure it out. If one of your guys is before the saiyantology mission do this.

Take a ****ing job for Saiyantology. Then click the link through your forum tab and pwn saiyantology..

hey look that that, gave you credit for both.

Seriously, not that hard.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Do both forums at the start of your run, and avoid them in both forum lists.

volatus

Avatar: 80403 Sat Nov 01 01:34:28 -0400 2008

Level 25 Hacker

Quit stalking Oda and squawking like a pink monkey bird.

Maximum Douche Posted:

Seriously guys, its really easy to figure it out. If one of your guys is before the saiyantology mission do this.

Take a ****ing job for Saiyantology. Then click the link through your forum tab and pwn saiyantology..

hey look that that, gave you credit for both.

Seriously, not that hard.

It should NOT be left up to “hmm, i wonder which forum this is REALLY referring to…”. Simple as that.

It makes logical sense that the “community” forum and the “mission” forum are counted as two different forums. There is no contest. No possible way to say “well, it sort of makes sense this way”. They are on different pages. They are different forums. Why would pwning the one on the community page after the one on the main forums page count as a dupe?

Oh, and that’s not even getting into the frustration that pwning the same forum twice breaks your streak… if that’s the case, there should seriously be some kind of indicator or warning to make it so you don’t have to keep a meticulous list to ensure your streak continues…

But that’s just my opinion. I had to vent. Sorry.

edit: misspellings Log in to see images! volatus edited this message on 11/06/2008 6:40AM

Carix

[Giveupalready]

Level 61 Troll

“Grendel”

Maybe if forums that you’d pwned in your current streak were highlighted in some way it’d prevent people from making this mistake in the first place.

Chelsea Clin-
ton

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

hay

Carix Posted:

Maybe if forums that you’d pwned in your current streak were highlighted in some way it’d prevent people from making this mistake in the first place.

now thats a great idea!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

I made the same mistake. After asking via bug report for details, I got this back:

The id in the URL is the bookmark id, not the forum id. Underneath it’s exactly the same forum. And the forum id is used in calculating the streak.

The double listing does not affect any streaks or E-Peen™. Unless of course you thought they were different forums which they are not.

I’m not fond of it being listed twice, but it is what it is.

Chelsea Clin-
ton

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

hay

spacekadt Posted:

I made the same mistake. After asking via bug report for details, I got this back:

I’m not fond of it being listed twice, but it is what it is.

if it does not affect the streak then why did it stop my streak? I think it should count as 2 diff forums or it the dupes need to be removed from the community side

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Keep a spreadsheet. Besides you streak would have ended anyway, as there are several forums you *must* lose

Chelsea Clin-
ton

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

hay

handofg0d Posted:

Keep a spreadsheet. Besides you streak would have ended anyway, as there are several forums you *must* lose

yes i know about them and planed on not running them.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

volatus Posted:

It makes logical sense that the “community” forum and the “mission” forum are counted as two different forums. <snip> They are different forums. Why would pwning the one on the community page after the one on the main forums page count as a dupe?

They’re not. They’re the same forum. The reason the URL is different is because one comes from a page which uses a /bookmark URL which redirects to the actual forum URL, because bookmarks contain things other than forums.

UnknownFuzzy

Level 23 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

cant see my panix, 0,13 of penial length nid HAALP!!1!!1

Chelsea Clin-
ton

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

hay

UnknownFuzzy Posted:

cant see my panix, 0,13 of penial length nid HAALP!!1!!1

umm dude non roll play forum..

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Lolita Kramz Posted:

if it does not affect the streak then why did it stop my streak? I think it should count as 2 diff forums or it the dupes need to be removed from the community side

From the tubmail: “Unless of course you thought they were different forums which they are not.”

I think they need to be removed from the non-community side, honestly. When I brought it up under my alt before, people were saying that they wanted to have access to them despite not having Episode 2. It’s a valid request given that they really are community forums that they sucked into the storyline.

It’s not hard to write something into the narratives (story wise, I think I saw something that actually changing the narratives was a bit of a pain in the bum) telling the player to find the forums on the community tab. Hell, it’s even already there when you get the PP mission – I specifically watched for that on one alt.

As for the person above that mentioned the spreadsheet… I’ve done that oodles of times. And managed to **** up my runs *every time* when I forget to mark off that I ran something. So I came back the next day and ran it again. Sometimes I did it early, sometimes I did it way the hell late. I found my best luck (until this happened) to be just running the forums in order… I could check my visit history and know exactly where to pick up… and it didn’t rely on me remembering to do anything. (other than remembering to skip PP and CoS now)

Chelsea Clin-
ton

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

hay

spacekadt Posted:

From the tubmail: “Unless of course you thought they were different forums which they are not.”

I think they need to be removed from the non-community side, honestly. When I brought it up under my alt before, people were saying that they wanted to have access to them despite not having Episode 2. It’s a valid request given that they really are community forums that they sucked into the storyline.

It’s not hard to write something into the narratives (story wise, I think I saw something that actually changing the narratives was a bit of a pain in the bum) telling the player to find the forums on the community tab. Hell, it’s even already there when you get the PP mission – I specifically watched for that on one alt.

As for the person above that mentioned the spreadsheet… I’ve done that oodles of times. And managed to **** up my runs *every time* when I forget to mark off that I ran something. So I came back the next day and ran it again. Sometimes I did it early, sometimes I did it way the hell late. I found my best luck (until this happened) to be just running the forums in order… I could check my visit history and know exactly where to pick up… and it didn’t rely on me remembering to do anything. (other than remembering to skip PP and CoS now)

I did the same thing with spreadsheet, and it didnt work out too good, but like you i just run the forums in order hard to easy…

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

MC Banhammer Posted:

The reason the URL is different is because one comes from a page which uses a /bookmark URL which redirects to the actual forum URL, because bookmarks contain things other than forums.

Yeah, in answering it for someone, I listed two different URLs until I checked it all out. Srsly, just enter a forum and see if what’s listed at the top is identical, ‘cause it’s kinda hard to have two differen,t identifcally named pages (a firend of mine had to identically named PowerPoint presentations (or something) in the same folder, but I’ll pin that on Macs, which suck).

Also: What is the deal with what I bumume are Europeans using commas where a decimal point should be? Leaving the comma out of a four-digit integer, that I can understand, since it’s still easy to visually pick out the number of numerals, but what happens when I want to show “123,456,78”?

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Carix Posted:

I concur with this idea.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!