Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Price Increases, and Inflation.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I just noticed, and a check of the Forum Warz twitter confirms this, that yesterday or so the prices for a lot of high end items went up significantly. Now this certainly isn’t an egregious nerf, though it’s a little annoying as a Hacker since I’ve just recently started to rake in reasonable flezz and suddenly good gear is a little further away, but I’m not sure how effective a measure this really is in terms of controlling inflation. I have it on good authority both that people out there have millions of flezz, and even with the recent deliveries changes that it’s possible to rake in 400k flezz a day, or so, if that’s what you’re trying to do.

Not only that, but most of the high end stuff is something you don’t need many copies of. Considering how cheap repairs are, no Hacker will ever need more than 4 Beast0r Cables and no Troll will ever want more than 1 Tumorous Kidney. So by raising the cost of one-time purchases, we’re effectively limiting access for newer accounts (which may well be a good thing), but are we really doing anything relevant to combat inflation? Since a player can get everything he or she needs to kit out a character optimally in only a few days of high end flezz grinding and then everything else is essentially profit.

So mostly what I’m saying, is that increasing the price of these goods might have been the right call, but it certainly seems incremental, at best, as an inflation fix. Realistically, to combat inflation, don’t we need some sort of flezz sink whereby people can sink arbitrary amounts of flezz with some minor gain for doing so? Like maybe an ePeen award for the most flezz sunk in a 24 hour period, or some sort of raffle where people can spend flezz on tickets for a chance to win a trophy, exclusive item, ePeen, or something?

Possibly the inclusion of a .moar file trading system will do something to get flezz moving in the economy, but I don’t know if it will really prevent “amount in” from exceeding “amount out” by a significant margin. Possibly something that EvilTrout might want to consider is having the game take a cut of any flezz exchanged when .moar files are traded (not much, just, say, 1%) and/or adding a listing fee for putting them up for sale.

Am I totally off base here?

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 11/05/2008 4:43AM

I HATE NIGS

[WE HATE NIGZ]

Level 24 Hacker

i'm a stupid fine upstanding member of society loving fabulous person who has male fine upstanding member of societys **** in my bumhole

If you aren’t pulling in HUGE MbumIVE amounts of money you are playing hacker wrong xD

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I HATE NIGS Posted:

If you aren’t pulling in HUGE MbumIVE amounts of money you are playing hacker wrong xD

While I am pulling in a lot more flezz than I would have expected, recently, that’s sort of not the ultimate point. In a week or two, I will have made enough flezz to buy anything I could ever hope to want, and then the filthy lucre I haul in every day is purely profit. So what was the effect of the price increases? I had to wait longer to kit myself out with Beast0rs, but after I have them almost all the flezz I make is pure profit. So it’s really a drop in the bucket as far as “combating inflation” is concerned.

So whether or not this is a good change, it seems that it doesn’t really do much to combat the ever-increasing amount of swag in the game.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!